Author Topic: Discovery of a better firing solution. Need more testing.  (Read 1690 times)

Akyho

• Founder
    • Spinerrette Webcomic
Discovery of a better firing solution. Need more testing.
« on: October 11, 2011, 02:33:44 am »
I have been testing a certain firing solution with the plasma guns.

I figure most people if not everyone knows that shots fired straight on has less of an effect. Vs light plateing it more often rips through. On medium its scorches but wont hold well to a second volly. Heavy outright negates the shot.

Thusforth you need to shoot at angles for better damage. However this firing solution I have figured has a higher chance of penetration when fired at a least damageing angle.

Its not throw sixteen in a line and fire. I am figureing such a thing will be altered in future. So I have been researching diffrent firing methods.

One method that seems to yeild success is  a design with the a 3x3 square of guns. With the centrel gun being placed three block backs. Three blocks back as in if it was placed in the center then slid two squars backs.

so now you have  placement like this.
____
|000|
|030|
|000|
------         

Now the theory is with the guns surrounding the centrel gun at depth 0. They impact the surface first. They weaken the area that when the delayed by position centrel shot hits. The area is weakend and punchs through.

I have been able to penetrate the Silverback with single hole were the centrel shot should have hut. While the other shots just scorch the area. The results of the pentration results from scorching to greater pentration that if those systems were vital to its operation that was hut then it would very useful a firing solution.

I was experimenting with the firing varying firing solutions of delaying other pathers such as + or x will the alternate guns fired first. Except the results showed still a single shot was pentrating.

I include the test wepons platform i was useing. So anyone else can experim

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:53:33 am by Alaric »

Jmanndriver

• Founder
  • Bigger is Better...
Re: Discovery of a better firing solution. Need more testing.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 02:44:24 am »
they are going to add more weapons later and fix some things regarding damage. Keen observations overall; I'm not too certain that it will apply after a few updates due to platform overhauls.

Hopefully they will release a weapons update with better ship controls within the next couple of months. what we all need to wish for now is Blue Print to be finished and released so that we can make massive ships quick.

I'm glad to see some new faces on the forums! Keep submitting ideas and suggestions, most of us don't bite ;].

"Quotes at the bottom of signatures are pointless. Just like this one."

- Unknown

Akyho

• Founder
    • Spinerrette Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:03:08 am »
they are going to add more weapons later and fix some things regarding damage. Keen observations overall; I'm not too certain that it will apply after a few updates due to platform overhauls.

Hopefully they will release a weapons update with better ship controls within the next couple of months. what we all need to wish for now is Blue Print to be finished and released so that we can make massive ships quick.

I'm glad to see some new faces on the forums! Keep submitting ideas and suggestions, most of us don't bite ;].

Yeah as I said the 16+ plasma cannon are cool for a little messing around. I am sure that if not a direct alteration of that. Then when the subsystems come in like power. Making such cannons wont be impossible however it would be an undertakeing. You will need all the power going to it and then what other things so it would need. Then there is defence. I have messed around with one of those cannons being heavy plated. Currently even that has weakness to be exploited.

Still a long ways to go. However this firing solution could still hold up even in the last release. I found damage to be pretty fair right now with medium plate and single plasma cannons. Its all subject to change tho.

Jmanndriver

• Founder
  • Bigger is Better...
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:07:02 am »
You will be able to charge up some of your weapons through the use of Capacitors(releases energy in quick bursts). Would allow you to have some variance on even the most basic weapons in regards to power vs. speed.

"Quotes at the bottom of signatures are pointless. Just like this one."

- Unknown