Author Topic: what is the ideal huge ship you would be on with freinds in multiplayer?  (Read 9111 times)

Wadusher

• Founder
I would use a 1:1 version of this:

It can fit 8-9 players/NPCs plus 3 robot NPCs, IIRC.

Any more and I would be flying this:

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
Already got a 1:1 ad its fucking small
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Wadusher

• Founder
Already got a 1:1 ad its fucking small
I'm pretty sure it was larger in KOTOR (or KOTOR 2, at least) if 12 characters are able to fit in it.

I've played KOTOR 1 and 2 numerous times and it feels much larger than the one you have.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:15:44 pm by Wadusher »

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
I've played KOTOR 1 and 2 numerous times and it feels much larger than the one you have.

It's probably mostly due to the whole "Building using 1-meter-cubes" thing. According to the maps I've just seen and my memory of the Hawk, it doesn't have meter-thick bulkheads everywhere (Anywhere, really).
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Hyperion

• Founder
  • SnowDragon's Lackey
In multiplayer trying to pack all of you guys into a mere huge ship would be a challenge. It would take an enormous ship to give each and everyone of you a bunk and not turn on each other.  ;)

I don't want to go "Oh! there's shots going my way! No big deal I'm the U.S.S Bloody Massive, It won't even leave a scratch." *boom* "SHIT! BIG DEAL! HUGE DEAL!"

Wadusher

• Founder

It's probably mostly due to the whole "Building using 1-meter-cubes" thing. According to the maps I've just seen and my memory of the Hawk, it doesn't have meter-thick bulkheads everywhere (Anywhere, really).
True...

Imaus

• Founder
  • Let the Hammerfall
If you had a crew with your friends i would think it would just be a deathmatch inside the ship with each other XD
Family Balenchist

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
A fighter carrier.  People can grab a fighter, go out, shoot things up, get shot at, and respawn right on board...

If I were building a ship designed to be enjoyable for multiple players, this is what I'd build.

Personally, I'm probably going to try to build something with a huge spinal-mount cannon (that, completely ideally, also doubles as a main thruster), quick & accurate hyper-drive, and widely-spaced RCS for maximum maneuverability. Then I can just pop into a system within range of your ship, blow you in half, and jump back out just as the IR signature of my ship hits your scanners.  ;D

For larger groups you might want a mobile refinery and boat launch, build your multi-man attack craft as you skirmish around a solar system, jumping from resource point to resource point while avoiding and/or hunting the enemy refinery and its attendant boats and dropped mines.
Jibreel: Yeah but [Hufer] that's like [Axis] complaining that his Toyota Camry is stuck in the mud and you responding "Well my M1 Abrams doesn't seem to be having much trouble."

Gingo

• Founder
I'm thinking a Warhammer-styled (downscaled) ship would fit me best.
Maybe a Retribution or Emperor scaled down to about 1km.

Most probably the Retribution, unless the game gets designed heavily around fighter warfare.

kaptnkrunch

• Founder
  • Full Violocity ahead. With all violence and speed.
Defo a 40k ship.
In the books/fluff they're crewed by 10's of thousands, but most of it can be automated.

I think a destroyer/carrier would be fun, in the 1-2km region with lots of fighters and bombers for people to get involved with.

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!

True...

Oh yes sorry forgot to mention that, I can give you the .BRD, you said there are multiple sizes, i used the wookepedia as reference, if you have a bigger size ill be glad to give it a go
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
Defo a 40k ship.
In the books/fluff they're crewed by 10's of thousands, but most of it can be automated.

I think a destroyer/carrier would be fun, in the 1-2km region with lots of fighters and bombers for people to get involved with.

I quite fancy making a dauntless light cruiser.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

kaptnkrunch

• Founder
  • Full Violocity ahead. With all violence and speed.
Defo a 40k ship.

I quite fancy making a dauntless light cruiser.

Good choice I feel. Definitely something that'd be fun to play with.

MoDSec

• Founder
  • Spacey Spacey
I think something Corvette sized, or if I found myself in the mood to make something so monumentally sized without any style, but in an extremely effective shape... I'd make a Borg Cube.

Iago

• Founder
  • Keep calm and charge the FTL drive
Re: what is the ideal huge ship you would be on with freinds in multiplayer?
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 03:39:08 pm »
this thing of course!

http://oi30.tinypic.com/2l8f24g.jpg

(It is just above 20 km long)

Its the Eternal Crusader Battle Barge of the Black Templars Space Marines Chapter
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:42:08 pm by Iago »
Superbia mentis potens in armis.