Author Topic: what is the ideal huge ship you would be on with freinds in multiplayer?  (Read 8753 times)

blockade commander

• Starhopper
just curious so i wanted to know what other ships people would love to pilot and fight in with others in multiplayer. personally for me i would  say the Pillar of Autumn from halo just because i would love reppelling boarding partys as head of security and making an awesome escape in a longsword or a escape pod 8) so what ship would you guys love to work in with your freinds in Blockade runner?

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
An SSD. Almost certainly.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
A super ship of my own design, more than likely.

Vininator

• Founder
  • Owner of Galactic Munitions Inc... and a cool guy.
SSD hands down. Failing that, I'll settle for one of mine :P

Imaus

• Founder
  • Let the Hammerfall
A bounty hunter ship with like 4 people would be the best i think.

But huge,  a Warhammer ship, or SSD
Family Balenchist

ChunkofWhat

• Founder
  • rawr

Vininator

• Founder
lol ChunkofWhat...
Where's the Like Button on this thing?

"Thrusters to full!"
*put-put-put-put-put* *POW* *put-put-put*

Proteus

• Founder
A fighter carrier.  People can grab a fighter, go out, shoot things up, get shot at, and respawn right on board and get right back into the action.  Currently I have a rather rudimentary carrier that will hold about a dozen small fighters, but eventually I am going to build a supercarrier with onboard fabrication systems to build new fighters and drones (assuming such a thing is implemented) and if possible maybe even some kind of docking bay for people to park their own fighters or small ships at.

I've tried building the hull for monster but apparently BR doesn't like me to go that much over 500 M in length :(

Bladecatcher

• Founder

And yes, the stereo only plays Led Zeppelin songs.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
A fighter carrier.  People can grab a fighter, go out, shoot things up, get shot at, and respawn right on board...

If I were building a ship designed to be enjoyable for multiple players, this is what I'd build.

Personally, I'm probably going to try to build something with a huge spinal-mount cannon (that, completely ideally, also doubles as a main thruster), quick & accurate hyper-drive, and widely-spaced RCS for maximum maneuverability. Then I can just pop into a system within range of your ship, blow you in half, and jump back out just as the IR signature of my ship hits your scanners.  ;D
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Vininator

• Founder
A fighter carrier.  People can grab a fighter, go out, shoot things up, get shot at, and respawn right on board...

If I were building a ship designed to be enjoyable for multiple players, this is what I'd build.

Personally, I'm probably going to try to build something with a huge spinal-mount cannon (that, completely ideally, also doubles as a main thruster), quick & accurate hyper-drive, and widely-spaced RCS for maximum maneuverability. Then I can just pop into a system within range of your ship, blow you in half, and jump back out just as the IR signature of my ship hits your scanners.  ;D

Spoiler

How about a double-barrel approach  ;D

Cole

• Founder
A fighter carrier.  People can grab a fighter, go out, shoot things up, get shot at, and respawn right on board and get right back into the action.  Currently I have a rather rudimentary carrier that will hold about a dozen small fighters, but eventually I am going to build a supercarrier with onboard fabrication systems to build new fighters and drones (assuming such a thing is implemented) and if possible maybe even some kind of docking bay for people to park their own fighters or small ships at.

I've tried building the hull for monster but apparently BR doesn't like me to go that much over 500 M in length :(

Sounds a bit like a Mercury class battlestar to me ;).

So say we all.

Vininator

• Founder
 ;D

theallmightybob

• Founder
  • Sleep is for the weak.
got mine, its still w28 though, gotta make a new dart.
would you buy a toaster shaped like an f22 with an eject button on it? cause thats what i'm going for.

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
She ain't anywhere near done, and I haven't even touched the ship after the 0.54.0 update:

"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4