Progress report since the last update!Major
- We Zannites have been doing contract work to make sure BR is self-funded throughout 2016!
- All six of us are done with contract work in January, where we're re-converging for full-time development.
- We will remain self funded indefinitely. It's just gonna be the six of us, and you Founders until Release!Minor
- Nathan's been working pretty much non-stop on the multiplayer/object crossover code and is almost finished. This stuff defines BR!
- Gabe's been working pretty much non-stop on some amazing custom pathfinding evolved out of JPS.
- We've continued to tighten the game's concept, and will be looking for Founder input.
- We had a discussion on NDA's (Non-Disclosure Agreements) with Founders, and decided nah.Fluff
- All* of our development machines have been upgraded! We're packin' i7 4770k's+ , GTX 970's+, SSD's...
- Yes, the website is god-awful lookin'. Aaron is learning Adobe Muse so Zack can stay on main engine with Nathan!
- We (Aaron) are [is] very interested in the HTC Vive. Evangelizing da potential, man.
*Aaron's PC has not been upgraded. Aaron's PC needed mouth-to-mouth
. Apologies for the e-mail tardiness! Self-Funded
We'd been figuring out for a while now how we wanted to fund BR through ALL
of 2016 (gotta feed six hungry devs!). Ultimately, we just want to go forward self-funded
, and were fortunate enough to have contract opportunities that wouldn't tie us away from development for more time than we needed. With a little blood sweat and tears... we did it! I mean, it's tight, but we're able to comfortably
work on BR for at-least another year without no shaking of a pity jar!
resume an Early Access route, but I think we're done with the Early Access funding for BR. Early Access has its place, and we're thankful for it being our beginnings and giving us the confidence to launch ourselves into the indiesphere, but really we're content with the investment we've received from our current
Founder's and don't need anymore. We want to be able to go forward with just you lot, focus on the craft of whittling out this game without worrying about the marketing, the merchandising, and the convincing people to part with their money. Let's save the marketing and merchandising for when we're close to a final release, and work on making a fine piece of entertainment in the meantime.
And before you ask, the contract work was IT-related thanks to some good friends! Next Version (Beginning of new releases!)
Two things are needing to happen:
1. Nathan has to test and make sure the multiplayer/object crossover is working properly. Can't unleash the meaningful content until its done!
2. Zack has to finish re-organizing our build server that'll make updates easily available. (Literally, we build, it poops out download on site)
When will they happen?
1. It's close on Nathan's end, like real close. Could be before end of December, but let's just say January as "safe".
2. January is when Zack's time is freed up better, but hey, pestering his PM here on the forums
We're looking at January. Edit -- Added the following for clarification:What's the new version going to be like?
Buggy, glitchy, and almost entirely empty. It's a foundation with lots 'under the hood' kinda stuff, but once we get the ball rolling with Zack's build server, we can push updates pretty much whenever we feel it's even somewhat stable. Gotta think of it almost as the beginning of a whole new game, but on our hand-made engine.Summary
We've provided ourself funds for BR so we don't have to ask for more moolahs. Game is still in development, quietly being refined. We just want to make awesomesauce with you guys and release a fine piece of entertainment.We're deeply appreciative of your patience!
(especially those who've been affected by Aaron's e-mail blackout!)
If y'all got any questions that haven't been answered, fire away! Remember also that we've got a nifty IRC
for pestering Gabe the von-devman, who's pretty much been on every day without fail for a good year now. Stop on in and give us a poke!