Author Topic: Beam me up Scotty!  (Read 7893 times)

fatal-error

• Spacer
Re: Beam me up Scotty!
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 10:26:50 am »
What if the amount of power being fed to the transporter is greater than the scramblers output?
In Star Trek they do feed more power to the transporter to overcome interferance, so it could be a nice idea for the game.

Jmanndriver

• Founder
  • Bigger is Better...
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 11:53:17 am »
I like you already that is a great idea lol. Although they want to limit transporter capability like that so it isn't op.

"Quotes at the bottom of signatures are pointless. Just like this one."

- Unknown

Iago

• Founder
  • Keep calm and charge the FTL drive
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2014, 11:41:11 am »
You can make it so if you teleport, it lights up the sensor screens of any ship within several hundred lightyears.
Superbia mentis potens in armis.

spartanshalo

• Founder
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 05:36:58 am »
On the topic of Star Trek Teleporters, they do indeed route power to the transporter to overcome interference. However, they have in many instances needed to reconfigure the transporter to get it to work, sometimes even requiring as much as winging it in hopes it will work. There are several scenes in which the transporter could not fully lock on to a target and attempted to transport may not work as a result.  Also keep in mind that for ship to ship teleport, they had to lower shields to both ships and generally transported either to the other ships transporter pad or to the hold. They did sometimes in an emergency teleport directly to the bridge or other areas of the ship, but I assume it was quite dangerous.
Liberty and justice for all...except for you. And you. And YOU. Your going to the box.