Author Topic: [Forum Game] Space Battles!  (Read 6554 times)

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
[Forum Game] Space Battles!
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:58:23 am »
So, after a discussion found here:

I came up with what I thought might be an interesting experiment, if not a fun game, for us to play while waiting to *actually* blow each other to digital smithereens. Here's how it works:

* Each player starts by posting a design for a ship, following the Ship Design outline below.
* Each player then chooses an Action, based on the Rules of Engagement below.
* Each player resolves the Actions according to the Rules of Engagement until their ship is destroyed.
* Each player may then build a new ship, if they so choose, and repeat the process.

Rules of Engagement
All players must adhere strictly to these Rules of Engagement. Failure to do so will result in an unpleasant tossing out of the nearest airlock.
  • Each player may only have 1 ship in operation at any one time
  • Each player must make a post explaining their initial Ship Design and Actions
  • According to the Actions taken by the player and against the player, each player must resolve the condition of his/her own ship
  • Non-players may post between Action posts, saying some exclamation like "Hit!" or "Fire!" or "Go!." The purpose of these otherwise-pointless posts is to determine who did what to whom - It'll be explained more in the Actions section. Please do not double-post while doing this, and, if someone beats you to the punch, don't post or edit your post out.
  • No player or non-player shall Double-Post!

Actions
All players may take as many Actions as their Ship Design allows - firing weapons, running away, boarding; all covered here.
  • Engage: In order to be able to preform any Action, you must first engage an opponent.  Doing so will put them in your "Target:" area of your action comments. You do so by following the action example below - but it'll look something like: [your ship name] is Engaging [player name]'s [their ship name]. Once engaged, they may also take shots at you. You may be engaged with any number of ships at once.
  • Attack: Really the whole point of this operation. Attacking fires your weapons at an engaged opponent. You may attack with as many or as few weapons as your Ship Design and current status allow. You may split your attack, as long as you are attacking in whole-units (if you've only got 1 gun, you can't fire half at me and half at Rainman, for example). Attacks are resolved using the 10's column on the seconds of the next person to post (why non-players can post gibberish like "Hit!" and "Fire!"). The exact way will be explained in the Ship Design section, but if the next post happens at 5:03:57, you just hit a "5". Quote them please. And remember, you are not allowed to double-post. Also remember; you can't attack and board at the same time. When you attack, damage is done first to active shields, and then applied as the target sees fit within the damaged section. If there is damage left over, it hits section X. If section X is destroyed, it hits other sections until there's nothing left.
  • Accelerate: This gives YOU the advantage. You use your ship's engines (if it still has any that work) to raise your Delta V (DV). 1 engine activated = +1 DV. Ships with higher DV always go first (If I attack you, my damage happens first; and so if it happens that all your weapons are destroyed, your attack might just have failed). You use the last-current DV for determining this; you can't Accelerate during your turn and raise your DV above a player you're attacking. Your next turn (if you live that long), your DV will be raised (supposing you didn't loose those thrusters you were using) and you will go first. If there's a tie, the player with the ship on the board first goes first
  • Boarding: EDIT: Can't board someone who has shields up. That wouldn't make sense anyway. /edit.Similar to attacking, but less effective. You can board a ship if you have greater Delta V (DV) - which is gained by accelerating as described above. Boarding is resolved by allowing the boardee to finish their round (if they are attacking you, they basically get a free shot - you can't shoot and board at the same time!), then killing off crew members. Crew are killed 1 for 1; you loose 1, they loose 1, until everyone is dead (or someone is alive; they're the "winner"). For example, Sally's Star Frigate boards Bob's Bristling Cruiser - sally has 50 crew left and bob has 37. Sally will win with 13 crew remaining. If you win a boarding action, you can take over the looser's ship or keep your own, but not both. Re-name the ship if you capture it.
  • Disengage: (retreat) You may only disengage if you have the higher Delta V (DV). If you do, you may only disengage from up to 3 engagements at a time (really, what were you thinking?). You cannot preform any other actions while disengaging to the players from which you are disengaging, but they can't do anything to you either. Next turn they may re-engage you, however.
  • Raming!: You fool! You may ram an opposing ship if you have a DV of 10 or more greater than theirs. Ramming will destroy the hit area as a normal attack would, but using your ship as the weapons fire. Shields are dropped 1 for 1, armor does 4 damage (2 for each hp of the armor); and if his shields are up before the ram, the ramer's reactors exploding do damage to both ships while the ram-ee's do damage to their ship only. For every additional DV over 10, the rammer may apply an additional damage point to the ramee.
Ship Design
Ahh, the good stuff. This is how you design, and operate, your ship.

Firstly, your ship is composed of modules. Each module represents an equal segment of ship; and unless otherwise stated, they all take one shot from a weapon to destroy. Before you start reading about the modules, you should know that your ship is composed of 7 sections - 0-5 and 'X'. Each section corresponds to a number on the clock we'd discussed earlier (05:15:37), except (obviously) 'X'. All the other sections only get damaged based on what time it is - 'X' gets damaged based on other reactions (a reactor going off - ooops), or when there's nothing left to hit in a section. If I've fired 20 weapons at you, and your ship has 3 modules in section 2, where I hit, then 17 damage is getting applied to section 'X'. This means 'X' is the strongest section - you can only hit it by eradicating other sections.

Modules have requirements - some require Crew, some Power, some both. Crew can be provided from Crew Quarters and Computers, and power from Reactors. Crew will die if they were assigned to activate something and it can be proven that that something got blown off (you activated 10 weapons, and had 15. 7 got blown off - you lost 2 crew members). Crew will also die if the Crew Quarter they were in is blown up (You activated your 10 weapons, 7 of 15 got blown up; but you also had 2-10 man crew pods that got blown up. You lost 12 crew; 10 that were unused in the crew pod and 2 from the weapons). Power is lost if it gets blown off too, but you've got to actually loose the reactor for that to happen. Computers work differently - they provide crew at the cost of power, and their crew can't be killed off (unless the computer itself is destroyed). However, computer crew is counted differently (CPU instead of Crew) and doesn't help in boarding actions.

I'm not sure I put this anywhere else (again, it was late and I was tired), but you can only have 100 modules total in any ship.

You should also know that you can put anything anywhere and expect it to work just fine. i.e.: Shields in section X can protect all the other sections; weapons don't need to be exposed, hull only protects when it's hit, etc.

• Hull: The armor of your ship. Each module absorbs 2 damage instead of 1.
  • Weapons: The things you use to break other people's armor. Each does 1 damage, but requires 1 crew to man it and 1 energy to be available to power it.
  • Crew Quarters: Each one provides 10 crewmembers, ready to be slaughtered guided to victory!
  • Reactors: Each reactor provides 10 energy. If it goes up though, it'll do 5 damage to your own ship (even adjacent sections!). Reactors use -10 energy and 5 crewmen.
  • Shields: Shields are what stand between you and the void. Each one can block 1 incoming damage (without being destroyed), and can recharge. Requires 1 energy to be up, and 3 to go back up (but only that turn; after it's back up it's 1 again). Shields go up and down across the entire ship, otherwise, you choose where to apply damage.
  • Thrusters: Thrusters add to your all-important Delta V (DV). Activate them to add to your current DV. Uses 3 energy and 2 crew on activation.
  • Computer: Computers are slowly replacing your men as expendable. Just don't let them find out... Each computer provides 15 crew, but costs 5 energy to operate. They can be shut down if you can stand loosing the crew (might get tricky if you're using the computer to operate the reactor though...)

Now for my ship design:
Please copy this format EXACTLY (well, change the variables to describe YOUR ship) when designing your ships. It'll make it easier for all of us.
Code: [Select]
Ship Name: Imperious Crusher
Ship Description: [if desired, can be anything]
Ship Breakdown:
Section 0: Nothing! [forgot this one when I set it up - it was late, and I was tired]
Section 1:6 Hull, 4 Shields, 1 Reactor
Section 2:6 Hull, 6 Weapons, 1 CPU, 1 Reactor
Section 3:6 Hull, 3 Thrusters, 1 Crew, 1 Reactor
Section 4:6 Hull, 6 Weapons, 1 Crew
Section 5:6 Hull, 4 Shields, 1 Crew, 1 Reactor
Section X:10 Hull, 12 Shields, 8 Weapons, 4 Thrusters, 3 Reactors, 2 CPU,

Hull Total: 40
Weapons Total:20
Shields Total:20
Crew Quarters Total:3
Computers Total:3
Reactors Total:7
Thrusters Total:7

Ship Status [active/available]:
Hull: 80/80
Weapons: 0/20
Shields: 20/20
Crew: 30/30
CPU: 45/45
Power: 70/70
Thrusters: 0/7
DV: 0

And for my first move:
Again, copy this, but not as exactly as the above. You can change the actions if they suit you better. You can bring a ship into combat combat-ready; that is, with shields up; but remember to add up all your power costs. Other players can correct your calculations if they're wrong, and if they do, they get to do 1 damage based on THEIR post-time.
*ACTION*
Target: [None]

Run 7 Reactors (35 crew req'd)
Run 3 Computers (15 power req'd)
Run 20 Shields (20 power req'd)
Engage 7 thrusters (14 crew req'd; 21 power req'd)

Expected outcome:
Power initially available to 70
45 CPU online
Shields to 20
DV to 7

Ship Status:
Crew: 4/30
Power: 34/70
Thrusters: 7/7
*END ACTION*

Edit: Take your actions in a reasonable amount of time, please. We'll try to wait until all active vessels have taken their next action, but if you take more than a few days, the game may move on without you (and leave you to die in a flaming burst of glory). If anyone notices that all active ships have taken their actions, feel  free to try to resolve the battles that occur. Each player is responsible for his/her own ship's status unless it's been attacked; then the attacking player should at least let them know how much damage they took and how much got through the shields.

So, the question is, WHO WANTS A PIECE OF THIS?

Disclaimer/Notes:
Spoiler
So, you see an error in my post? Don't like/want the idea? Want to add to my list of ship-building options? PM me, don't make a mess of this thread. If anyone likes all this, we can make a discussion thread or something, but for now, don't post anything - unless it's a ship and it's about to blow mine up. If you're an admin and I'm breaking a rule, PM me and copy this whole beastie to me so I have it somewhere; thanks.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 04:04:58 pm by Me2005 »
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Blah64

• Founder
Re: [Forum Game] Space Battles!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 03:44:35 am »
Ship Name: Nerf Bat
Ship Description:
Ship Breakdown:
Section 1:3 Hull, 3 Weapons, 4 Shields, 1 Reactor, 1 Crew
Section 2:3 Hull, 6 Weapons, 1 CPU, 1 Reactor, 1 Crew
Section 3:3 Hull, 3 Weapons, 2 Thrusters, 1 Crew, 2 Reactor
Section 4:3 Hull, 6 Weapons, 1 Crew, 3 Thrusters
Section 5:3 Hull, 3 Weapons, 4 Shields, 1 Crew, 1 Reactor
Section X:5 Hull, 12 Shields, 12 Weapons, 7 Thrusters, 3 Reactors, 2 CPU,

Hull Total: 20
Weapons Total:33
Crew Quarters Total:4
Reactors Total:8
Thrusters Total:12

Hull: 40/40
Weapons: 0/33
Shields: 0/20
Crew: 40/40
Power:80/80
Thrusters: 0/12

*ACTION*

Run 6 Reactors (30 crew req'd)
Run 1 Computer (5 power req'd)
Engage 11 thrusters (24 crew req'd; 33 power req'd)

Expected outcome:
Power initially available to 60
15 CPU online
Shields to 20
DV to 11

Ship Status:
Crew: 1/40
CPU: 30/45
Power: 11/70
Thrusters: 11/12
*END ACTION*

(I have no idea what I'm doing   :D)

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 12:43:35 pm »
*ACTION*
Target: Nerf Bat

Engage Blah64's "Nerf Bat"
Fire 20 weapons @ Nerf Bat (20 Crew, 20 power req'd)

Expected outcome:
45 CPU online
Shields to 20
DV to 14
20 Damage to the "Nerf Bat"

Ship Status:
Weapons: 20/20
Crew: 24/30
Power: 14/70
*END ACTION*

(I have no idea what I'm doing   :D)

Neither do I! But it'll probably be awesome!  ;D

I currently have more DV than you (7/0) so my damage will apply first, but if you fire your thrusters a few turns(14/12, 21/24), you'll quickly over power me. Supposing you don't loose all those fancy engines in this first volley ;D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:56:59 pm by Me2005 »
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »
GOULASH ATTACKS!

(but where does it hit :P)
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 02:51:53 pm »
GOULASH ATTACKS!

(but where does it hit :P)

Attack Resolved! 20 damage to the Nerf Bat's 1st section. 20 Shields are active; so no damage is done and shields are down on the Nerf Bat. (I noticed I needed to clarify how damage is done - shields go down if they're up; then blah deals it out damage to the affected section as he sees fit. If it splashes over, it splashes into section X).

Ship Description:
Ship Breakdown:
Section 4:3 Hull, 6 Weapons, 1 Crew, 3 Thrusters
Section X:5 Hull, 12 Shields, 12 Weapons, 7 Thrusters, 3 Reactors, 2 CPU,

Hull Total: 20
Weapons Total:33
Crew Quarters Total:4

Shields: 0/20 [will cost 60 power to bring back to full strength]
Crew: 1/40
Power:34/80

For my next move:
*ACTION*
Target: Nerf Bat

Fire 20 weapons @ Nerf Bat (20 Crew, 20 power req'd)

Expected outcome:
45 CPU online
Shields to 20
DV to 21
20 Damage to the "Nerf Bat"

Ship Status:
Crew: 24/30
Power: 14/70
DV: 14
*END ACTION*

Blah64 Must post his next action edit: by the end of the weekend /edit before this attack is resolved, but someone can still flag an attack time for both of us (1 flag will set up both targeted locations). Also, Blah, note that I added a "DV" section to your ship-chart, so we know who has what as far as that goes.

Niwantaw, you should make up a ship and join in. I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON! ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:53:50 pm by Me2005 »

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

VengantMjolnir

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 01:58:45 pm »
Let the attack commence! ( I just want to see who hit where... )

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 02:10:03 pm »
Let the attack commence! ( I just want to see who hit where... )

Still waiting on Blah64's move, but it'll hit section 4, whatever it is... :D

Gave up on that since so many others are waiting also; I've resolved the actions and dealt the damage.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:52:21 pm by Me2005 »

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

VengantMjolnir

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 02:21:34 pm »
Well, I'm going to wade in during the wait... lets see how this does

My Ship
Ship Name: Wandering Invader
Ship Description: A strange cork-screw shaped ship with blood red highlights
Ship Breakdown:
Section 0:5 Hull, 3 Weapons, 1 Reactor, 1 Crew, 1 Thrusters
Section 1:5 Hull, 3 Weapons, 1 Reactor, 1 Crew, 1 Thrusters
Section 2:5 Hull, 3 Weapons, 1 Reactor, 1 Crew, 1 Thrusters
Section 3:5 Hull, 3 Weapons, 1 Reactor, 1 Crew, 1 Thrusters
Section 4:5 Hull, 3 Weapons, 1 Reactor, 1 Crew, 1 Thrusters
Section 5:5 Hull, 3 Weapons, 1 Reactor, 1 Crew, 1 Thrusters
Section X:25 Shields, 2 Weapons, 4 Thrusters, 1 Reactors, 2 CPU,

Hull Total:30
Shields Total:25
Crew Quarters Total:6
Computers Total:2
Thrusters Total:10

Total Modules:100

Hull: 60/60
Shields: 25/25
Crew: 60/60
CPU: 30/30
Thrusters: 0/10

And my move
*ACTION*
Ship Name: Wandering Invader
Target: Imperious Crusher

Engage Me2005 "Imperious Crusher"
Run 2 Computers (10 power req'd)
Run 25 Shields (25 power req'd)
Engage 5 thrusters (10 crew req'd; 15 power req'd)
Fire 20 weapons @ Imperious Crusher (20 Crew, 20 power req'd)

Expected outcome:
Power initially available to 70, 70 used
30 CPU online, 30 CPU used
35 Crew assigned
Shields to 25
DV to 5
20 Damage to the "Imperious Crusher"

Hull: 60/60
Shields: 25/25
Crew: 35/60
CPU: 30/30
Thrusters: 5/10
DV: 5
*END ACTION*

Kane Loki

• Founder
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 03:14:54 pm »
Ship Name: Cheese in a Basket
Ship Description: This is going to fail horribly.
Ship Breakdown:
Section 0: 5 Hull
Section 1: 5 Hull
Section 2: 5 Hull
Section 3: 5 Hull
Section 4: 5 Hull
Section 5: 5 Hull
Section X: 5 Hull, 30 Shields, 10 Crew, 12 Thrusters, 9 Reactors, 4 CPU

Hull Total: 35
Weapons Total:0
Shields Total:30
Crew Quarters Total:10
Computers Total:4
Reactors Total:9

Ship Status:
Hull: 70/70
Weapons: 0/0
Shields: 0/0
Crew: 100/100
CPU: 0/0
Power: 0/0
Thrusters: 0/0

*ACTION*

Engage Me2005' Imperious Crusher
Run 9 Reactors (45 crew req'd)
Run 30 Shields (30 power req'd)
Engage 12 thrusters (24 crew req'd; 36 power req'd)

Expected outcome:
Power initially available to 90
Shields to 30
DV to 12

Ship Status:
Shields: 30/30
Crew: 31/100
Power: 24/90
Thrusters: 12/12
DV: 12
Engaged: Imperious Crusher
*END ACTION*

Joining the fray.
I'm gonna get slaughtered.
Telekinesis - the art of taking something that shouldn't move, and respectfully disagreeing with its questionable life choices.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 05:09:36 pm »

Ship Name: Icy Eari
Ship Description: I c your experiment and raise it!
Ship Breakdown:
Section 0: 1 Hull
Section 1: 1 Hull
Section 2: 6 Hull, 35 Shields, 12 Crew, 15 Thrusters, 16 Reactors, 10 Weapons
Section 3: 1 Hull
Section 4: 1 Hull
Section 5: 1 Hull
Section X: 1 Hull,

Hull Total: 12
Weapons Total:10
Shields Total:35
Crew Quarters Total: 12
Computers Total:0
Reactors Total:16
Thrusters Total:15

Ship Status:
Hull: 24/24
Weapons: 0/10
Shields: 0/35
Crew: 120/120
Power: 0/160
Thrusters: 0/15

*ACTION*

Engage Me2005' Imperious Crusher
Run 16 Reactors (80 crew req'd)
Run 35 Shields (105 power req'd)
Engage 15 thrusters (30 crew req'd; 45 power req'd)

Expected outcome:
Power initially available to 160
Shields to 35
DV to 15

Ship Status:
Shields: 35/35
Crew: 10/160
Power: 10/160
Thrusters: 15/15
DV: 15
*END ACTION*

My insane experiment begins!
(I think this works out right...)
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
     Put together.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 11:49:54 am »
 :o

Well, I'm not even going to have a chance at returning fire here...

Still waiting for Blah, but if he doesn't post in a few hours I'll resolve the current round of unresolved actions.

Edit: Resolving actions...

Imperious Crusher v. Nerf Bat

Result: 20 additional damage to Nerf Bat's 4th section. Shields are already down, so the entire section is destroyed! Additionally, 2 hull blocks from section X are destroyed! Nerf Bat's current condition:
Ship Description:
Ship Breakdown:
(Section 0: Nothing!)
Section 4:0/3 Hull, 0/6 Weapons, 0/1 Crew, 0/3 Thrusters
Section X:3/5 Hull, 12 Shields, 12 Weapons, 7 Thrusters, 3 Reactors, 2 CPU,

Hull Total: 15/20
Weapons Total:27/33
Crew Quarters Total:3/4
Thrusters Total:9/12

Hull: 30/40
Shields: 0/20 [will cost 60 power to bring back to full strength]
Crew: 1/31 (9 unused crew KIA!)
Power:34/80

Wandering Invader, Cheese in a Basket, and Icy Eari v. Imperious Crusher

Result: Wow, I thought you had all fired on me. In that case, I'm not in such a bad spot. 20 damage to me, section 4. My DV is now up to 21 so unless yours is higher before this post, I'll still have the first move.

Ship Description:
Ship Breakdown:
Section 0: Nothing! [forgot this one when I set it up - it was late, and I was tired]
Section 1:6 Hull, 4 Shields, 1 Reactor
Section 2:6 Hull, 6 Weapons, 1 CPU, 1 Reactor
Section 3:6 Hull, 3 Thrusters, 1 Crew, 1 Reactor
Section 4:6 Hull, 6 Weapons, 1 Crew
Section 5:6 Hull, 4 Shields, 1 Crew, 1 Reactor
Section X:10 Hull, 12 Shields, 8 Weapons, 4 Thrusters, 3 Reactors, 2 CPU,

Hull Total: 40
Crew Quarters Total:3
Thrusters Total:7

Current Status: [active/available]
Shields: 0/20 (will require 60 energy to raise)
Crew: 0/30
CPU: 35/45
Power: 56/70
DV: 21

My new action:
*ACTION*
Targets: Nerf Bat, Wandering Invader, Cheese in a Basket, and Icy Eari

Engage Wandering Invader, Cheese in a Basket, and Icy Eari
Shutdown 2 Computers (-10 power req'd)
Restore 20 Shields (60 power req'd)
Shutdown 7 thrusters (-14 crew req'd; -21 power req'd)
Fire 5 weapons @ Icy Eari (5 Crew, 5 power req'd)

Expected outcome:
15 CPU online
Shields back to 20
5 Damage to the "Icy Eari"

Ship Status:
Weapons: 5/20
Crew: 25/30
CPU: 15/45
Power: 65/70
DV: 21
*END ACTION*

Awaiting actions from Nerf Bat, Wandering Invader, Cheese in a Basket, and Icy Eari. Any newcomers to the battle may come and post actions that will be resolved with the rest of them.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:00:12 pm by Me2005 »

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Zero_X4

• Founder
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 07:42:30 pm »
I'd play this, but it seems extremely complex for a simple forum space battle.

Oh, and if anyone needs a bang, here is one.
I was running towards Engineering when suddenly a massive shudder went through the ship, and the Grav plating went offline as the lights shut down. The ship suddenly ripped in half, sucking me into the vacuum of space.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 07:56:43 pm »
I'd play this, but it seems extremely complex for a simple forum space battle.

Oh, and if anyone needs a bang, here is one.

pfftt... Complexity. I laugh in the face of complexity - Ha!

But seriously, the math involved is really straight-forward (20 weapons require 20 crew and power and do 20 damage; hull can take 2 damage each; etc.). The complex part is the number of variables, and keeping track of who is doing what to whom.

As a side note: if you guys all manage to get my shields down again, you can board me at that point. You'll probably have greater DV. I know that's what you're planning; I see your ship with NO ARMAMENT.

Oh right; 3! 3 Is the hit section!

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Kane Loki

• Founder
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 11:26:06 pm »
Ship Description: This is going to fail horribly.
Ship Breakdown:
Section 0: 5 Hull
Section 1: 5 Hull
Section 2: 5 Hull
Section 3: 5 Hull
Section 4: 5 Hull
Section 5: 5 Hull
Section X: 5 Hull, 30 Shields, 10 Crew, 12 Thrusters, 9 Reactors, 4 CPU

Hull Total: 35
Weapons Total:0
Shields Total:30
Crew Quarters Total:10
Computers Total:4
Reactors Total:9

Ship Status:
Crew: 100/100
DV: 12

*ACTION*
Target: Imperial Crusher

Maintain 9 Reactors (45 crew req'd)
Maintain 30 Shields (30 power req'd)
Engage 12 thrusters (24 crew req'd; 36 power req'd)

Expected outcome:
DV to 24

Ship Status:
Crew: 31/100
DV: 24
*END ACTION*

I didn't see anything about needing shields disabled to board.  Ah, well.  Niwantaw did my idea better, anyway.

May I suggest a scuttle action?  Maybe make it require a couple turns so that people can't use it to prevent capture.  But I'm thinking I should just blow meself up and make a new ship...

EDIT:  I see what you did there.  Cheater. :P  I was going to suggest something like that, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:28:29 pm by Kane Loki »
Telekinesis - the art of taking something that shouldn't move, and respectfully disagreeing with its questionable life choices.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 08:03:31 am »
Ship Description: I c your experiment and raise it!
Ship Breakdown:
Section 0: 1 Hull
Section 1: 1 Hull
Section 2: 6 Hull, 35 Shields, 12 Crew, 15 Thrusters, 16 Reactors, 10 Weapons
Section 3: 1 Hull
Section 4: 1 Hull
Section 5: 1 Hull
Section X: 1 Hull,

Hull Total: 12
Weapons Total:10
Shields Total:35
Crew Quarters Total: 12
Computers Total:0
Reactors Total:16
Thrusters Total:15

Ship Status:
Hull: 24/24
Shields: 0/35
Crew: 10/120
Power: 10/160
Thrusters: 0/15

*ACTION*
Target: Me2005's Imperious Crusher

Run 16 Reactors (80 crew req'd)
maintain 35 Shields (35 power req'd)
Engage 15 thrusters (30 crew req'd; 45 power req'd)
Fire 10 weapons @ Imperious Crusher

Expected outcome:
Power initially available to 160
Shields maintained at 35
DV to 30
10 damage to the Imperious Crusher

Ship Status:
Shields: 35/35
Crew: 0/160
Power: 70/160
Thrusters: 15/15
DV: 30
*END ACTION*

Put together.