Author Topic: Galactic War: Season 2!  (Read 20358 times)

Holy Thunder

• Founder
Re: Galactic War: Season 2!
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 07:14:41 am »

VE Actions:

7 AP, 12 CP, 19 total

Research:
4 AP--Diplomacy 3
4 CP--Sensors 6
4 CP--Sensors 7

Diplomacy:
1 AP--Take the alien diplomat on a tour of the colony ships, to demonstrate that  our current (one planet) condition is temporary, and not representative of our technological abilities. Offer an alliance and attempt to tactfully  obain information about them and their enemies.

Construction:
1 AP: Construct 1 FS at A17.
1 AP: Construct 1 PS at A17.
4 CP: Construct 4 PI at A17.
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 02:57:47 pm »
GWv2- Round 6

Deltan Federation (DF)

Actions
AP 7/CP 11
Upkeep: -1 AP
Raids: -1 CP
Total: 6/10

-Research: Diplomacy 4 - 6 CP, 2 AP

-Build PI 4 at [De66] - 4 CP

-Move FS 2 from [Ga67] to [Z68] - 1 AP

-Move FS 2 from [Th67] to [De68] - 1 AP

-Move FS 3 from [La60] to [Xi63] - 1 AP

-Diplomacy: Offer to set up a trade route between the NPR and us - AP 1

RP
Spoiler
*Static*
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:34:29 pm by Commander Jackson »
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 10:18:49 am »

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2013, 05:08:17 pm »
Sorry. Faffing around getting a job (finally) has been eating time. Right...

SC

- bring sensors up to level 7 (8cp)

- Bring industry up to level 7 (3cp 5ap)

- Move fleet @ Xi 33b to lambda 32 (1ap)

- /carefully/ move fleet @ lamda 34a to Theta 35 (1ap)

/carefully/ going to have a goosey at our moderate neighbours.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »
And with that, we've finished 6 rounds!

Actions due Monday! Those of us who are from the US will be feasting on turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, pie, and a number of other delicious foods on Thursday while giving thanks for whatever bounty is set before us. For the rest of you, I think it's just a regular Thursday, but you should really try the Thanksgiving feast thing, it's pretty delicious. Further, until sometime TBD in January, I'm thinking updates will be once-a-week because of the holiday season. If you're going to be missing a day or more, please post double/triple/quad/etc.-actions to cover the days you'll be missing.

Results:

Holy Thunder / Gaius Thunder, Archon of the Voltaran Sovereignty.

Voltaran Sovereignty (VS)

Homeworld: Voltara [A17]

Sensors level 7

Diplomacy level 3

Diplomacy - (9 + 3) the diplomat is wowed by your progress and capabilities and heartily accepts your alliance offer, providing you with enhanced sublight engines (level 2) as a symbol of the alliance. He also agrees to give you some information on the current state of affairs, which is shown on the map; they are at war with an expansionist in C17. This nation will appear on your map now, and is allied with you. They may unally if you do something to make them make a check (attack them, do something rash, don't help them when they ask).

4 PI, 1 PS, and 1 FS built

Upkeep: 0

AP:8

CP:12

TP:0

RP:0

Commander Jackson / Xander Fyrstar, Commander of the Deltan Defense Force

Deltan Federation (DF)

Homeworld: Phoenix's Stand [De66]

Diplo 4

4 PI Built

Trade route accepted

Fleet @ Z38 - Moved into a Moderate NPR's territory

Fleet @ De68 - Friendly Trader in system invites your officers to a state dinner

Fleet @ Xi63 - Why did you go there? War, Pirates, and a moderate NPR. (16) Safe from the war, (8) pirates got you though. All hands lost. The sensor blip will remain until next round.

AP:7

Niw / General Victor Merritt, Commanding officer of the Synarian commonwealth

Synarian Commonwealth (SC)

Homeworld: Terra Firma [Xi 33]

Sensors 7

Industry 7

Fleet @ La32- You've landed in a warzone, fortunately (18) your neighbor Isolationist recognized your ship's signature and held off vaporizing you.

Fleet @ Th35- Moderate NPR is hailing you about your landing in their system...

No Visible NPR movements

Blind jumping not reccommended

NPR's get points spend on them based on their holdings and their development 'charts'. I'll need to do an NPR catchup round here one of these days, but fortuneatly most of the ones around you guys are fine.
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 05:38:28 pm »

Blind jumping not reccommended

I've noticed...

Holy Thunder

• Founder
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 07:05:24 pm »
VE

12 CP, 8 AP, 20 total

Research:
4 CP--Diplomacy 4
4 CP--Sensors 8
4 CP--Sensors 9

Construction:
1 AP--1 FS at A17
5 AP--build 5 PI at A17

Fleet/Diplomacy (you said one would cover a system's movement)

1 AP--Move 1 FS to A18 and offer to set up a trade network.

Also from A17--move 3 FS to B16 and explore. Orders to scout only, and return home if met with a hostile force of equal or superior strength.

1 AP--inquire of the alien diplomat as to potential conditions to end the war, and how we can assist with the peace.

--side note: I seem not to have so much room to build out after all...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:35:01 pm by Holy Thunder »
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2013, 12:28:52 pm »
GWv2- Round 7

Deltan Federation (DF)

Actions
AP 7/CP 12
Upkeep: -0

-Research: FTL 4 - CP 8

-Research: Sensors 6 - CP 3, AP 5

-Build A Trade Fleet [De66] - CP 1

-Send the Trade Fleet to [La60] from [De66] - AP 1
  -This Should Be a Non-Stop Trip

-Diplomacy[De68]: Graciously Accept The Diplomat's Invitation - AP 1

RP
Spoiler

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2013, 11:00:06 pm »
Alright, you welps, I'm in.

Cy83r / Alexander Juda, OF-10 Fleet Admiral
Apollonian Royal Celestine Forces (ARCF) 'Archer'/New Orbital Reform Deal of Intrasystem Countries (NORDIC)
Homeworld: Aphallon [A53]

With the first successful test of an experimental craft, the united people of Aphallon form the ARCF to represent a cohesive front in their investigation of signals that bridged the last technology gap holding them back from interstellar colonization. Member countries under NORDIC, the conglomerate industrial and political agencies, both off-world and on, funding the ARCF, have made sure to be prepared for potential contact between friendly and hostile neighbours among the stars.

-Techs
=Basic
FTL: +1
STL: Reduce to 1, place any surplus into Weapons and Defences equally, favouring Weapons
Sensors: +1
Efficiency: +1
Weapons: +1
Fleet Quality: +1 (if STL would be zero, remove this tech in favour of STL 1)
=Special
Barrage 1 (Spend on Efficiency if this doesn't have an effect yet, otherwise PM me with effects of all specials written out for... research purposes)

EDIT: Just realized there are start positions on the first map.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 06:13:53 am by Cy83r »
Jibreel: Yeah but [Hufer] that's like [Axis] complaining that his Toyota Camry is stuck in the mud and you responding "Well my M1 Abrams doesn't seem to be having much trouble."

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 01:40:31 pm »
SC 7/12

- Emergency diplomatic training for all crew members (Diplomacy 5) [8cp]

- More sensors for the sensor god (sensors 8) [4cp]

- Construct 3 PI at Xi 33 [3AP]

- Construct 2 PI at Lambda 34 [2AP]

- Respond to hails from moderate NPR: Apologise for the intrusion and explain that the ship is a simple exploration craft searching for other nations. Offer them a peace treaty. [1AP]

- Hail the isolationist forces in Lambda 32: Ask who they are at war with and if they desire assistance. [1AP]

- If both diplomatic actions cost just one AP instead of 1 AP each (for total of 2AP) Construct another level of PI at lambda 34 for a total of 3. (bringing both planets up to 9)
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 03:39:37 pm »
And with that, we've finished 7 rounds!

Actions due Monday! Until sometime TBD in January, I'm thinking updates will be once-a-week because of the holiday season. If you're going to be missing a day or more, please post double/triple/quad/etc.-actions to cover the days you'll be missing.

Results:

Diplo 4

Sensors 9

5 PI constructed

1 FS constructed

Exploration B16 - A single planet spotted; a trader was briefly seen but fled the system.

Trade A19 (A18 doesn't exist) - The friendly NPR grudgingly accepts your offer of mutual trade.

Diplomat - Informs you that they are at war with an expansionist NPR nearby and shares sensor data, as well as providing you shielding (Defense level 2). The objective is to capture the system, in hopes of driving the expansionists' efforts elsewhere. If you assist, there may be more tech forthcoming.

CP:13

TP:1

Deltan Federation (DF)

FTL 4

Sensors 6

Trade fleet  - Route stopped @ De62 when convoy was destroyed by an asteroid (FTL works something like a rock skipping on water; it needs to stop in each system it passes through, most AI's won't be able to track you, but environmental hazards may. Additional levels grant additional skips).

At the dinner, the Trader asks for your assistance repairing his FTL drive. It is unspecified, but implied that you will receive a reward for your efforts.

Sensors 8

Diplo 5

5 PI built

The Moderate NPR accepts your apology and will permit your scout to do its thing, but declines to accept a peace treaty for now.

The isolationists (colonists of your neighbor) accept your assistance. They are warring with a local pirate empire, and will share their sensor data on the issue.

Both diplo actions cost 1 AP, they take me longer to resolve than construction/research projects.

Apollonian Royal Celestine Forces (ARCF) 'Archer'/New Orbital Reform Deal of Intrasystem Countries (NORDIC)

You get 7x your actions, or 14 AP & 28 CP, for your next turn. I'll let you have only 1 upkeep for all that to account for probable development. Information on all known special techs has been posted on the first page, if you'd like to switch to another one or 3 regular techs I'll allow that. I'll try to automatically use your special in combat situations, but feel free prod me here, in meta, or via PM if you think I missed using it.

Upkeep: 1

AP:2

CP:4

No Visible NPR movements

You guys have started to hit my 'power curve' on research/planetary development. It'll take more levels/PI per extra AP/CP

FTL still observes system hazards

NPR's may break trade agreements if they're having a bad day

Entering NPR wars will likely mean you need to wipe out the opponent they are facing.
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 09:14:05 pm »
GWv2- Round 8

Deltan Federation (DF)

Actions
AP 7/CP 12
Upkeep: -0

-Research: Efficiency 5 - CP 8

-Begin Research: Stations 1 (10/12) - AP 6; CP 4

-Diplomacy: Help the trader repair their FTL - AP 1

RP
Spoiler
Back at home, there weren't as many asteroids...
-Anonymous Engineer

Automatic Post Merge: December 02, 2013, 09:33:35 pm
Test
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:33:35 pm by Commander Jackson »

Cy83r

• Founder
  • It's Shooowtime!
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 09:42:40 pm »
14AP/28CP
Upkeep: 1

NORDIC Oversight Committee: Logistics +1 [4CP]; Sensors +3 [12CP]; Industry +3 [12CP]
"Well, gentlemen, that didn't go too bad; what say we build a few more candles to light those skies and see what's waiting for us in the dark."
- 'Ladders to the Stars', Nathan Bartholomew, CEO International Transit-Transport Corporation

ARCF Fleet Manoeuvres: Efficiency +1 [4AP]; Fleet Quality +1 [4AP]; Bombardment +1 [4AP]; Upkeep [1AP]; Move Fleet (FS1) A53 -> B52 Expedition [1AP]
"Time to get ourselves organized and fighting trim, I want a full shakedown cruise before we jump outsystem, let's leave our name on the moon for posterity while we're at it; who's with me?"
- Alexsander Juda, ARCF Fleet Admiral, Collected Memoirs
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:47:58 pm by Cy83r »
Jibreel: Yeah but [Hufer] that's like [Axis] complaining that his Toyota Camry is stuck in the mud and you responding "Well my M1 Abrams doesn't seem to be having much trouble."

Holy Thunder

• Founder
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 12:06:35 pm »
--VS--

13 CP / 8 AP / 1 TP

Diplomacy:

1 TP--agree to assist, and recommend a coordinated joint strike on C17 during Turn 9. Advise we will contribute at least 6 FS to the fight.

Research:

4 CP--Sensors 10
4 CP--Sensors 11
1 CP / 3 AP--research Fleet Quality 1 (or 2, if it starts at 1)
4 AP--Research Logistics 1

Construction:

1 CP--create 1 PS at A17.
3 CP--create 3 PI at A17.

Fleet--
1 AP--Orders to fleet at B16. Use updated sensors to actively scan as far as possible. Objective is to obtain all possible information about the surrounding sectors. Once finished, return home to A17.

Side note--Cy83r, I like your format. (;
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:08:52 pm by Holy Thunder »

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 03:47:03 pm »
And with that, we've finished 8 rounds!

Actions due Monday! Until sometime TBD in January, I'm thinking updates will be once-a-week because of the holiday season. If you're going to be missing a day or more, please post double/triple/quad/etc.-actions to cover the days you'll be missing.

Results:

Sensors 11

FQuality 1

Logistics 1

Ps/PI - Error - planet max reached - 2 PS built to free up space; 2 PI built

Diplomat - Agrees with your plan. [Capture System]

CP:13

TP:1

Deltan Federation (DF)

Stations 10/12

Efficiency 5

Your technicians easily fix the FTL drive on the trader and send him on his way. In exchange, he gives you some documents that detail an enhanced understanding of several fields of study your scientists have only just unlocked. +3 RP.

RP:3

No Action Submitted - I'll hold the points over for next round (2x next round) if you post

Logistics 1

Sensors 4

Fleet Quality 2

Bombardment 1 - I'm giving it to you this time, but usually bombardment levels are 12 points. You just started and I just changed it though, so we're good ;D

Your fleet landed smack in the middle of a Moderate NPR's system. They're demanding you identify or stand down and prepare to be boarded.

You may want to invest in Planet Industry (PI) or Planet (military) Strength (PS). Each planet has 9 pixels for either of these values, and I paint them with 2 colors each - black/gray for PI, red/pink for PS. Black/red are 1 point, gray/pink are 5. Your ratio of PI to planets contributes to your AP/CP available.

AP:3

CP:6

No Visible NPR movements

No news
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:00:50 pm by Me2005 »

I know who you are.

You are destiny.