Author Topic: Vininator's shipyard  (Read 29491 times)

Vininator

• Founder
  • Owner of Galactic Munitions Inc... and a cool guy.
Vininator's shipyard
« on: March 22, 2012, 02:27:37 pm »
/RUNNING ID PROTOCOL <CrimsonTide>
//UNAUTHORIZED ID DETECTED
///INITIATE LOCKDOWN SEQUENCE 34D7

ALERT
THIS DATA BANK REQUIRES CLASS ALPHA-1 AUTHORIZATION CODES AND A LEVEL 000 SEC-ID. ALL UNAUTHORIZED QUERIES WILL BE BACKTRACKED AND BLOCKED

PLEASE DISCONNECT FROM THIS DATA BANK OR YOU WILL SUFFER SERIOUS HARDWARE DAMAGE
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:26:28 pm by Vininator »

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
Re: Vininator's shipyard
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:03:46 pm »
Does the mining ship need to have an asteroid held in the main chamber there in order to balance when flying, or have you counterbalanced the crew section already?
"'What the h**l are you doing you mother******s?!!11'
I Gasped it was................. Dumbledoor!!!1"

DiscK

• Founder
  • Bigger on the Inside.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:35:02 pm »
Does the mining ship need to have an asteroid held in the main chamber there in order to balance when flying, or have you counterbalanced the crew section already?
It's space, it won't tip unless there is a large amount of gravity directly under it.
If it starts spinning or flying because of the mining weapon recoil , then use thrusters to re-align it.
"430rhgq3wr0g8hwroeihremaontweoittitsuoefaoinbrigroarg"
- Anonymous

theallmightybob

• Founder
  • Sleep is for the weak.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 07:40:46 pm »
i think that dracorotor is more asking if the center of gravity of the ship is lined up with the center of thrust with or without a full load. thats important  if you want to fly the ship in "real balance" mode . since if it isent, it will sart to spin. 
would you buy a toaster shaped like an f22 with an eject button on it? cause thats what i'm going for.

DiscK

• Founder
  • Bigger on the Inside.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 08:26:19 pm »
i think that dracorotor is more asking if the center of gravity of the ship is lined up with the center of thrust with or without a full load. thats important  if you want to fly the ship in "real balance" mode . since if it isent, it will sart to spin.
Who said un-controllable spinning is a bad thing.
There should be RCS thrusters to control your ship
- Anonymous

Vininator

• Founder
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 10:09:08 pm »
Right now its very unbalanced, but im planning on putting refinery and mining machines in the lower hull eventually. Its not designed to hold a whole meteorite. Rather, the large center section will be storage for refined materials. I will use drones for the actual mining.

Zerebo

• Super Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 01:04:30 pm »
Well it's a mining ship. I would think that the whole equipment will double at least the mass.
And there will always be options to get the ship balanced with extra systems.
Anyway ships just need to look good atm.

Vininator

• Founder
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 01:50:23 pm »
UPDATE:

Added more info about my ships and also updated the Minotaur BRD (minor changes.) No real need to get the new one if you already have the older version :)

Also added the Perseus (Jupiter) to my list of current projects.

DiscK

• Founder
  • Bigger on the Inside.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 04:35:31 pm »
I really hope there will be a code that detects the longest side to be the length , by definition.
- Anonymous

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 04:44:57 pm »
I really hope there will be a code that detects the longest side to be the length , by definition.

but then what if you want a flying wing? I think it should always be determined that length is the plane on which an engine (of the most engines, if more than one plane applies) and the control pad both fall

Anyways, I do like this newest ship. I'll wait for a finished hull and cockpit to get the file, though.

Vininator

• Founder
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 05:01:07 pm »

but then what if you want a flying wing? I think it should always be determined that length is the plane on which an engine (of the most engines, if more than one plane applies) and the control pad both fall

Anyways, I do like this newest ship. I'll wait for a finished hull and cockpit to get the file, though.

Which ship do you mean? I only have 1 ship file up, and that one is complete...

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 06:01:08 pm »
Hercules. For some reason I was thinking it had the file up too. ignore me, I was up all night and am a little blurry on details right now :/

theallmightybob

• Founder
  • Sleep is for the weak.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »
other then the current system of building, what made you deside to go with the  current look of the Hercules?
would you buy a toaster shaped like an f22 with an eject button on it? cause thats what i'm going for.

Vininator

• Founder
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:36 pm »
Hercules. For some reason I was thinking it had the file up too. ignore me, I was up all night and am a little blurry on details right now :/

lol you are forgiven :P The bridge is mostly done. I'm not really happy with it though. Seems to be a bit lacking  :-\ Maybe the angled blocks will improve the look.

other then the current system of building, what made you deside to go with the  current look of the Hercules?

Heavily inspired by the Jawa Sandcrawler from Star Wars :P And I though a ship with a big hollow design might be cool to build. The nice thing about it is that it can be modular. Take the mining gear out and add some armor and presto, light freighter :D

Vininator

• Founder
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 09:04:25 pm »
Today I decided to revise the design of the Herc a bit (read: 90% of it). I was unhappy with the bridge and general floor plan I had in my head so I decided to flip it sideways and make it wide, but flat. I ripped the bridge off and was just wondering what to do with the fact that it was now technically on it's side when I realized I had been building it on it's side the whole time. Talk about happy coincidence :)

So yea, now the Herc looks like this:
SEE MAIN FOR PIC!

In other news, Thanks to Vorgra I now have a design in mind for a 1.2km battleship. I butchered his original pic in paint :P but I'm sure he won't mind <3

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:08:54 pm by Vininator »