Author Topic: [Answered] Anything going on here still?  (Read 2357 times)

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Old Veteran
    • 301st Corp
[Answered] Anything going on here still?
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:05:59 pm »
Well with StarMade digging it's own grave now i'm looking around trying to find something to replace it.

There any hope here?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:24:20 pm by Aaron »
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
Re: Anything going on here still?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 02:24:07 pm »
Mmm, kinda.

After building up some business & board experience *outside* of game development, we're now having regular meetings to figure out how to get the funds required to make Blockade Runner properly.

Our biggest trouble with 'Blockade Runner' is to get what we were looking for -- a robust space voxel game that's not just a Minecraft in space --, it's either going to require a lot of dough at this point or a lot of community involvement.  Not a fan of Early Access / Kickstarter funding for obvious reasons, and not wanting to dump this onto 'the community'; the only way forward is to get ourselves as a game development company to the point where it make sense to take on such a big project.

Among the discussion in our meetings is to build a different game using the same engine with a reasonable scope, so we're killing flocks of birds with a 4th dimensional stone.  Top of the list right now is the voxel game that started it all, "Infiniminer", either through collaboration with Zach Barth or just building a game in its spirit.  Infiniminer is near and dear to our Zan-hearts, so definitely 'twould be a work of passion.

I'd be curious as to some of your thoughts in private though Thadius... mind if I email you?  Is your e-mail from the forums good?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:28:26 pm by Aaron »
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Old Veteran
    • 301st Corp
Re: [Answered] Anything going on here still?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 03:17:19 pm »
It is though I don't check my email often, most of my online activity is now through discord.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Axel

• Founder
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:18:22 pm »
Hey, there's a thought, anyone got the line on a BR or ZanMGT Discord?

[ZanMgt]Gabriel

• BR Developer
  • Lord Ruler, Gamer, Programmer, Spy
    • www.zanmgt.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 05:35:44 pm »
"a programmer is an intermediary that converts sugar and caffeine into code"

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.