Author Topic: [Answered] I registered five years ago  (Read 528 times)

Erebus

• Founder
[Answered] I registered five years ago
« on: April 23, 2017, 02:31:10 pm »
Zero progress. "Blabla but we switched engine blabla". Oh and then you switched another engine or something?

Im not angry for the 10 Dollars I spent on this game, Im angry on the 10 Dollars I spent on another licence for my friend who I told "This is going to be awesome! Minecraft ship-building but with a focus on combat and many details like physics!"

Instead we got a bunch of guys who in FIVE YEARS cant release something. Im currently playing Space Engineers btw. Great game. Had decent content after ONE year.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:07:51 pm by Aaron »

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
Re: I registered five years ago
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:30:26 pm »
Space Engineers was built out of the Miner Wars engine, which had over $2 million dollars in funds and several years of development.  Nathan has been the only core engine coder for our five years.

Regardless, long story short, we made mistakes Erebus.

We just had to break up with our longterm financier after going through a family crisis.  Every time we were beginning to gather some momentum on production, we'd have the rug pulled out from underneath us, and we've had enough.  We've gotten very close to pulling the trigger and produce some other game to try to bring in funds, but Blockade Runner's the game we want to see to completion.

We're not kickstarting, we're not begging for funds, and we're very sorry we're lumped in with the Early Access amateurs, leaping before they we knew what we were doing.  We are however, not sorry for the experience we've gained, and the fans we've had cheer us on through thick and thin.  We're working now to raise funds our way, so we can finish the game we wanted to make.

Summarized:
- We're amateurs, we made mistakes.
- With 2% of the funding, we cannot make Space Engineers.
- We're looking for a new investor/self-funding production after dropping our old one.
- Nathan's built quite the voxel engine.  We look forward to using it.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:08:40 pm by Aaron »
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat