Author Topic: Today's (randomish) development resource! (August 27th)  (Read 713 times)

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
Today's (randomish) development resource! (August 27th)
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:39:25 pm »
Today's Tweets:
Aaron: Yesterday all of ZanMgt had to take a day off to attend to family matters.

Aaron: Today Zack worked on further restoring thruster functionality in MP. We've got a few tweaks here and there but want to keep it simple

Aaron: Nathan had to resolve some issues with billboards.  Helps Zack to debug by displaying full text in 3D-Space upon firing thrusters!

Aaron: Meanwhile I've revised the multiplayer server browser design to fit more in line with the new looks (despite the same layout).

Aaron: Unfortunately Gabe and I weren't able to finish the options menu today, as other fires had to be put out. Made good progress on it =)

Aaron: We'll probably get more creative with the MP server browser as time goes on, but we like the current layout for its simpleness.

Aaron: Gabe worked on state logic and generally cleaned up a bunch of unneeded classes.  If something's an irritant UI-wise, G kills it. >:|

Snapshot:

Disclaimer:
Spoiler
These daily development screenshots are just for fun during the engine overhauling doldrums; they do not represent anything that's in-game (we want surprises!) and come without explanation (guess away for fun!).  Regardless of what you see or think you see, just remember that our focus for the upcoming W1xx release is solely a stable, reliable multiplayer engine that will be ready when "Build, Fly, Shoot" is working appropriately.

So keep your expectations in check and have fun!  ::)

Commander Jackson

• Founder
Re: Today\'s (randomish) development resource! (August 27th)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 10:46:32 pm »
SPACE GUN!!!!

Automatic Post Merge: August 27, 2013, 10:47:16 pm
Wait....

Lightsaber handle?
"I don't believe in the no-win scenario."
Admiral James T. Kirk

Commander in the Deltan Federation [DF]

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Leader of the S.D.I and CEO of 301st industries
    • 301st Corp
Re: Today's (randomish) development resource! (August 27th)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 11:51:38 pm »
Looks like that sloped peice would be a type of integral scope much like si fi guns
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

whyistheskyblue

• Founder
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:34 am »
Dynamo torch?

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 11:50:02 am »
Looks like a forearm armor greeble to me.
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 07:49:50 pm »
"Set blasters to *kill*!"

*pew, pew, pew, pew!*

I had to write that hah hah!

Looks kind of like a section of the Halo CE shot gun, kind of.