Author Topic: Crashing/ Questions  (Read 1420 times)

vgvazili

• Spacer
Crashing/ Questions
« on: December 28, 2014, 06:01:45 pm »
So ive followed the startup-crash guidelines and still my game crashes before i can really access anything. including pressing the buy button. Also I am unable to access a current website? I cannot seem to locate your main website off of any search engine and any links dont work. I would love to play this game and purchase it immediately. Ive day dreamed for awhile of a voxel type space ship crafting so to find it actually exists is too much. I think ive downloaded a version from 2012? I cant find the main site so I dont know if this game is still operational.   

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
Re: Crashing/ Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 08:22:49 pm »
The homepage seems to be down at the moment, but it is most likely a technical issue that has yet to be addressed.

Unfortunately the site downtime also took out the requirements & diagnostics pages. Here is a Google cache of the download/requirements page, which may help you resolve dependency issues (scroll down to the Hardware Requirements section). If you meet all of the prerequisites and the game still crashes then check this cache for further diagnostic steps to follow.

You mentioned in IRC that you are running Windows XP. Latest in-dev builds (any W1xx) no longer support that operating system, but I believe that W71 (the latest version you'd have access to if you haven't purchased yet) still should run on XP. If you are able to get W71 running and still wish to purchase, you would be strongly advised to upgrade your operating system so that you could enjoy future versions of Blockade Runner.

In any case, the game is indeed still being worked on. The devs have been rewriting the game's engine so the latest public build is getting a bit long in the tooth in the meantime.
<Czorio> The bittersweet embrace of the Alaric is the only embrace I'll ever know.
<Gabriel> Because Alaric robbed your pleasure...
<Aaron> I feel dirty. Alaric, pls hold me.
<Terah> I don't guess when it comes to you Alaric, I just assume you are always watching...

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
Re: Crashing/ Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 09:23:09 pm »
Homepage is back up!  We had some issues with the DB getting filled up with spam over the past few days... >.>

You can check out the software requirements here.  Pretty much you'll just need XNA 4.1, DirectX9.0c, and .NET 3.5 SP1 (links on the download page).  Luckily the new engine does away with all of this bloat.
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat