Author Topic: Blockade Runner: like Flagship, but with Blocks  (Read 1269 times)

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
Blockade Runner: like Flagship, but with Blocks
« on: December 05, 2014, 07:48:42 pm »
Flagship by Urban Logic Games, I'm assuming this is the URB of Mud and Blood fame who mysteriously stopped work on a flash game with a very similar ambition to this item, called Flagshipped.  I'd expect finished gameplay at the group/NPC Command level to operate something like this demovid, the warp even operates in a similar vein to how ZANmgt has been describing their vision.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:09:12 pm by Cy83r »
Jibreel: Yeah but [Hufer] that's like [Axis] complaining that his Toyota Camry is stuck in the mud and you responding "Well my M1 Abrams doesn't seem to be having much trouble."

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
Re: Blockade Runner: like Flagship, but with Blocks
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 10:33:56 am »
@Czorio

Look!  Lensflares! :D :D :D

But seriously, pretty cool lookin' Cy83r!

I'd say it's far more in the vein of a direct simulation game than what we're going for with Blockade Runner though.  In fact, it feels a bit to me like a Silent Hunter: In Spaaace!, which gives me all sorts of tingles.  :o

Edit:

And Re: Warp:

Micah's next Unity standalone will give you a bit of a sense on how we want warp to work in BR.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 10:36:22 am by Aaron »
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 10:52:39 am »
They must have done a really poor job of getting the word out with this.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

theallmightybob

• Founder
  • Sleep is for the weak.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 12:02:58 pm »
I remember they had an article on this on RPS. looked really interesting, kind of a strategy battle cruiser mash up.
would you buy a toaster shaped like an f22 with an eject button on it? cause thats what i'm going for.

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 05:33:57 am »
LENSFLARES LESNFLARES LENSFLAERS LSENFLERES

it failed iirc.
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 03:00:53 pm »
I was more concerned about the bridge systems and how they displayed and interacted with the player's avatar, warp and sector instances were the second items of importance, third the deck elevator in the hangar scene OH MY GOD.
Jibreel: Yeah but [Hufer] that's like [Axis] complaining that his Toyota Camry is stuck in the mud and you responding "Well my M1 Abrams doesn't seem to be having much trouble."

spartanshalo

• Founder
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 01:20:45 am »
I would describe it more as sins of a solar empire or home world as an fps than as BR. The game is still technically a strategy game. Hopefully the game survives as it would be a unique and welcome entry.
Liberty and justice for all...except for you. And you. And YOU. Your going to the box.