Zero_X4

• Founder
Query
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:58:50 pm »
Has anyone tried to build any of these ships? I'd like to know
-Pillar of Autumn from Halo
-Destiny from SGU
-Venture Star from James Cameron's AVATAR

(Also, any good ships I should check out?)
((Second post on the forums))
(((What is this Selfless Heart I've seen mentioned?)))
I was running towards Engineering when suddenly a massive shudder went through the ship, and the Grav plating went offline as the lights shut down. The ship suddenly ripped in half, sucking me into the vacuum of space.

The Wolf

• Founder
  • Confucius say when crap hits fan wear raincoat
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Query
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:05:41 pm »
There are a few Halo inspired ships posted on the forum, but I don't think anyone's made an exact replica of the Pillar of Autumn or the other ships you mentioned.

As for ships to check out the user creations section is packed full of good ones.

The Selfless Heart is one of the biggest ships posted in the forum its freakin massive (1.4 km tall I think)

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 12:02:51 am »
I have tryed destiny, However (I draw the lines ins paint to get good curves and such) I just can't get the look right no matter how hard i try
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 01:03:19 pm »
The Selfless Heart is one of the biggest ships posted in the forum its freakin massive (1.4 km tall I think)
1.2something :/

As for the ships you mentioned the Venture star would be interesting, dunno about the destiny but the kindest thing I've ever heard about the PoA is that's it's a flying brick :/
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Zero_X4

• Founder
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 02:23:56 pm »
1.2something :/

As for the ships you mentioned the Venture star would be interesting, dunno about the destiny but the kindest thing I've ever heard about the PoA is that's it's a flying brick :/

Tried to DL selfless heart, crashed BR.
The POA would be an interesting ship to make, at least.
I was running towards Engineering when suddenly a massive shudder went through the ship, and the Grav plating went offline as the lights shut down. The ship suddenly ripped in half, sucking me into the vacuum of space.

The Wolf

• Founder
  • Confucius say when crap hits fan wear raincoat
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 03:04:17 pm »
I tried doing something like the POA before starting my current ship. Not sure why but I just couldn't get it to look right, I might try to do it again when we have some more features in the game. I would really like to see someone make all those ships you listed.

Zero_X4

• Founder
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 09:34:01 pm »
I tried doing something like the POA before starting my current ship. Not sure why but I just couldn't get it to look right, I might try to do it again when we have some more features in the game. I would really like to see someone make all those ships you listed.

Planning on making at least the Venture Star myself, Because that would likely be my craft of choice. (Non combat, of course.  For combat, think of the Imperial star Dreadnought)

ThunderHorse

• Founder
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 10:07:42 pm »
Just started making the frame/calculating dimensions for my first project, a Hurricane class Battlecruiser (EVE).

It's small compared with all the MASSIVE ships listed above, only 486m long and has the pointed star destroyer shape.  If you are planning on making a ship with curved or angled surfaces using a drawing program to help you find the optimal block placement to form the surface is essential. 
ASUS P8Z68V-Pro
i7 2600k@4.6GHz - TRUE 120
Corsair Vengeance 2x4Gb CL8
EVGA gtx560-Ti
Seasonic X-850

Zero_X4

• Founder
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 10:47:02 pm »
Just started making the frame/calculating dimensions for my first project, a Hurricane class Battlecruiser (EVE).

It's small compared with all the MASSIVE ships listed above, only 486m long and has the pointed star destroyer shape.  If you are planning on making a ship with curved or angled surfaces using a drawing program to help you find the optimal block placement to form the surface is essential. 

Gonna try and make a scaled down version of the Venture star, considering this magical Block Count Death I'm hearing about...Id love to see the actual mass/size/block count required to get to it, so i don't get to it unknowingly....

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 05:52:52 am »
I think it's not too long before I'm going to start making halo ships, I just love the design of the UNSC spaceship, I would have made a long sword by now but I don't think the blocks would do it justice
Micah- Loving all the ships here Tarot!

PURPLE UNTO DEATH!!! (or maybe blue)

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 06:34:43 am »
I found a Epic all sides picture of the SGU Destiny, along with measurements.... This is gonna be fun, and slow, and tedious....
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 08:29:29 am »

Gonna try and make a scaled down version of the Venture star, considering this magical Block Count Death I'm hearing about...Id love to see the actual mass/size/block count required to get to it, so i don't get to it unknowingly....
it's about 1600x500x500
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 08:57:10 am »
Selfless Heart is currently the smallest of the megaships, behind the Shedim Nist of Niwantaw and The Bassalt class of Tarot, at 1.2km, 1.5km and 1.7km long respectively. SH is a flagship battleship, while the Nist is a dedicated carrier and I believe the Bassalt is designed as a carrier, though I can't be sure, all at varying stages of completion, although I'm slightly ahead I think (Not to toot my own horn :P) with all of my laying frame done.

I'd love to see some eve ships here, though. They have some interesting designs.

ThunderHorse

• Founder
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 09:16:11 am »
Selfless Heart is currently the smallest of the megaships, behind the Shedim Nist of Niwantaw and The Bassalt class of Tarot, at 1.2km, 1.5km and 1.7km long respectively. SH is a flagship battleship, while the Nist is a dedicated carrier and I believe the Bassalt is designed as a carrier, though I can't be sure, all at varying stages of completion, although I'm slightly ahead I think (Not to toot my own horn :P) with all of my laying frame done.

I'd love to see some eve ships here, though. They have some interesting designs.

I'm a Minmatar pilot so I stared looking at their ships first.  The more I look the more I realise that most of the eve ships will be pain to build because of all the curved surfaces.  I still need to find a battleship to build after the 'cane but even the Rohk, the most brick like of all the battleships has some really unusual surfaces and details.
ASUS P8Z68V-Pro
i7 2600k@4.6GHz - TRUE 120
Corsair Vengeance 2x4Gb CL8
EVGA gtx560-Ti
Seasonic X-850

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 04:35:28 pm »
Try building the small ships first, they lack detail so they are easy.