Author Topic: Troubleshooting  (Read 3707 times)

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
Troubleshooting
« on: September 21, 2011, 03:52:21 pm »
W12 didn't want to run, but I took the dive and bought the release anyways and found that W20 will play music on me before frakking out, so it's an improvement (not to mention I the computer needs replacing anyways).

However, I've downloaded everything necessary in the readme and haven't figured out what the problem is.

So far, I can get a blank window open and the music playing, but something faults and I never get more than a white screen visually before Vista shuts the program down.  I think my graphics card might be at fault here because I could never get more than two minutes of play out of the minecraft alpha (frankly, I expected major difficulties from the start).
Jibreel: Yeah but [Hufer] that's like [Axis] complaining that his Toyota Camry is stuck in the mud and you responding "Well my M1 Abrams doesn't seem to be having much trouble."

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
Re: Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:13:10 pm »
You might be having similar problems to those from this thread. I would predict Aaron asking you to see if W9 runs okay...
<Czorio> The bittersweet embrace of the Alaric is the only embrace I'll ever know.
<Gabriel> Because Alaric robbed your pleasure...
<Aaron> I feel dirty. Alaric, pls hold me.
<Terah> I don't guess when it comes to you Alaric, I just assume you are always watching...

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 08:46:00 pm »
Do I have to rip out the W20 files to run the W9 version?

EDIT: W9 and W7 both failed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:59:11 pm by Cy83r »
Jibreel: Yeah but [Hufer] that's like [Axis] complaining that his Toyota Camry is stuck in the mud and you responding "Well my M1 Abrams doesn't seem to be having much trouble."

• Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 07:14:02 am »
haha. now that this threads back, i too had the whole W12 / W20 not working BUT W9 did work, so obviously i am encountering that common problem.

vlgi

• Founder
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 02:10:34 pm »

Some details on your machine, CPU, RAM, G-card etc. would be useful

Try to run the game as an administrator.

Also worth checking the usual drivers, e.g. graphics card driver, sound card etc.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:12:09 pm by vlgi »

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 10:52:17 am »
Someone else had success by running the game in Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatibility mode.  We're still trying to investigate where these crashes are coming from.
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:44:36 pm »
From what I can tell, my machine is running on a "Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family" I have no idea what any of that means.

Zerebo

• Super Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 09:20:59 am »
From what I can tell, my machine is running on a "Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family" I have no idea what any of that means.
it means crap onboard graphic with crap drivers. They make often problems with games.
You tried already W23?

Romanlegacy

• Founder
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 10:51:40 am »
it means crap onboard graphic with crap drivers. They make often problems with games.
You tried already W23?

I have the same problem as the OP on one of my laptops, with the same exact graphic card.  Window pops up, sound plays, then crash while its still blank.  This could well be an issue with that particular card, since I have the .Net softwares too.

Oh, and W23 doesn't even get to the window before crashing, just straight up crashes.

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 03:15:08 am »
Good to know, I'll wait for the new machine to arrive before making use of my willingly donated money to this wonderful project.

Actually, I kind of wish there was a "donate" feature so I could put a little money into the project every paycheck, buying multiple copies is just ridiculous (I only need one key after all).

Zerebo

• Super Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 09:31:59 am »
Good to know, I'll wait for the new machine to arrive before making use of my willingly donated money to this wonderful project.

Actually, I kind of wish there was a "donate" feature so I could put a little money into the project every paycheck, buying multiple copies is just ridiculous (I only need one key after all).
They tested a donate button already. So they probably will add it soon.