Author Topic: First Human Mining Fleet contest  (Read 4899 times)

Uomoz

• Founder
  • Endure. In enduring grow strong.
Re: First Human Mining Fleet contest
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 05:59:01 am »
That is awesome Uomoz! Keep up the good work!

Proud Builder of the CR90 Corellian Corvette "Blockade Runner" http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=245.0

Zed

• Founder
  • Blind me with science!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 08:45:30 am »
  • Small Fighter: L:<=25W:15-20H:15-20 (This one is primarily for defending the station and to go into the Cruiser)

Small and these dimensions aren't don't really go together in my head but I've got two ships that may fit the bill.  I started on these in W23 but it froze shortly after I started building so these are all in W20.  First up is

ZD-5 Cross

The ZD-5 has five guns clusters in total.  The dimensions are in the last picture.

ZD-5 Cross mk2

This varient is heavier but slightly more maneuverable than the original ZD-5.  The gun clusters are less centralized than the original.  Personally, it's a little too close to an X-wing for my liking.
Building stuff.

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 10:56:18 pm »
I could create a large miner which if we had rotatable joints and stuff I could create it so that the ship first locks onto the asteriod (space anchor?) and the uses the arms to systematically tear the asteroid apart?
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Jmanndriver

• Founder
  • Bigger is Better...
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 11:27:04 pm »
Great Idea vorga, I was thinking all high tech about mining methods. That will go in a different thread I have up. Build what you want just try to think that it will belong to a fleet, so it should mesh well.

"Quotes at the bottom of signatures are pointless. Just like this one."

- Unknown

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 01:55:48 am »
This Is the Mining Ship I was talking about.

and the details, the ship is symetric btw.

The rocks/blocks it collects actually get placed into these pits on the side and underneith of the ship, so later on the ship will drop this off to a refinery, so the station can get every inch of valuable stuff.
to keep the stuff in the hold, possibly large gravity control or a plasma based one way door from the halo series gets projected over the top to prevent the stuff from escaping?, but allows stuff to enter?

For the latching onto things I made a drill, It could also be a harpoon which is fired and then pulls the rock (if lighter then the ship) or the ship (if the rock is heavier than the ship) into the arms reach, this could also be a good salvage ship, hell even combat wise, use it to tear of the blocks of an enemy ship, swarm style any1?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:05:37 am by Vorgra »
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Jmanndriver

• Founder
  • Bigger is Better...
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 02:19:44 am »
Like the diagram. Why not put the arms on the bottom of the ship so you dont have to reverse to get stuff or is that the front? You could have them under so you can orbit around the asteroid and grab chunks off it!

- Unknown

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 02:30:28 am »
Yes that is the front, ill attach the BRD file.

I was also thinking like a spider like ship attaches its self to the rock with a drill and has like six arms, this could Possibly be a larger more expensive and difficult ship to operate, ill work on designing it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ueic8s7lxw20mpm
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:32:01 am by Vorgra »

Jmanndriver

• Founder
  • Bigger is Better...
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 02:40:22 am »
What if you made smaller ships that it could carry that all they do is drill into the rock and go in as they do. so that you can have npc's/drones inside mining up useful stuff as you go down.

- Unknown

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 02:46:24 am »
So like a carrier that has little ships with drills on the front.... or a ship like the above that has a hanger on it as well that has drones so while you head in to tear the rock apart the lil fellas prospect it?

Yamgrenade

• Founder
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 09:17:42 am »
This is interesting. I'm gonna work on a freighter when I get home!