Author Topic: This Week's Development Update! (April 27nd)  (Read 2271 times)

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
This Week's Development Update! (April 27nd)
« on: April 27, 2015, 04:10:29 pm »
Last week Nathan completed his reconstruct of the Artemis-Entity netcode system... it's tighter and much easier to work with now.  While on a roll with that, he also finished off the chunk fusor, so that's two of the biggun's needed for a return to W28/W71 functionality!  ;D  This week N's working on the block placement system, which will confirm all three (artemis, netcode, voxels) are working in harmony.

With the pathfinding work done, Gabe's job is to nag Nathan to give him more and more functionality within the new engine.  Gabe's ready to do /live/ tests of the pathfinding in-game, and Nathan's probably about a week away from getting him what he needs.

Z's been refining our auto-release process for new BR builds... we gave it a simulated go last weekend and had some fires to put out!

Micah's trying to finish the cleaning stage on the new prototype. Having to have two functional sizes of ship has delayed it a bit.

Terah has been spending a few months broadening her art skills, but has returned to character sketches recently.  Mostly aliens. ^.^  By far, Terah's been the most bored by our work on the engine.  "Is it done yet?"  ... >.>  ... noOoooOooOO...

:P
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
Re: This Week's Development Update! (April 27nd)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 11:26:39 pm »
Terah has been spending a few months broadening her art skills, but has returned to character sketches recently.  Mostly aliens.

Soooooo, doing nothing then. I also notice you're not mentioned in that summary; you are a fine role model, Aaron. :P

Spoiler
<Czorio> The bittersweet embrace of the Alaric is the only embrace I'll ever know.
<Gabriel> Because Alaric robbed your pleasure...
<Aaron> I feel dirty. Alaric, pls hold me.
<Terah> I don't guess when it comes to you Alaric, I just assume you are always watching...

Aaron

• BR Developer
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 10:44:52 am »
We artists get away with moider! ;D

Bladecatcher

• Founder
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 02:08:24 am »
When you're an artist, there's no such thing as "doing nothing." It's all research!

CyrusBlack

• Founder
  • Very Grumpy Man.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 06:33:38 am »
man, i cant wait to see what crazy ish Terah comes up with.

Patience is a Virtue

Aaron

• BR Developer
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 12:29:10 am »
@Cyrus

She's been steadily improving her skills.  We told her to hold back on anything specific because of our tendency to evolve the proto-form of the game so much.  She's building up a collection of unique material for us to draw from though! :D