Author Topic: This Week's Development Update! (September 22nd)  (Read 3416 times)

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
This Week's Development Update! (September 22nd)
« on: September 22, 2015, 11:22:24 pm »
BR progress report: Gathering acorns for the winter.  We work for our funds!  Nathan's maining the main engine while the rest of the Zannites re-stock.  Micah's moved from Unity to pure VS2015 C# to assist coders.

We re-iterate gameplay areas of the game we feel are weak, and atm the combat is feeling good, but map screen needs work.  I put it at "80% fun", but worry that the combat is so fast-paced and the map screen is fast-paced that it'll be exhausting.  I brought up a map concept that really goes opposite to what we we'd been going for all this time, but suits the present direction better.

We'd planned to let people play Micah's previous Unity standalone weeks ago, but held it back since I feel it shows too much.  I could be wrong though..  it's why we're considering applications for NDA's, so we can atleast get feedback without as much worry =\

To participate in the discussion regarding NDA's, hit up the Founder's Club forums here: http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=2894.0

Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
Re: This Week's Development Update! (September 22nd)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:31:25 pm »
Zannites
Spacey~

I'm still calling you "The Management" collectively.
Jibreel: Yeah but [Hufer] that's like [Axis] complaining that his Toyota Camry is stuck in the mud and you responding "Well my M1 Abrams doesn't seem to be having much trouble."

snakehead01

• Founder
  • that one guy who does things and stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 04:53:34 pm »
heh...Zannites...i like that...
"SIR! I'VE JUST DROPPED THE THUN THA THUN!"
"YOU FOOL WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!"
*Unintelligible screaming followed by the sound of metal scraping metal and flesh ripping*

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 03:20:39 am »
By the Emperor, you lot gave a couple of us quite a scare! Well it's good to see stuff's still happening. And hearing that Mica's standalone might show too much is definitely good news, because it means you're making some good progress.

Here's to hoping for a release version before the year's out...?
Operator of Black Moon PMC Shipyards
http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=1833.0

"Before all else, be armed"-Nicollo Machiavelli

Bladecatcher

• Founder
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 07:00:33 pm »
Wait, what is this about no Skylakes in NA? I haven't heard about this! Damnit, that was going to be my Christmas present to myself! My dual core i3 has been hanging in there like a champ so far, but I don't think it will be able to hold it's ground against the onset of VR...poor lil' guy.

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 12:25:46 pm »
@Bladecatcher

Looks like Newegg has'em back in stock!  We finally got Terah's new rig assembled earlier this week.  Only one PC left to upgrade... mois! ;D

@snakehead01

We're seriously considering the name for our engine to be the "Zannites" engine, with "Powered by Zannites" be the tagline.  ;)

@RoflTankFTW

We'll see!  Things are headed that way but making the engine so object-oriented with the multiplayer has been a royal pain.  Very nice when it's done, and a unique capability of our engine, but it's another of those "game's virtually unplayable" in the meantime.

The goal is to have auto-builds released to Founder's whenever they're committed.  Everything's been set up to do so, but there was no point when all you saw for a long time was a blank screen.  Gaem isn't going to look too different before the end of the year, but a lot will be different under the hood.  ::)

And thank you guys for being the patient lot you've been.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:30:35 pm by Aaron »
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 01:17:31 am »
Jibreel: Yeah but [Hufer] that's like [Axis] complaining that his Toyota Camry is stuck in the mud and you responding "Well my M1 Abrams doesn't seem to be having much trouble."

snakehead01

• Founder
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 06:15:59 pm »

Correct me if im wrong but that's a Chaos Marine from Warhammer 40k right?
*Unintelligible screaming followed by the sound of metal scraping metal and flesh ripping*

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 08:58:03 am »

I get this really strange feeling when I realize there are people who aren't intimately familiar with 40k but know  enough to get the name right.

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 09:22:13 am »

I get this really strange feeling when I realize there are people who aren't intimately familiar with 40k but know  enough to get the name right.

I get this really strange feeling when I realize not everybody is intimately familiar with WH40k.
Operator of Black Moon PMC Shipyards
http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=1833.0

"Before all else, be armed"-Nicollo Machiavelli

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 01:40:23 pm »
Beyond "The red'uns go fasta" and spikey cathedral ships I don't know a lot more about WH40K, in what category do I fall?
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4

snakehead01

• Founder
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 07:36:21 pm »

Well actually I'm what most people at my school tend to call one of the following : Geek, Nerd, Dork, Outsider, etc. so i wouldn't really say intimate w/ it but i do like to read up on its universe

EDIT: Not meant to be rude or try to bring pity on myself, just clarifying.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:06:54 pm by snakehead01 »

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 08:12:48 am »
Nah, it's just odd after games like DoW and Space Marine hitting gaming shelves, a lot of people can recognize the brand style now but don't know much else.

"Oh hey that Halo-Starcraft thing, cool" gets a lot of use around my parts.

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 09:57:19 am »
And that's a bad thing?

Addendum: The recognition of people that don't know what it is exactly.
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4

snakehead01

• Founder
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 04:25:42 pm »
Nah, it's just odd after games like DoW and Space Marine hitting gaming shelves, a lot of people can recognize the brand style now but don't know much else.
I wont lie, DoW did get me into the WH40K universe but after i played both DoW and DoWII  I was like "Woah, this is pretty cool" and started to read up on the universe.