Author Topic: Galactic War: Season 2!  (Read 27561 times)

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
Galactic War: Season 2!
« on: October 30, 2013, 03:32:40 pm »
This is the place where the Galactic War continues!

New players: See Meta and the Rules at the end of this post. Perhaps also review the GW1 setup, or ask me/one of the other players how this works. It's actually really straightforward - post actions bi/weekly, I'll update them into the map; rinse, repeat.

Current Players: Go ahead and post your national information (Race/Gvt name), color, etc. in this format:

Code: [Select]
PlayerName / CharacterName, CharacterRank
[color=PlayerColor]NationLongName[/color] (NationAbbr)
Homeworld: HomeworldName [HomeworldLocation]

Followed by your tech choices. You get 32 points to spend on tech - basic techs are mostly 4 points and specials are 12. Use the standard Alpha-numeric address system for your location as before (i.e.: [E12]).

Basic Techs (mostly 4 points each):   
FTL: The distance, in system hexes, your FS may travel on the map.   
Sublight (STL): The distance, in planets, your FS may travel inside of a system hex. Ships always arrive in the center of a system and travel up then clockwise (to the right).   
Diplomacy: Straight addition to your die roll for diplomatic results.   
Sensors: Improve your visibility into the fog of war on the map. See the key on the map.   
Repair: Number of points added into your modified fleet/system values during combat. Each level adds 1 point before your modifier is divided back out; if the modifier is 5 and your repair level is 10 you'll gain ships back, and if your modifier is 5 but your repair level is 1 you'll gain 1/5 of a ship. Sounds complex but it's really easy on my end to do.   
Industry: Improves the number of CP available to you.   
Efficiency: Improves the number of AP available to you.   
Trade: Improves points from trade.   
Weapons: Improves your weapons for all units. Calculated with Defenses and Quality to get your unit's combat modifier.   
Defenses: Improves your defenses for all units. Calculated with Weapons and Quality to get your unit's combat modifer.   
Fleet Quality: Improves your fleet quality. Calculated with Weapons and Defenses to get your fleets' combat modifier.   
Planet (military) Quality: Improves your PS quality. Calculated with Weapons and Defenses to get your PS combat modifier.   
Bombardment: Improves the damage your fleets do to Planets. Using this will indiscriminately damage PS/PI (50/50). A 12-point tech.   
Launch: The level is the amount of damage your planets can inflict on planets in that system. Special tech required to attack planets or fleets out of system.   Use once per planet per turn; straight-up damages regardless of defense - similar to bombard, will indiscriminately damage PS/PI. Fleets near planets attacked will suffer equal damage on a critical D8 roll, fleets targeted will suffer damage on a 50/50 roll. A 12-point tech.

I don't have the specials list made fully yet, but I'll work on it. You may always PM me or ask in Meta about creating a new tech outside of those listed here; I will consider it and give you what I feel is a fair response. You may argue all you like until we reach an agreement on the capabilities of the tech. Specials usually cost 12, a rare few cost more, and some have sub-specials that cost less. Here are the names of the specials I've pre-planned:

EMP - Roll to disable fleets at start of battle, on success roll for damage; +1 damage for every 6 FS regardless of die roll; start with D6 target 6, upgrade D# (D8, D10, etc.)
Mobile Planets - Allows moving of unengaged planets for 1 action/5 planet levels; upgrades add 5 levels + engaged planets
Stealth - Allows moving fleets invisibly; chance to detect is 2D# roll vs. sensors; upgrade D#
Vanguard - Ships may retreat and take 10% less damage on success + STL; 50/50 roll, upgrade %
Capture - Chance to capture enemy ships in combat per FS - D20 crit
Mines - Make a minefield; each field costs 2 to place. Rolls a D6 for destroyed enemy fleets; upgrade die
Decoys - Make a decoy of any asset you own
Relfective shields - 10% of damage done is reflected back to enemies per level; upgrade %
Interdiction - Prevents FTL near your planets. @ Level 2, Prevents FTL in systems with your planets.
Barrage - Roll per FS to destroy FS on crit success. Roll D6 for damage. D20 start, upgrade D#
Self-destruct - captured ships roll crit (D20), on fail nothing happens, on success roll (D6) to take out other ships. Upgrade D#
Stations: - Allows station Construction; upgrades level * 5 station health
Warpgates - Move from your WG to your WG for free (no action).
PS Factory - Builds 1 PS/level/turn
PI Factory - Builds 1 PI/level/turn
FS Factory - Builds 1 FS/level/turn at this location
RP Factory - Builds 1 RP/level/turn
Scanner - Allows you to make a free scan every turn at your scan level. If left alone, it will continue scanning the same spot until you move it.
Launcher - Allows you to use 'launch' at system ranges. 3 systems/level - changed 12-6-13
Fortress - All incoming combat fleets must engage the star fortress first. The star fortress can attack anything in-system as a free action (No AP required to attack a fleet in system with a fortress), using standard FS attack methods and launch or bombardment values. Health + 5/level.
AI: - Allows AI construction; upgrades allow more AI's (Level = # AI's per fleet)
Red AI - Attack fleets get +10% to FS, upgrade level * 10% FS
Blue AI - Defense fleets get +10% to FS; upgrade level * 10% FS
Green AI - Exploration fleets get +1 to die rolls; Upgrade die mod
Yellow AI - Diplomatic fleets get initial diplo immunity and +1 to die rolls; Upgrade die mod
Clandestine Ops:
- Allows Clandestine operations; upgrades upgrade operatives permanently
Spy (1 AP) - Gives information @ location delivered to (you need to send them in by FS) once/turn. Fails on crit; upgrade die type
Saboteur (1 AP) - Deliver as Spy (or convert Spy). 50/50 roll + Diplo to disable 2 FS, PS, or PI; upgrade level * 2 damage. Level 5 may disable stations.
Comm tap (2 AP) - Learns something random. + Sensor level to adjust toward target; Upgrade level + sensors toward target
Turncoat (1 AP) - Get location of traitor with random technology from selected player. Retrieve traitor to gain tech. No upgrade.

You need the bold header to get the sub-tech; For example, you'd need to research "stations" to build any of the listed stations and "AI" to build any of the AIs. Some sub-techs cost less than 12 AP - mostly the clandestine stuff currently.

Speaking of Stations; those are new. I've replaced some of the old cost improving techs with stations, and modified some of the old useful techs to use stations. They will all be visible on the map and fairly permanent in any given system. The general "station" tech is required to build any of them (12 points) and will be used to upgrade the station quality. I'm thinking stations will have 5 'health' * your station level * your FS modifier; Clarification: 5 health * your "Stations" level * FS modifier (individual station levels only modify that station's effect); except defensive stations which use the better of your FS/PS modifiers and get health for individual levels; but that is subject to change. PS/FS/PI/RP stations will generate 1* their level of the appropriate resource each turn, and cost more to build than to upgrade (12/6). This is to encourage big upgraded - and therefore valuable - stations. I'll possibly limit their level at some point. Stations will be capturable without any specific capture tech, similar to planets with no PS, by choosing to do so when they have no health remaining in/after that attack round (specify "capture station" "destroy" or "leave derelict" when attacking; remember, you need planets in a system to control stations in a system). Stations can accidentally be destroyed using bombardment against them; specify if you'd rather not use bombardment against a station.

When choosing tech, keep in mind that there is fog of war and STL to be concerned about. Fog starts you with almost no visibility, and that limits what you can see anytime you move. STL will work by causing your ships to move clockwise from the 12:00 position (straight up) in any hex. For ease, ships can always get back to the center, but must get to the planet they are at by spending STL points. Ships go FTL from the center of the system, so ships with STL 1 would need to spend 1 point to get to the center (from anywhere) and then one FTL point, and then another STL point next turn to get to a planet in that system. STL 2 is the lowest you can have and go planet-FTL-planet in one round.

During the rounds, AP will be used to move/attack/diplomacize/etc; CP for building & researching. AP can also be used for building, but it is the only thing that can be used for doing actions. It builds up more slowly than CP.

There will be no secret actions this time around, but you can have secret names for actions per discussion with me in PM. When posting, always post something like this:

Research: Blue 6 CP
Research: Industry II 4 CP
Move 12 FS from [E12] to [A3] 1 AP
If you're concerned about STL positions or planets, the planets are numbered 1-X from the top. The top planet is always "1" so maybe you'd be moving from [E12]3 to [A3]1.
Build PI @ [E12]1: 3 CP & 1 AP
Build PS @ [E12]3: 3 AP
Etc.

Also, let's try to keep the format in this thread to ONLY Action or Update posts. Edit your last post if you need to change something before the round comes due, and PM me if you're worried I missed it. Delete off-topic posts. We have the Meta and RP threads for non-action stuff.

Rules
Intro
This is a friendly forum game of galactic civilization that puts you in the place of ruler over an advanced civilization. You may research new technologies, upgrade existing ones, build fleets, and control empires spanning worlds. It is all overseen by me, (Me2005) the moderator. If you wish to participate, you are expected to have a post up by the agreed-upon day(s) each week outlining the action(s) you desire to take.

Dice
Chance plays into this somewhat; and as such I will use (simulated) dice of various types to achieve a random result. The shorthand I use for each type is "D#", where "#" is the number of sides and the highest number that can be rolled. Typical rolls are with a D6, D10, and D20, but I will specify which die is used where if necessary. I may post die results when used, I may not; depending on how cumbersome that becomes.

Everything you do will require points. This is so that other players may gauge your strength and I may govern fairly. Here are the different types and how they're earned:

Action Points (AP):
AP are used for doing things. A non-exhaustive list of what things might be done includes: Moving Fleets from planet to planet or system to system, colonizing a planet, exploring a system, mining, conducting diplomacy, attacking, and using system-based weapons (fired from platforms or planets). AP are earned by building up your infrastructure and improving your Efficiency tech level.

Construction Points (CP):
CP are used for building things. A non-exhaustive list of what could be built includes: Fleets, Planet Industry, Planet Military, and any kind of research. AP may be used in leu of CP. CP are earned by building up your infrastructure, improving your Industry tech level, and colonizing additional planets.

Research Points (RP):
RP are used for researching things. Usually either AP or CP can be converted to RP; however, during some of your actions you may receive extra RP as a reward and this must be used for research.

Trade Points (TP):
TP are used for anything. They are separated from the other point-types because they are earned and lost in a much more direct way - trade routes and the Trade tech level. Loosing a route - even temporarily - can cause you to loose these points. Trade routes are created by sending out a trade fleet from a system in your territory to a nearby NPR or player system. A line will be drawn on the map to indicate the line the route follows; and this will be where unseen civilian ships from your nation ply to deliver trade goods to and from your systems. A reciprocal route may be created for 1/2 the FTL cost once a player/NPR establishes a route with you. Any enemy military Fleets moving along this line may blockade the line of all players along it temporarily by spending an AP to do so. Blockading the route will give them a roll on the prize table. They may destroy the route by A) Denying it at the destination system or B) Removing the player-territory of both endpoint systems; and will receive a number of rolls on the prize table equal to the number of segments removed.

Upkeep
Upkeep is what you need to pay to provide for your fleets. I may destroy a number of ships appropriate to lower your upkeep to a level you can afford if you fail to pay it; or I may (more likely) ask you what action you'd like to drop to cover it. It can be lowered with theLogistics tech or by having more planets and fewer FS.

The Map
Listed here are the basic units you are likely to see on the map.

Fleet Strength (FS)
FS is the basic unit by which your combat forces are measured. One point could mean one ship, one thousand ships, or one-tenth of a ship - that is up to you. As the moderator, I will only ever move what you tell me to move and destroy the number of FS that should be destroyed, so you may need to resolve your view of FS with moving (or loosing) half a ship. One CP/AP/TP builds one FS at any planet you own and specify. FS will be displayed as a number in your chosen color on the map. Building FS will increase your Upkeep cost, which can be lowered by loosing ships or by increasing your Logistics tech.

Planets:
Planets are represented as large white dots. You can control them, and if you do so your color will be hazed in around them. *NOTICE*: If your planets are separated from your territory by more space than your FS can cover in 1 round, they may go into "Decline." This may cause them to loose PI/PS or defect/surrender to other NPC's/Opponents. The rate at which they decline may be decided later, but will probably be effected by the strength of the system as a whole and the distance and duration of separation. They can have the following attributes added:

Planet Strength (PS)
PS is the measure of the military capacity of any planet you own. It is similar to FS in that it can represent a single huge missile launcher or ten-thousand ground troops, but I will deal only with the points directly so the nuances are up to you. One CP/AP/TP builds one PS at any planet you own and specify. PS does not cost upkeep, but does prevent full utilization of the planet for infrastructure. Planets with no PS may be captured without a fight. PS is represented by bright red and dull red dots on a planet - bright is 1 point and dull is 5 points.

Planet Industry (PI)
PI is the measure of the industrial capacity of any planet you own. It does not aid in combat, but does contribute to the number of points you receive each round. PI is taken as an average over all of your planets, so having one 45-point planet and 3 15-point planets is the same as having 4 23-point planets. Planets owned will also contribute a small amount to your CP.

Territory
Territory is the hazy background color on the map. It will attempt to match your chosen color, and each player's territory color and unit color are shown on the right. Your territory will always surround your planets, and may extend into empty space. Your fleets
can expand your territory. Trade routes and stations must reside within your territory.

Trade Routes
Trade routes are shown as lines of a player's color emanating from one player's territory and going to another's. If the territory on both ends changes hands, the route is destroyed. The route may be temporarily blockaded as well.

Hazards
These are shown on the right side of the map. If the symbol shows up in the system you have entered, a modified D20 roll will be made against that hazards' chart. Each hazard has one (or more) techs that may modify your result. To summarize the hazards and their chart results:
Asteroids: 13 or fewer total points will result in a loss of D6 ships. STL and Defense levels will be added to the roll (STL + Defense level of 12 or more grants immunity to Asteroids).
Cosmic: 17 or fewer total points will result in a loss of all ships. Quality level will be added to the roll (Quality of 16 grants immunity to Cosmic).
Pirates: 15 or fewer total points will result in a roll on the pirate table. Fleet size is considered instead of a roll (fleets of 15 or more will not be targeted).
War (hazard): 12 or fewer total points will result in a loss of D10 ships. Diplomacy or Defense levels will be added to the roll (Diplomacy or Defense higher than 12 will be immune to War hazards). War still breaks out, and your ships being directly targeted will not have immunity; this hazard is for fleets crossing war zones.

Artifacts
Artifacts, if found, may be brought back to your systems for +1TP each. They will remain in that system and may be taken away. You may only store 1 per system.

Stations
Stations are researched objects that give various benefits. You must research Stations before building any of them. These platforms are considered to have 5 'health' * your Stations tech level. Level 2 "Stations" would have 10 health, level 3 15, etc. Station health will be displayed by a number of red pixels on the station, and their owner will be represented by the colored area as shown on the map. Stations may be captured by reducing them to 0 'health' or destroyed by using bombardment or launch on them, and cannot fight as planets do (except the fortress). They will use the FS modifier for purposes of determining how much damage they take when attacked. Stations can only be owned in systems where you hold territory. Individual station's levels govern their effect, and not their health (i.e.: You have "stations 1" and a research station level 2. That station has 5 health, but produces 2 RP).

Combat
Combat is done by comparing the modified size of the units involved. FS and PS both have techs that improve their combat modifiers - Weapons and Defenses, Planet Quality and Fleet quality. What goes into modifiers will not be revealed, though Modifiers may be found out under certain circumstances (spying).

FS & PS also have techs that improve their capability against planets - PS has launch and FS has bombardment. Launch allows you to do 1 damage per level to another planet/fleet in-system, once per turn/planet; bombardment adds 1 to the fleet's attack modifier against planets per level. Both are less precise than using standard modifiers, and will result in damage to infrastructure (1:1 PS/PI in the case of planets, Stations may be destroyed).

Capture: FS cannot normally be captured, but planets and stations can. A planet with no PS is walk-up capturable; a station must be lowered to 0 health without using bombardment. Stations (except Fortresses) will go back up to full-strength when no longer under attack (when the fleet attacking them leaves the system). Fortresses will get the controlling-player's station-level of health back, but will loose any additional health they had.

Planets can be harder targets than fleets.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:02:32 pm by Me2005 »
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Holy Thunder

• Founder
Re: Galactic War: Season 2!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 04:41:07 pm »
If it's okay, I'd actually like A17.

Holy Thunder / Gaius Thunder, Archon of the Voltaran Sovereignty.

Voltaran Sovereignty (VS)

Homeworld: Voltara [A17]

Backstory: 

Near relatives to the Valencians of GW1, The Voltarans were also driven from their homes by a fierce evil force.  They left more deliberately, however, and chose to travel much farther than their kin.

Like their Valencian kin, the Voltarans are long-lived and technologically advanced. However, they are also much more assertive and deliberate than their  passive cousins--instead of seeking regional stability from the shadows, they intend from the beginning to create a stable and powerful nation.

They also have a more permanent and stable leadership. While Glimmerhad was elected High Executor after the ruling council consulted with oracles and supercomputers, Voltaran society coalesced into a successful duocracy before making their long journey. Queen Batira rules in civil matters regarding government, and Archon Thunder guides all aspects of the Voltaran defense.

The Voltarans' final destination shifted several times over the course of their journey. Eventually, Thunder settled on a bountiful home that showed no hostile aliens nearby--indeed, no aliens nearby of any variety.  Secure in this knowledge, he issued orders that the fleet's defensive technology be stripped and repurposed toward building Voltaran civil industry. The repurposed equipment provided capital for what was essentially a government-owned private enterprise, which would allow the Valencian Fleet to financially support itself. The taxpayers loved it, fleet personnel began serving profitable rotations in civilian endeavors, and the Archon received autonomy to develop fleet capabilities as he saw fit.  This sector of space was easily defensible, with plenty room to grow.

Soon, the Voltaran ships landed on their new home, and a formiddable nation began laying its foundation...

Tech: 

FTL: 2

STL: 1

Sensors: 1

Industry: 4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:42:12 am by Holy Thunder »
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 05:05:01 pm »
Niw / General Victor Merritt, Commanding officer of the Synarian commonwealth

Synarian Commonwealth (SC)

Homeworld: Terra Firma [Xi 33]

FTL 1
STL 1
Industry 3
Efficiency 3
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:58:23 pm by Niwantaw »
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 06:21:21 am »
Commander Jackson / Xander Fyrstar, Commander of the Deltan Defense Force

Deltan Federation (DF)

Homeworld: Phoenix's Stand [De66]

Backstory:

The Confederate Alliance of Transgalctic Systems was becoming worried about the rumors of an entity known as the Lightbringer.  They had received word of invasions that smashed the power of SDI.  In response they sent an expedition to YB33 to study a wormhole to obtain more information about this new threat.  The CAS Phoenix led the 5th Fleet on this mission.  They set up a base and began monitoring the wormhole for Lightbringer activity but it didn't help them when the invaders arrived.

The sudden invasion from the wormhole forced the 5th Fleet to evacuate incomplete base and fight for survival.  They fought a force that outnumbered them 4-1.  In the end they were forced to flee to the wormhole.  The CAS Phoenix took a hit to their propulsion system and stayed behind to cover the retreating ships.

As the surviving ships of the 5th Fleet entered the wormhole the Phoenix's warp core exploded.  The shockwave caused a spacial distortion that caused the wormhole to send the survivors on a one way trip to regions unknown regions of space.

Trapped without anyway to return home the remnant of the 5th Fleet found a planet that they named Phoenix's Stand in memory of the bravery of the crew of the Phoenix.  They established contact with the inhabitants of this planet and helped them progress technologically at an accelerated rate.

For many cycles they have remained isolated but now they have recovered FTL technology and will finally begin to explore this new galaxy.

FTL Lvl 1 - 4
STL Lvl 1 - 4
Sensors Lvl 1 - 4
Efficiency Lvl 3 - 12
Industry Lvl 1 - 4
Diplomacy Lvl 1 - 4

@Niwantaw unless I have miscounted you have spent 36 for your research.  We are only supposed to spend 32 at this moment.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:41:53 pm by Commander Jackson »
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 11:07:37 am »
I'd like to get started today accepting actions if possible, and need your profiles updated and any newcomer (or returning - Thadius...?) profiles added.

You'll have 1 FS, 2 PI/PS, with 1 AP and 3 CP to start. No upkeep this round, but it's because it's less than 1 and AP is actually slightly more than 1.

HT will have 1/7 and Niw 3/6 based off their tech picks.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:25:30 pm by Me2005 »
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:44:33 pm »
Post Updated.  I don't know why I force myself to type these things on my phone...

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 11:30:15 am »
Post Updated.  I don't know why I force myself to type these things on my phone...

...And you get 3/5. And you're a madman; typing an action post on your phone doesn't seem like it'd be too bad, but all that is crazy.

Rules are mostly intact inside the spoiler on the OP.

And with that, we've Started Galactic War - Season 2!

Your fledgling nations have just recently discovered (or rediscovered) FTL technology and basic sublight drives. You are now reaching out to explore the galaxy, and have just completed construction on your first star fleet (FS1). This is a hostile universe, with untold threats - and untold riches.

How will you interact with it?

Actions due Thursday! (If not earlier- I'll accept them today!)

Results:

AP:1

CP:7

TP:0

RP:0

FS:1

PI:2

PS:2

Deltan Federation (DF)

AP:3

CP:5

CP:6

FS: 1

PI: 2

PS: 2

FYI - if you didn't read the rules section, RP are "research points" and can be awarded. Thus, they have a category, and that category is the only one that works the way it does - if you use RP for anything, they go away. You can convert any other kind of point to RP for immediate use that turn, but you can only keep them turn-to-turn when they are awarded.

Ed: The map is attached. Opening in paint should allow you to read it (GIMP is a nice freeware alternative too). Key is included on the map (major improvement). All your stuff starts in one system, and I've given you the benefit of the doubt and allowed you visibility in your entire home system. To see outside player-controlled systems, you'll need to either send FS blind (which will then use your sensor level outside the system) or upgrade your sensors. Future systems will receive a permanent sensor ping over any planets you own.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:50:20 pm by Me2005 »

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 07:58:52 pm »
GWv2-Round 1

Deltan Federation (DF)

Actions

-Build FS 1 [De66-1] - CP 1

-Build PI 2 [De66-1] - CP 2

-Build PS 1 [De66-1] - CP 1

-Research: Industry 2 - AP 3, CP 1

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:09:40 pm by Commander Jackson »

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 01:08:56 am »

SC

- Move 1FS to lambda 34 center. (1FTL/1STL) 1AP

- Build PI Xi 33 4 CP

- Research efficiency 4 2AP 2CP

To boldly go where no Synarian has gone before. That is where they must go.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
     Put together.

Holy Thunder

• Founder
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 08:54:20 am »
VS

7 CP, 1 AP (8 points total)

Improve Efficiency:  8 points

CJ, love your RP tying this to GW 1. :)
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 03:52:03 pm »
And with that, we've finished the first round!

Actions still due Thursday, unless you don't get them in!

Results:

Efficiency level 2 researched

Upkeep: 1

Deltan Federation (DF)

1 FS built

2 PI Built

1 PS Built

Researched Industry 2

Upkeep: 1 - ships are expensive, probably build up some PI, research logistics, and colonize additional planets before building too many.

AP:4

FS:2

PI:4

PS:3

FS moved - it did not die, but that's basically all you know, since you have level 0 sensors  :-X

4 PI built at Xi33b

Efficiency 4 Researched

Upkeep: 0

AP:6

CP:8

PI: 6

No visible NPR actions.

Upkeep: You choose where you want to take it out of.

Ship Building: Not advised this early, they cost more than last time. The 1-2 you guys have won't hurt, but many more without planets/PI to back them up and you'll start feeling it.

Sensors: If you look at the map, there is no sensor level 0, so you can't see anything if you don't have level 1. I'll highlight your unit so you know where it is, and resolve issues you may/may not get into by flying blind normally, as though your ship can see what's going on in its immediate vicinity (i.e.: being attacked). You can still STL to planet locations using lower-case letters; 'a' is the top middle. I'll highlight a planet if you're orbiting it.

And I think that's it for this round; I like the way CJ formatted his post best but all of the posts were 100% understandable.

Onward!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:01:03 pm by Me2005 »

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Holy Thunder

• Founder
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 04:50:34 pm »
VS

3 AP, 7 CP: 10 points total.

4 points--research Efficiency 3.

4 points--research Industry 5.

2 points--Build 2 PI.

I'm going to be building a lot, so if it's ok I'm just going to reference "points" unless I'm using AP specifically.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 05:06:52 pm »
GWv2-Round 2

Deltan Federation (DF)

Actions
AP 4/CP 7
Upkeep: CP -1

-Move FS 2 from [De66] to [De64] - AP 1

-Build PI 3 [De66-1] - CP 3

-Build PS 2 [De66-1] - CP 2

-Research: Industry 3 - CP 1, AP 3

RP:
Spoiler
(Excerpt From Speech)

...the path to the stars is open once again...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:11:57 pm by Commander Jackson »

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 05:44:30 pm »
SC

AP:6 CP 8

- Build 5 PI @ XI 33 4 CP 1AP

- research Efficiency 5 4CP

- Research a bloody window (AKA Research Sensors 1) 4AP

- Move fleet From Lambda 34 center to Lambda 34a 1AP

To boldly put windows on spaceships to actually be able to see. Because boldly going places is much more interesting when you can actually see.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:50:48 pm by Niwantaw »

Put together.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »
And with that, we've finished 2 rounds!

Actions due Monday!

Results:

Efficiency level 3 researched

Industry level 5 researched

1 PI built

1 PI not built to pay upkeep cost - normally, you choose where it comes out of; I'll just let you know you have it ;)

AP:4

PI:3

Deltan Federation (DF)

Fleet Moved - Warning! Asteroid field detected! (16+2) Ships received no damage (note that I'm also letting everyone have a few 'free retreat' turns, so had that gone poorly, you'd just have been forced to return). Your teny-tiny sensor capabilities just show the corner of one of the asteroids to the left of your fleet.

FS Built

PI Built - upkeep reduced to 0

PS Built

Industry 3 researched

AP:5

FS:2

PI:4

PS:3

PI built

Efficiency 5 researched

Sensors 1 researched

FS moved - your fleet is now in orbit around the (uninhabited) first planet of the Lambda 34 system.

AP:7

CP:9

PI: 6

Niw - your Isolationist friends' fleet left the system (and then they built a new one).

Upkeep: You choose where you want to take it out of. As all of you have now found out, it is influenced by the ratio of FS to PI and planets you have. More PI = lower upkeep costs.

Sensors: You guys have tiny sensor ranges. Upgrading them will improve your ability to scout tremendously.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:34:37 pm by Me2005 »

I know who you are.

You are destiny.