Author Topic: Ship Build - The Leviathan (Pics/Video and DL Ship!) (Updated: 10/04/2011)  (Read 7043 times)

Imperius146

• Founder
(DOWNLOAD THE SHIP BELOW! Will work in week 23!)

I am in the progress of building one of the largest ships ever. I really wish the tools set were out so i could edit the ship, but im doing it by hand for now.

It will feature only ONE gun. Thats right, just one plasma gun.. Did i forget to mention its 10Hx10Wx100L? Thats right, essencially TEN THOUSAND total linked plasma cannons as the main weapon. The ONLY downside is you must stay perfectly still when you fire, as the stream can rip into the ship itself hehe. IE: death star issue, it needs to stay still to fire.

The General outer casing is being made, the front is done, but by hand it will take a month or two to finish. Pics up soon i promise.

Ok i managed to record a video with slightly out of sync audio explaining it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhzMi1TwV8

Anyway, I've decided to keep a detailed log of progress with pics when i can.

Main Structure:

Stage 1: Main gun comprised of 10,000 plasma cannons - Complete
Stage 2: Deck Plating/flooring for main gun room and opposing hallways - Complete
Stage 3: Walls and ceilings - 15% Complete
Stage 4: Prototype engine configuration - Complete
Stage 5: ???

Picture #1: Side view of gun and main structure.

Picture #2: The weapon beam itself, 10,000 plasma bursts total!

Picture #3: The damage from a single volley, one firing sequence!

Updates:

10/04/2011: Gun complete, pics added, prototype ship added.

10/03/2011: Im doing a ton of work, adding at least two thousand blocks a day to the structure. Im working on the inner structure and outer structure first. The gun is nearly finished. When it is, I will post the ship file for people to try on their own. I hope you guys would enjoy that anyway. I will continue to add onto the ship and update the ship file as i do. As I said, i want this to be a large ship ,so i consider the gun and the structure as-is to be the center part of the ship, and grow in all directions.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:32:21 pm by Imperius146 »

EliteASH_11

• Founder
  • Competition starter.
    • Steam
Re: Ship Build - The Leviathan
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 01:00:43 am »
Thats not going to work once they fix guns :P
"That MAC gun can put a round clean through a Covenant Capital Ship."

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 01:31:52 am »
Up yeah We have all built those

Of Which mine consists of 18 barrels and 87 long, Although ill soon scrap those once they Introduce a Phased Cannon, Of which ill actually Have a legitimate Threat of a ship
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 01:36:49 am »
I think we might have to design a sub class of Destroyers for Dreadnoughts like these. I perhaps shouldn't be calling SH a Dreadnought when it's really a Flag-battleship. Just a large gun with engines atttached. Anti-capital ship fleet ships.

RangerRyan

• Spacer
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 02:21:30 am »
"That's no Dreadnought... That's a Space Station!" ~Ryan

Joke beside, I think a Cannon that large would break the game, really. I'd love to see a video of it once you finish! Good luck on this rediculous Insane Awe-Inspiring Suicide Mission Venture!

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 02:25:35 am »
Well if i fire my ship say 8 times it laggs, and there is almost no point considering the fact few ships rack up to 100 layers thick in any one point
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 02:56:31 am »
It's basically a tactical weapon. Sure it can sink do major damage to a battleship, it'll get sunk, but it'll do the damage. That's a heap of dmaage your other ships don't have to do.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 07:18:49 am »
So how big is the actual ship going to be? 
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 09:49:14 am »
There is also no point at creating a ship 10km -10km -10km (just a cube as an example)
When it only Has one Weapon that can actually damage the ship itself, and what do you do if you miss, a weapon that dishes out that much plasma must let the barrels coold down or it would shoot its self Harmless, also all the time you sit there rotating to face these small ships to one shot them only to miss and have to wait for a cool down, then enemy could easily build a city on the surface and slowly burrow into the core/control room and also use all the metal they are stripping of your ship to build other ships, there is a point when Big is too big.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 09:57:55 am »
He said 10m.

And there is a point where big becomes too big.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
     Put together.

mamastoast

• Founder
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 10:11:10 am »
personally I dont mind tihs large a ship, but only if you actually take thge time to make it look cool and not just make it a big box with a huge gun.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 10:14:53 am »
He said 10m.

*Cough* 40k ships *coughack*

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 12:07:54 pm »
He said 10m.

*Cough* 40k ships *coughack*
Nahh

Super star destroyers are more like too big.

Or if it's just one massive gun around 400-600m is I reckon the max you could have with it still looking good.
Unless...

Put together.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 12:17:35 pm »
Star trek elite force featured a Dreadnought, a ship built around a huge gun that was apparently 1.2 kilometres long. Looked alright

Jmanndriver

• Founder
  • Bigger is Better...
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 01:11:54 pm »
Here is some size comparison of ships from the halo series.

I think that we can all agree on a 5km ship as being reasonable. My 14k ships would be megalithic ships that would have a fleet built around them. More like the "Generation Ships" that have been thought up.

Think of it as the flying fortress in space!

"Quotes at the bottom of signatures are pointless. Just like this one."

- Unknown