Author Topic: Nebulon B Frigate  (Read 32171 times)

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
Re: Nebulon B Frigate
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2012, 10:42:26 am »
Keep in mind I'm writing in Aurabesh letters here. But not a bad idea. I'm going to look through some Nebulon images to see how they did it in the Star Wars Expanded Universe
"'What the h**l are you doing you mother******s?!!11'
I Gasped it was................. Dumbledoor!!!1"

blazingsentinal

• Founder
  • Capt. Recin "Blaze" Aeron of the IUN
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2013, 10:20:46 am »
Finally got around to donloading and exploring this awesome ship, the amount of detail is ridiculous, im glad you made those maps otherwise i'd just be going in circles for hours :)

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2013, 02:21:51 am »
You'd be surprised how fast you can acclimate. When it comes time to do the imperial-theme overhaul, I'm thinking of adjusting sections like the TIE hangar and the officers' quarters sections to make navigation easier. I'll also use a new stand-in for escape pods, which should allow more space for interiors. :) I'm looking forward to the upcoming release so I can get to work!

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Leader of the S.D.I and CEO of 301st industries
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2013, 07:18:54 am »
Wait your making a SSD? I thought CmandrMarcsBirger was doing it.

If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2013, 08:29:18 am »
No, The SSD is way too big. I'm doing the Victory class Star Destroyer, though.

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2013, 11:13:49 am »
CmandrMarcsBirger and I both do Star Wars 1:1 replicas in BR. So far he's done more ships than I have, though. I tend to spend several months on a single ship, with only a small amount of time spent on that ships' ancillaries (like shuttles and TIEs) and no other active large builds, but CmandrMarcsBirger puts out a lot of unrelated medium and small builds during his bigger ones. Damn good medium ones, too, you should grab some of his BRDs

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Leader of the S.D.I and CEO of 301st industries
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2013, 11:22:09 am »
So he is making a Vindicator and your making a Victory? Have yall ever thought of making a SW faction together? For your next ship might I suggest a KOTOR Hammerhead cruiser? I made a ship based off of the main shape but it didnt do it justice.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2013, 03:54:18 pm »
I've thought about the Hammerhead, but I do all my builds by eye (explaining why the different parts are never correctly scaled to each other in my builds) and I just can't make it look right. I do a lot better with big and angular.

You have no idea how nerve-wracking it was to make the nebulon's forward superstructure block-by-block back in w28. :) I do miss the sounds when I destroyed the ill-placed blocks, though.

I'm going to try a Flurry pocket carrier and a Marauder cruiser down the line, and of course I'll keep updating my shuttles and troop transports, as well as my Night Caller conversion of the CR-90, my Nebulon (I intend to overhaul the interior as well, so I'll have an Imp Nebulon B and I'll keep the current one as a New Republic Nebulon B variant), and the nearly-finished Lancer frigate.

I'm not sure if I'll keep updating my TIE with more accurate parts. There are some good versions of it out there already, and mine doesn't do it enough credit.

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2014, 12:33:14 pm »
Well, the time has come.

Although the next nebulon-ready version of BR isn't out yet, I'm going back to w71 and putting some more work into a Nebulon B Frigate for the imperials.

Since my initial build, the Complete Cross-Sections came out, showing the nebulon with parts in different places. I've also got my hands on the Star Wars Technical Journal and am working on getting a real copy of the 1998 campaign book, Far Orbit Project, for the old SW d6 RPG. The imperial-era build of the Nebulon is my goal here, and I think I can make it a lot better than the original Nebulon I made last year.

Right now it looks like someone took a turbolaser battery to the ship as I rip out huge non-canon sections and parts I just plain hated. Once something of substance is added, I'll upload some screenshots.

Hyperion

• Founder
  • SnowDragon's Lackey
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2014, 07:25:53 pm »
Do me a favor and count how many times BR crashes for me will you? I was working on a 500m cruiser that was actually within recommended 255^3 size and the game liked to crash every other time I saved. Eventually ended up costing me about a days worth of work as the BRD. reverted to 0kb and I had to go back to my only backup that was pretty old.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:55:23 pm by Hyperion »
I don't want to go "Oh! there's shots going my way! No big deal I'm the U.S.S Bloody Massive, It won't even leave a scratch." *boom* "SHIT! BIG DEAL! HUGE DEAL!"

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2014, 08:45:33 pm »
It almost never crashes during the Nebulon work, but with the Lancer Frigate it crashes every few hours (that's 350x100x150, about), and the victory, which is just a huge 3D frame right now, crashes every 10-20 minutes.

Everything I build is constantly being backed up with double saves, so I wouldn't know if I've corrupted and overwritten a BRD in the last few months.

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2014, 09:41:12 pm »
Nebulon B for New Republic got a little work done, nothing fancy. Almost everything's back where it should be in this version. Guns and elevators still need a little work.

Imp version..... not so much. A long way to go on this one.