With the Blockade Runner Mod Tools I aim to give a suite of tools that allow even the least technically literate player to create and play with BR's content. This will include the addition and modification of Materials, Textures, Prefabs and perhaps even Sounds.
I've made a start using the mod files that are available as of 0.54.0 and plan on expanding once more moddability is added.Please note: These tools are experimental and loss of mod data may occur. Please backup any mods before and regularly while using this tool.Current version: 0.4.1Current Features
- Swap mods and addons in and out of the game
- Save multiple mod and addon profiles
- Add and Modify the Materials available for construction in-game
- Preview the textures applied using the 3D in-game rendering methods
- View all the Textures currently available
The latest release of the Mod Tools can be downloaded from sourceforge at this link:https://sourceforge.net/projects/brmodtools/Not instantly compatible with 0.56.0e, but 0.56.0 is fine (Blame nathan apparently ). To fix: Delete "default" folder from Mods
Some test addons can be downloaded here
You will probably also need to download and install .NET framework 4
The .exe and .dlls should be placed into the Blockade Runner directory
and run from there.
Once running the 'Select Mod Folder' button should be used to select the "Blockade Runner" folder.
You can now view and change the Materials data, changes will save when you change mods or press 'Save changes'How to install addons
1. Download an addon.
2. Place the addon folder into BlockadeRunner/Addons/ (create Addons if it doesn't exist)
3. Start the Mod Tools, then select the game folder.
4. Select the addon tab, select the mod from the list then press 'Activate addon'How to CREATE an addon
Basically an addon's folder should mirror the Content folder's layout but only for the supported things (As of 0.4.1: textures, prefabs, materials).
1.Create a folder with your addon's name in the BlockadeRunner/Addons folder.
2.Place textures in Addons/addonName/textures.
3.Place prefab folders in Addons/addonName/prefabs.
a.Use the mod tools "Add materials" button to create and then "Edit materials" materials.
b.Manually place a solids.xml at Addons/addonName/Data/solids.xml
5.Test it works in-game by activating the addon then trying it out in-game.
6.You're done, share the addon to anyone you want and they should be able to add those new objects!NB: Addons must be self-contained for now. You can't reference the base mod (vanilla). If you want to reuse their textures or prefabs you have to copy them out. This is because I can't guarantee they'll still be there in future BR releases.
- Different rendering modes will show the different blocks produced in-game
- User added Textures
- User added prefab models and textures
- User added sounds
- Various crashes when trying rendering on prefabs
- All rendering modes do the same thing
- Cannot find part of file path error caused by having Blockade Runner in a mapped area (My documents,desktop,program files)
- Addons now support prefabs
- Implemented activating addons, so you can set addons that will be loaded into the game
- Added the ability to set an active mod, the mod that will actually be loaded into the game
- Added a 3D preview of the in-game model
0.2.1.1Hotfix, 0.2.1 didn't actually work due to some experimental stuff I tried
- Added a texture preview in the material editor
- Added a material editor under 'Edit Material'
- Disabled modification on the main tab
- Added the ability to view textures