Author Topic: How did you find Blockade Runner?  (Read 14514 times)

EliteASH_11

• Founder
  • Competition starter.
    • Steam
Re: How did you find Blockade Runner?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 01:17:55 am »
I came from notch too, Was looking for a link to the 1.9 prerelease and found this.
"That MAC gun can put a round clean through a Covenant Capital Ship."

• Founder
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 07:04:35 am »
wow, Notch knows of Blocade runner and talked about it, nice.

ruger392

• Founder
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 07:22:01 am »
I found BR when someone posted on the minecraft forums about it. I am really contemplating buying this game. I LOVE SPACE. But I still don't know if I'll be putting the money in for something that will succeed.
(I'm sure it will, but I only recently got a credit card and I don't really know how to use it).

Zerebo

• Super Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 07:30:42 am »
I found BR when someone posted on the minecraft forums about it. I am really contemplating buying this game. I LOVE SPACE. But I still don't know if I'll be putting the money in for something that will succeed.
(I'm sure it will, but I only recently got a credit card and I don't really know how to use it).
You can always wait and play the lite version until you get to the point you really want this game.  ;D

ruger392

• Founder
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 09:02:37 pm »
You can always wait and play the lite version until you get to the point you really want this game.  ;D

Off-topic: I decided I'd buy it.
---3 minutes later---
*builds a bunch of ships and talks to self while playing with them*
In other words, I like it. A lot. More than terraria or minecraft. But, one thing I'm not too sure of - when release 1 is completed, do you have to pay again for release 2? Or did I not understand that page correctly?

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 12:01:01 am »
Release 2 will be an "expansion module" that fits on top of Release 1 content (i.e. the core gameplay and IIRC multiplayer experience) and there will be presumedly more releases focused on different aspects of the game's potential, kind of like The Sims but a lot cheaper.
Jibreel: Yeah but [Hufer] that's like [Axis] complaining that his Toyota Camry is stuck in the mud and you responding "Well my M1 Abrams doesn't seem to be having much trouble."

Officer_flux

• Founder
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 04:05:09 am »
I was browsing Notch's tweets for something interesting when I noticed the PCGamer article and thought I'd check it out. I'm quite pleased with what I found! Glad to help out an indie developer as well

Zed

• Founder
  • Blind me with science!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 09:32:45 am »
Notch retweeted a tweet by PCgamer to an article about this game, it seemed very interesting so I became a full blown member of the community!
Ditto.  Was on the train and going through many tunnels at the time though so I almost forgot until I finished watching the Yogscast videos on Youtube.
Building stuff.

Disturbedone767

• Founder
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 02:08:19 am »
Was on Notch's twitter and found this.  Another Notchee,

SumDuud

• Founder
  • When in doubt, C4
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 01:33:15 pm »
I was searching for a picture of the Blockade Runner from Star Wars and Google decided it'd put you as  the first result! I also bought it before Notch tweeted and brought all these new guys in. Good times.

blackether

• Founder
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 01:39:43 pm »
I am yet another who heard about the game from Notch. I must say that I had been attempting to create ships in Minecraft for about a month when this suddenly appeared in front of me. Needless to say: I love it, and am very excited at the potential.

Dayshine

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 02:19:11 pm »
I came from Reddit :P
Someone made a nice post on this amazing game on /r/gaming and here I am!

mamastoast

• Founder
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 02:48:00 pm »
I also came with the Notch wave... And being a creation addict and a sucker for indie games I just had to look at it, glad I did. Man, seems these days all I play are indie-like games, TErraria, minecraft, Mount and blade, blockade runner...  I think we've approaching a new age of games ^^

LordJebe

• Spacer
  • Made of 100% Perkele
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2011, 02:56:47 pm »
A Finnish game news site Dome.fi had an article about the game. Since I am a fan of Minecraft and my imagination quite often plays around space and spaceships, I decided to check this game out.
Railguns are awesome. My english ain't.

Lux

• Spacer
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2011, 06:22:51 pm »
saw this article on Kotaku http://kotaku.com/5842950/blockade-runner-is-a-minecraft+inspired-spaceship-sim

Yeah, its same for me. I first saw it in Kotaku, one of my favourite video game blog (I am still the major lurker in it though).