Author Topic: [HDN] - His Divine and Most Glorious Navy of the Empire of Mankind.  (Read 45743 times)

kaptnkrunch

• Founder
  • Full Violocity ahead. With all violence and speed.
Re: His Divine Imperial Majesty Requires You To Do Your Duty
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 06:59:05 am »
Excellent work on the title. Definitely got the hang of it : P

The logic behind the empire of mankind is that it seeks to unite mankind to face the threats of a dark universe.

Thus:
Other human factions are only to be attacked if, after contact, they choose not to join the empire. In which case they may be attacked with extreme prejudice.

Xenos are to be attacked on sight. No negotiation.

So yes, basically you're free to attack anyone you want, anytime you want provided it's not a human vassal of the empire. The aim of joining the faction is that the rest of the faction will support any member on any crusade against heretics or xenos.

In terms of dirty deeds:
There are no dirty deeds if it is for the advancement of mankind. So yes you've got a licence to screw over other factions as much as you like.

I'm aiming for this faction to be armed to the teeth, ultra belligerent, but loyal to its members.

Xavierman117

• Founder
  • That one guy, you know, that one.
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 10:35:34 pm »
I'll Get Wolf Squad to form in then :) .
also, if i may use my evochron mercenary clan as an example again, does this fleet of mankind have to be limited to one server?
can my title ( but not my ships if you agree with the whole non-conservation of ships across servers thing) follow me so i can be, say, the head ( or high ranking officer) of the Australian division?
in EM, my clan has presences across many, MANY servers ( arguably the biggest and best), and we often do our own things, with each mercenary essentially doing what they want. mind you, there are people whose word is respected, but that's neither here, nor there.
i like this idea, as i loved the w40K games a lot, and i love the inspiration you have taken from it, without overtly ripping it off.
two more questions, more to help develop the ideas than anything else.
1) can i, as the extremely long title i mentioned before, build a ship that is not ugly, but effective? but rather just effective? i have an idea that i want to do when ZANMGT releases the editor; i wanna make a ship which is just a bunch of elongated spheres put together, it would be unique, and as such, the exact location of its vital systems would not easily be uncovered.
2)whats the command structure? if i join now, do i get a good position? what will tell lowly players to do what i say? what happens if they disobey me?

i love this a lot. and i formally request to be, in addition to my title, the head of the Australian server division.

EDIT: i just remembered, maybe the "emperor" could just be the spirit of mankind's purity and superiority. not a physical being, but an idea.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:37:41 pm by Xavierman117 »
Meh.

Zerebo

• Super Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 08:08:15 am »
Do you also plan to organize battles/teams?
So members form crews and fight against each other on battle server?
If the answer is yes then I'm (still) interested to join and probably would make the MoD stuff into a faction on my adventure server.

If you are not interested in some organized PvP battles, how about forming an alliance with MoD?
MoD could organize battles for members of both groups.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:12:31 am by Zerebo »

kaptnkrunch

• Founder
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 07:01:35 pm »
I'll Get Wolf Squad to form in then :) .
also, if i may use my evochron mercenary clan as an example again, does this fleet of mankind have to be limited to one server?
can my title ( but not my ships if you agree with the whole non-conservation of ships across servers thing) follow me so i can be, say, the head ( or high ranking officer) of the Australian division?
in EM, my clan has presences across many, MANY servers ( arguably the biggest and best), and we often do our own things, with each mercenary essentially doing what they want. mind you, there are people whose word is respected, but that's neither here, nor there.
i like this idea, as i loved the w40K games a lot, and i love the inspiration you have taken from it, without overtly ripping it off.
two more questions, more to help develop the ideas than anything else.
1) can i, as the extremely long title i mentioned before, build a ship that is not ugly, but effective? but rather just effective? i have an idea that i want to do when ZANMGT releases the editor; i wanna make a ship which is just a bunch of elongated spheres put together, it would be unique, and as such, the exact location of its vital systems would not easily be uncovered.
2)whats the command structure? if i join now, do i get a good position? what will tell lowly players to do what i say? what happens if they disobey me?

i love this a lot. and i formally request to be, in addition to my title, the head of the Australian server division.

EDIT: i just remembered, maybe the "emperor" could just be the spirit of mankind's purity and superiority. not a physical being, but an idea.

You can build whatever sort of ship you want. And you can have command of the His Define and Majestic Sector Antipodean Fleet.

The main premise behind the faction is to set up a cohesive group which can share ship designs and support each other in battles. And also to add some awesome-sauce fluff to stuff. I guess whoever's been around the longest and has awarded them selves the longest and best titles can decide the command structure. I'm almost more going for a framework where ship designs (and based on the crew-thread) and AI code can be shared.

Within in that there may be different fleets for different servers which work together closely and share resources.

Do you also plan to organize battles/teams?
So members form crews and fight against each other on battle server?
If the answer is yes then I'm (still) interested to join and probably would make the MoD stuff into a faction on my adventure server.

If you are not interested in some organized PvP battles, how about forming an alliance with MoD?
MoD could organize battles for members of both group

Yep, for sure. Definitely keen on organizing battles. MoD is more than welcome to fall under the empire's umbrella. The Empire seeks to embrace all mankind, it's not so fussed as to what they get up to as long as they accept the Empire and attack most of the aliens encountered. (Thus MoD is perfectly able to do it's mercenary stuff and dodgy practices under the umbrella of the Empire).

I guess under the framework idea I should layout that:

Technology developed by the Empire will be divided into tiers with allies able to access technology up to a certain tier depending on how trustworthy they are thought to be. (Shamelessly stolen idea from MoD)

kaptnkrunch

• Founder
Re: [HDN] - His Divine Imperial Majesty Requires You To Do Your Duty- JOIN
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 03:02:21 pm »
All.

Thought I'd raise the profile of HDN again.

Do you really want to be part of an organization called Fish?

We're now recruiting as the game has stepped up again.
What do you get as part of HDN?

-Full-on fleet engagements and battles.
-Access to the latest and most potent hardware
-No worries about collateral damage
-If you love 40k you'll love our ethos and designs
-Access to the best names, titles, and hats.

ALSO:
Things I'd like to organize:
-Spacehulks and rampages in Terminator style armour
-Running Naval Campaigns

JOIN HIS DIVINE NAVY FOR EVERLASTING GLORY!
Spoiler

If you're even remotely into 40k, this is the Navy for you.

Fyi:
Ship designs will be forthcoming from myself personally after I've finished with my exams.

blazingsentinal

• Founder
  • Capt. Recin "Blaze" Aeron of the IUN
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 03:05:08 pm »
Do you really want to be part of an organization called Fish?

-Access to the latest and most potent hardware

1. it's F.I.S.H. (   Federation of Intergalactic Suppliers and Haulers)

2. we sell " the latest and most potent hardware".
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:10:09 pm by blazingsentinal »

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 03:45:01 pm »
2. we sell " the latest and most potent hardware".
Or so you claim.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Vininator

• Founder
  • Owner of Galactic Munitions Inc... and a cool guy.
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 04:06:55 pm »
How about we BOTH sell the latest and greatest hardware, but we have more money because we're not actively engaging in war, so we can sell it cheaper and more effectively ;)

kaptnkrunch

• Founder
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 04:18:30 pm »
The Divine Navy is willing to tender for contracts to all parties.

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 08:42:41 am »
well were not dealing with aliens, so we're friends :)
Meh.

Vininator

• Founder
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 08:46:54 am »

Since when are we not dealing with aliens?  :o

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 08:53:27 am »

Since when are we not dealing with aliens?  :o
AT THE MOMENT. no doubt when aliens get implemented that'll be an untapped market, and we'll want to exploit it. so we must ask ourselves would we rather be pro alien and risk a possibly powerful force hating us.
so, pick now.
Meh.

Vininator

• Founder
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 08:59:23 am »
AT THE MOMENT. no doubt when aliens get implemented that'll be an untapped market, and we'll want to exploit it. so we must ask ourselves would we rather be pro alien and risk a possibly powerful force hating us.
so, pick now.

I say we cross that bridge when we come to it :) Let's leave our options open.

blazingsentinal

• Founder
  • Capt. Recin "Blaze" Aeron of the IUN
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 11:04:21 am »
so, pick now.

I say we cross that bridge when we come to it :) Let's leave our options open.
lets also keep this in our thread instead of clogging up theirs.

Titanrex

• Founder
  • Commander of the 'Revenant' forces
    • videos of things
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 07:12:45 am »
It'll be intresting to see how 40k based ships face upto to UINF ships... iam planning to base mine around homeworld taiidani forces... should be an intresting fight.. since it seems it'll end that way with your current hostility to F.I.S.H ^^

'In High Explosives We Trust'
'Peace Through Superior Fire-Power'
'We have come to burn your world and urinate in your water supplies'

May the void hide you brothers, for in the end times strength alone wont save you.