Author Topic: [HDN] - His Divine and Most Glorious Navy of the Empire of Mankind.  (Read 50040 times)

Colonel Jack

• Skipper
Re: [HDN] - His Divine and Most Glorious Navy of the Empire of Mankind.
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2013, 03:46:27 pm »
You are comparing an advanced lighting engine to a lighting engine in it's infancy.

You mean the advanced engine that was used by ONE guy who started a whole year AFTER Zanmgt?

As you know BR is switching to DirectX.

You mean they PROMISED they will switch and they PROMISED it will look better? Sorry, but we are nearing three years with only empty promises. "Liquid cubed engine"...."Physics"....."Atmospheres"....That were all the things I read 2011 when I bought Blockade Runner. Oh and of course "regularly updated".

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2013, 03:55:16 pm »
You are comparing an advanced lighting engine to a lighting engine in it's infancy.

You mean the advanced engine that was used by ONE guy who started a whole year AFTER Zanmgt?

Whoops, I was referring to the topic you posted, should have made that more clear.

RE: Promises

Eh, I can counter that with the word Patience. I fear that Starmade's Schema will start being pressured to bring out updates just as Notch got harassed on his blog for the next MC update. I don't want to see him rushing to get something out the door and then get flak for a broken update. That said, you might aswell drop Steam because Valve hasn't released that oh so long wanted HL3 yet.
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Leader of the S.D.I and CEO of 301st industries
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2013, 05:43:32 am »
Besides You already want to destroy me. Are you saying your going to go find a NEW person to destroy without finishing up here? I was also really looking forward to the trailers. I mean since we are the only ones at war we have much higher chances of appearing in trailers. So yeah free publicity for HDN and 301st. Besides shouldn't quit until your boss shows up. Or at least until you pm him of yours and the others leaving.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Nautilus81

• Spacer
« Reply #303 on: July 29, 2013, 08:48:54 am »
I mean since we are the only ones at war we have much higher chances of appearing in trailers. So yeah free publicity for HDN and 301st.

That's actually a pretty good point, Thadius. Some publicity would be nice, as well as seeing our massive warships go up against yours. That, and I've always wanted to be in trailers. :P

Don't worry though; I'll be staying as long as this faction remains open.
"Peace through superior cruiser design." -Unknown

Holy Thunder

• Founder
« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2013, 01:38:54 pm »
That's actually a pretty good point, Thadius. Some publicity would be nice, as well as seeing our massive warships go up against yours. That, and I've always wanted to be in trailers. :P

Don't worry though; I'll be staying as long as this faction remains open.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Umm...hang on....

Actually, believe I'll scratch that. I had the VirusCannon(tm) halfway loaded before I realized I don't really have anything against this faction.
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2013, 03:24:50 pm »
You might at some point. They are the (Bullies) of blockade runner. Aggressive, Xeno haters, run by by a guy who uses a batman smoking a cigar as his avatar. Speaking of KaptnKrunch where is he? Without him the forums are bland and his faction is falling apart. I make it a point to check by Blockade Runner Forums at least 3 times a week.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:35:11 pm by Thadius Faran »
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #306 on: July 29, 2013, 04:02:26 pm »
Eh. You seem to be the only one who's actually had an issue with them.

It's not like they are actually aggressively posting about declaring war on everyone or even been particularly heavy on the burn-kill-purging.

Heck this is one of the friendlier factions. At least they tell you you're gonna get killed before they kill you ^^
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2013, 04:43:40 pm »
That's because their boss is gone and because the game is incomplete.

Xavierman117

• Founder
  • That one guy, you know, that one.
« Reply #308 on: July 30, 2013, 02:15:10 am »
At least they tell you you're gonna get killed before they kill you ^^

What more can you ask for?
Some people don't even give you that courtesy.
WASHINGTOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!

But seriously, its kind of sad to see that this faction is falling Apart. Or Bits and pieces of people All over the forums. but To be fair, I can see where they are coming from (i'll save you that explanation which you've heard a million times before).

its just sad when any support for an indie Game starts dwindling. no matter how much.
Meh.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #309 on: July 30, 2013, 05:24:57 am »
Yeah I like bad odds now it's kinda even.

kaptnkrunch

• Founder
  • Full Violocity ahead. With all violence and speed.
« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2013, 05:07:35 pm »
What up you sons of mutha-fethers.
I've been in Africa again.

Has anything in blockade runner changed, or nothing still going on?

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2013, 05:21:18 pm »
The Galactic War Thread is in still running. :)
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2013, 06:05:21 pm »
Totally ignored this thread, thought it was mostly in-character banter.

Eh, I can counter that with the word Patience. I fear that Starmade's Schema will start being pressured to bring out updates just as Notch got harassed on his blog for the next MC update. I don't want to see him rushing to get something out the door and then get flak for a broken update. That said, you might aswell drop Steam because Valve hasn't released that oh so long wanted HL3 yet.

I'm a tad less nervous about SM than MC for a few reasons, but the big one being that Schema is pretty forward about what the updates do/didn't do and why, and he isn't afraid to break stuff. I think he's outright said that the current plethera of cash available is mostly so that the engine can be tested by players building ridiculously large stuff; he's got all the framework in place for much of what players are asking for (different balance, speed settings, different/assorted weapons). Updates also come out basically every week.

Anyone who wants in on the GW stuff is welcome, I keep that going here rather than elsewhere because I like this community, the forum supports it well, and it is tolerated by the higher ups here (where it wouldn't be in some forums I frequent).
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Holy Thunder

• Founder
« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2013, 07:04:04 am »
Yeah the HDN could use a presence there.  And it is rare to see a (semi) healthy RP going on anywhere...I'll have friends on soon to get in on that, who may not even like the game.
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

Nautilus81

• Spacer
« Reply #314 on: June 09, 2014, 04:21:10 pm »
Nearly a year since the last reply here...

I know almost nothing has changed release-wise, but I was hoping for some more roleplay.

Emperor damnit, brothers, what happened to us?
"Peace through superior cruiser design." -Unknown