Author Topic: [Answered] Cant Buy/ Cant Play  (Read 1332 times)

Zusheqiel

• Spacer
[Answered] Cant Buy/ Cant Play
« on: February 14, 2014, 10:07:42 am »
First I want say is that both google check out and paypal suck. When i first saw this game I thought it looked cool, i've always been a sucker for voxel games of any sort, I'm still playing guncraft and that game is almost dead (sadly). At first i was going to skip the demo and just buy it but when i clicked proceed to checkout, it just gives me a blank page and nothing. I figured i would just try out the free version till it came out on steam (it is coming out on steam right?). I have the free version installed and everything but it says my account hasn't been activated, when it has. I'm a patient person but i would like some sort of insight here.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:47:04 pm by Aaron »

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
Re: Cant Buy/ Cant Play
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 11:25:58 am »
Are you unable to play the demo then? You should be able to play as guest. Otherwise make sure you follow all the steps here.

Also, can you tell us what browser you're using when you are trying to purchase? Chrome and Firefox seem to work fine for most people, but internet explorer tends to make a mess of the site.

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:20:31 pm »
I have the free version installed and everything but it says my account hasn't been activated, when it has.

Have you actually paid for the game (it sounds like you have so far been unable to)? Your account will only count as "activated" if you purchase the game.

I figured i would just try out the free version till it came out on steam (it is coming out on steam right?).

That depends on Steam's contract details for listing the game. The devs would like to have the game on Steam but if the terms of the contract are too onerous they may have to forgo it. In any case, I'm not sure whether they're planning on trying to list the game while it's still in development or waiting until it is at (or near) release state - which is quite a ways off.
<Czorio> The bittersweet embrace of the Alaric is the only embrace I'll ever know.
<Gabriel> Because Alaric robbed your pleasure...
<Aaron> I feel dirty. Alaric, pls hold me.
<Terah> I don't guess when it comes to you Alaric, I just assume you are always watching...

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:45:54 pm »
First I want say is that both google check out and paypal suck. When i first saw this game I thought it looked cool, i've always been a sucker for voxel games of any sort, I'm still playing guncraft and that game is almost dead (sadly). At first i was going to skip the demo and just buy it but when i clicked proceed to checkout, it just gives me a blank page and nothing. I figured i would just try out the free version till it came out on steam (it is coming out on steam right?). I have the free version installed and everything but it says my account hasn't been activated, when it has. I'm a patient person but i would like some sort of insight here.

Hi there!

First of all thank you for giving us feedback on this.  We're pretty deep in the development side of things, and as a small team of engineers we tend to miss out on the little conveniences for things.

1. Google Checkout has been discontinued by Google, so we'll be removing the Google Checkout option soon.

2. You do not need to log in when playing the free version (Click on "Guest" when prompted).  This was utterly confusing for folks with old W71 and something we're looking to fix with the re-release of BR with its new engine this year.  Likely, we'll just skip that initial login screen and instead have a prompt when accessing supporter-only features.

3. As Alaric mentioned, Steam support is dependent on A) what restrictions are included with the contract agreement (i.e. are we given free reign over the Steam Keys?) and B) how much do we need to bend our development to support Steam.  From what it looks like both A and B will be fine, but we're not at a stage quite yet to really dive into the nitty gritty details
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat