Author Topic: Today's (randomish) development resource! (August 14th)  (Read 839 times)

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
Today's (randomish) development resource! (August 14th)
« on: August 14, 2013, 06:27:39 pm »
Today's Tweets:

Aaron: Another day, another bunches of fixes, UI, and texture work!

Aaron: Zack dug into our deferred renderer and cleaned a bunch of it up, mostly to make Insight stop its incessant crashing.

Aaron: Turns out an old cleverness of Nathan's doesn't play well.  He had used a red-only channel for the depth maps when it's expecting RGB

Aaron: Gabe and I are thoroughly enjoying all of the hard work that was done on UI.  What would have taken weeks now takes days (at most!).

Aaron: How Gabe and I feel about doing UI in the new engine...

Puzzle:

Maybe it was all the green, but I was able to nail this puzzle in 4 minutes and 46 seconds! How fast can *you* solve it?  :o

Snapshot Disclaimer:
Spoiler
These daily development screenshots are just for fun during the engine overhauling doldrums; they do not represent anything that's in-game (we want surprises!) and come without explanation (guess away for fun!).  Regardless of what you see or think you see, just remember that our focus for the upcoming W1xx release is solely a stable, reliable multiplayer engine that will be ready when "Build, Fly, Shoot" is working appropriately.

So keep your expectations in check and have fun!  ::)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:39:07 pm by Aaron »

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
Re: Today's (randomish) development resource! (August 14th)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 07:54:44 pm »
3:21.598

Sorry Aaron, not giving up this hat that easily.

The green colour gradient coupled with the square code blocks made it a stack 'em and rack 'em job.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 08:21:08 pm »
3~ish. but I forgot to start the timer so that's just a guess based on the how much  of the background music played :P (2:30 min into a song that started just after i started the puzzle :P)
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Aaron

• BR Developer
  • Creative Director, ZanMgt
  • Available on the IRC from 9:00am to 5:00pm (EST)
    • http://www.zanmgt.com
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 08:24:52 pm »
So... perhaps a new winner!?  (Not that we can ascertain validity in any meaningful way) ;D

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 08:40:32 pm »
So... perhaps a new winner!?  (Not that we can ascertain validity in any meaningful way) ;D
He can keep the hat :P

I shall disqualify myself for vagueness
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger