Author Topic: Today's (randomish) development resource! (August 21st)  (Read 826 times)

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
Today's (randomish) development resource! (August 21st)
« on: August 21, 2013, 10:05:10 pm »
Today's Tweets:

Aaron: Ugh, the things we sometimes find gumming up the works... stupid surfaces getting overwritten... >.<

Aaron: Gabe and I decided to get a standardized dialog window all tidied up today before hitting the Options menu.  It's convenient! =)

Aaron: Nathan nailed an issue (you may recall in W28) where back sides of transparent frame blocks would show lighting from the other side.

Aaron: It's nice to eliminate these old rendering issues while we pass along. =)

Puzzle:

This week's code puzzle only took me 3 minutes and 14 seconds!  I might need to make the next one intentionally more difficult.   :-X

How fast can *you* solve it?  :o

Snapshot Disclaimer:
Spoiler
These daily development screenshots are just for fun during the engine overhauling doldrums; they do not represent anything that's in-game (we want surprises!) and come without explanation (guess away for fun!).  Regardless of what you see or think you see, just remember that our focus for the upcoming W1xx release is solely a stable, reliable multiplayer engine that will be ready when "Build, Fly, Shoot" is working appropriately.

So keep your expectations in check and have fun!  ::)

DiscK

• Founder
  • Bigger on the Inside.
Re: Today's (randomish) development resource! (August 21st)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:31:49 pm »
Solved in 3 minutes 13 seconds no bullshit.
If the next person solves in 3 minutes and 11 seconds I'm going to kill someone.
"430rhgq3wr0g8hwroeihremaontweoittitsuoefaoinbrigroarg"
- Anonymous

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
Re: Today's (randomish) development resource! (August 21st)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 03:58:38 pm »
3:15.745

You win this time, space monkeys!