Author Topic: Creature List(or something)  (Read 8020 times)

MRC

• Founder
  • Knows dev CPR
  • Mental breakdown in progress...
Re: Creature List(or something)
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 03:20:47 pm »
Yea, I think some edit is in order here, MRC.  ;D

Don't worry about being crazy/insane/writing/being-a-lunatic too much, we really appreciate people taking the time to think on these things. It helps for future development!  :D

Oh god, i always come up with the worst typos. I blame you crazy English peoples! Always inventing words that sound just like other dirty words, like dam or count.
Haha, thanks for pointing it out. I Fixed it.

I'm not too worried about being crazy I'm saying that in the name of humor, don't worry. It's a pleasure to come up with potential in-game experiences for you at ZanMgt, even more so knowing one of them could possibly see it's place in the game.
With love.  ~MRC

mamastoast

• Founder
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 02:41:59 pm »
I say; Space zombies.

Found aboard shipwrecks, space zombies (gief better name) are the reanimated crew of a lost ship. Often rendered harmless due to the zero-g nature of many such shipwrecks, Space zombies only pose a major threat if you are unfortunate enough to encounter some aboard a ship which still has its artifical gravity working, but just so happens to have lost all power to interior lighting.

I like the idea of the zombie disease being airborn, infecting people and suddenly killing them/turning them without notice :).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:38:11 pm by mamastoast »

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 03:09:54 pm »
I say; Space zombies.

Zombies, or Reavers? ;D
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 04:31:47 pm »
Gotta go with Terah on this one, not a big fan of throwing zombies in there. Zombies are so incredibly over-exposed in our culture right now that they seem pretty bland and predictable.

I always thought the more interesting approach (if you really want a human-infecting psycho disease) is one that has the humans stay almost completely normal, just affects some portion of their psyche.

Concore

• Founder
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 04:56:04 pm »
Gotta go with Terah on this one, not a big fan of throwing zombies in there. Zombies are so incredibly over-exposed in our culture right now that they seem pretty bland and predictable.

I agree.  I think that if we just use zombies like everyone else does, then people will be like "Zombies, I totally didn't see that coming."  I think that if our setting is space, then we need to be a little bit more creative than just using something that's been used before.  :-\

Holy Thunder

• Founder
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 05:08:27 pm »
I liked Serenity's Reavers. Not zombies, but also way creepy and incredibly dangerous.

Not as creative as giant thong-armed snakes, but still dangerous. And fitting, if you happen across derelicts.  They'd be an awesome NPC bad-guy faction, perhaps headed by a nefarious solenium-rift-jumper who happened upon a way to control them.

And they'd be a go-to mission target. Nobody feels bad about taking down creepers who defile/kill/skin/eat in the wrong order.
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

MRC

• Founder
  • Knows dev CPR
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 05:23:53 pm »
Not as creative as giant thong-armed snakes, but still dangerous.

Shhhh, we do not talk about them lightly clothed space-snakes, they frequented dodgy parts of space in their youth. They are the shame of their specie.
With love.  ~MRC

Aaron

• BR Developer
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 05:38:12 pm »
But then, how could we further distinguish BR zombies from Fire Fly and normal zombies?

mamastoast

• Founder
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 05:40:14 pm »
I say we have a airborne virus.. or fungi which attaches itself to the party of the human brain that relates to empathy and destroys it. At the same time it also makes you gradually more and more paranoid. So we're not actually talking about zombies, but rather people whose empathy is being slowly eaten away, and grow increasingly paranoid.

Strait Raider

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 05:43:09 pm »
But then, how could we further distinguish BR zombies from Fire Fly and normal zombies?

BR's zombies are invisible and cannot interact with matter or energy in any tangible way.

Aaron

• BR Developer
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 05:51:03 pm »
BR's zombies are invisible and cannot interact with matter or energy in any tangible way.

Ah, the untouchables.  I like you're line of thinking.  So these untouchables... they're after pure thought then?

Strait Raider

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 05:53:17 pm »
Ah, the untouchables.  I like you're line of thinking.  So these untouchables... they're after pure thought then?

Yup. And the scariest thing is you can never tell when they're there.

On the plus side, they can't harm you in any way.

MRC

• Founder
  • Knows dev CPR
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 06:24:17 pm »
Yup. And the scariest thing is you can never tell when they're there.

On the plus side, they can't harm you in any way.

I approve of this kind of zombie. After all the less you see of them, the scarier they get.
With them BR could be the next big horror game. ;D
With love.  ~MRC

Aaron

• BR Developer
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 07:10:27 pm »
I approve of this kind of zombie. After all the less you see of them, the scarier they get.
With them BR could be the next big horror game. ;D

Just need VR goggle support and Markiplier to do the Let's Play. ;D

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 09:50:18 pm »
What about Gabe's Wraith?
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.