Author Topic: Today's (randomish) development resource! (September 4th)  (Read 2122 times)

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
Today's (randomish) development resource! (September 4th)
« on: September 04, 2013, 11:56:42 pm »
Today's Tweets:
Aaron: So, Zack and Gabe spent the past couple days integrating our new state manager for the UI.  Gabe's about halfway done with it atm.

Aaron:  While doing the Options menu UI we were quickly realizing the old state manager was going to become a burden in a hurry.

Aaron: What this means is windows, menus, interfaces will all be clean and orderly, something that benefits both us and future BR modders.

Puzzle:

This week's code puzzle took me 5 minutes and 2 seconds to solve! How fast can *you* solve it?  :o

provided by flash-gear.com

Snapshot Disclaimer:
Spoiler
These daily development screenshots are just for fun during the engine overhauling doldrums; they do not represent anything that's in-game (we want surprises!) and come without explanation (guess away for fun!).  Regardless of what you see or think you see, just remember that our focus for the upcoming W1xx release is solely a stable, reliable multiplayer engine that will be ready when "Build, Fly, Shoot" is working appropriately.

So keep your expectations in check and have fun!  ::)
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
Re: Today's (randomish) development resource! (September 4th)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 11:39:17 am »
4:39.908

With about a minute of trying to get the frame to stick to the back of the window. :P

elijahpederson

• Founder
  • Matter matters
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:52:42 am »
I've given up on the puzzles, i just look at them a bit and say "Oh some more code i won't even understand" and move on.

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 12:18:14 pm »
Eh, It is nice to make them. I don't understand the code either, but it is nice to see some references to dev stuff in it.
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 02:04:36 pm »
I've given up on the puzzles, i just look at them a bit and say "Oh some more code i won't even understand" and move on.

It's our way of showing that code is being done. =)

Perhaps we should have a light explanation of what the code is doing in the puzzle as well.
Stop by the IRC and say Hi! -- Online Dev Chat