Author Topic: Galactic War: Meta-Thread  (Read 23100 times)

Holy Thunder

• Founder
Re: Galactic War: Meta-Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2013, 01:16:21 pm »
Me, you still there with us?
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 04:37:41 pm »
Me, you still there with us?
He said that he wouldn't be able to update it on thursday but he said that he would be able to update it on monday.

Automatic Post Merge: May 18, 2013, 04:37:59 pm
For just this one time.
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 11:29:46 am »
Yep, still here, just even busier than expected. Full update should come today, if it doesn't, as long as you're doing diceless upgrades/building/developing you'll be fine to post new actions for Thursday.

Edit: Knock knock, anyone home? Actions are due tomorrow and only axis has posted :\
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:50:48 pm by Me2005 »
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Hufer

• Founder
  • I have a Geary Complex.
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 09:59:06 am »
@Thadius Once again, please try to keep questions to the Meta Thread.

No, people aren't getting two turns, Me2005 went away for a week and allowed us to post multiple actions as he'd miss the monday turn. My personal schedule caused me to miss this Thursday's turn so I stated that the turn was "Delayed."

Automatic Post Merge: May 24, 2013, 10:00:56 am
Yep, still here, just even busier than expected. Full update should come today, if it doesn't, as long as you're doing diceless upgrades/building/developing you'll be fine to post new actions for Thursday.

Edit: Knock knock, anyone home? Actions are due tomorrow and only axis has posted :\

The hop between tuesday information posting and thursday deadline was a little much despite the amount of time between them, I'd give it a bit for people to get their actions in or possibly PM the offending parties after another day or two.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:00:56 am by Hufer »

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2013, 11:49:12 am »
And another messed up week due to the Memorial Day weekend. Sorry about that; I'll continue to be lenient with deadlines. Actions due Thursday or 2x by Monday. I'll try to update both days regardless.
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Leader of the S.D.I and CEO of 301st industries
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2013, 11:51:44 am »
Waiting for results of last round and map update.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2013, 11:50:29 pm »
Why is all information pertaining to Strait Raider beyond his current reasearch unknown?

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2013, 08:37:49 am »
I don't think he really joined the game. He did not provide any information on his system or a location
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 03:31:03 pm »
Why is all information pertaining to Strait Raider beyond his current reasearch unknown?

I put that up there half as a joke. If he wants in, he didn't give any information about how he's in other than researching 'hufflepuff,' which I've determined to be a very high-level item. A fantastical space-faring race would be welcomed though (one that used wizzard-power to ply the stars).

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2013, 05:15:22 am »
I'm pretty sure hes researching to make the pokemon Hufflepuff

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2013, 11:45:22 am »
I'm pretty sure hes researching to make the pokemon Hufflepuff

Well, and here the first thing that came up on my google search was the wizardry school. I'd need to figure out the cost for a pokemon version and get clarification from Strait.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2013, 12:11:39 pm »
Hufflepuff is actually a house in hogwarts. But yeah that would take a long time.

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2013, 06:12:59 pm »
The only hufflepuff I know about is the Hogwarts Hufflepuff.

Hufer

• Founder
  • I have a Geary Complex.
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2013, 01:57:07 am »
Huff'n'Puff, boss from Paper Mario.

THE FEELS

THE NOSTALGIC FEELS

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 05:01:39 pm »
So, I've redrawn my spreadsheet, and I'm wondering if I'd meet resistance to switching to it over the current one. It's easier for me to use (and for me to use to report back to you), the rules for getting AP make more sense and are less likely to make you loose AP when other players develop (should curb kingmaker situations, which are allowed in the current set). The trick? It adds upkeep for large fleets.

Under the new setup, this is the AP everyone would get:

Hufer                          3.7 <- Has a huge fleet
Axis48                        3.4
Komrade                    5.8
Holy Thunder             5.7
Tadius Faran              5.4
The Error                   5.7
Commander Jackson  7.0

To go into some more detail; it allows for trade improvements and limits the effect of non-AP-producing tech on your AP value (right now I think something totally random actually gives you more AP, just like industrial upgrades). It also makes systems way easier to figure out - 1 AP/level and there's no level limit. I'll reimburse or use all the AP you've spent upgrading systems if you accept the upgrade.

On my end, it makes everything a simple value (Each upgrade is just +1 to that tech, which corresponds to your level in that tech) rather than the decimal value per level based on research trees that it is now; and it combines all of your AP bonuses (which none of you have used) into one place. It is also nice that you shouldn't significantly drop AP unless you build a huge fleet or loose all your planets or something - systems have less effect than they did. Wondering what to do with the decimals? I'll probably round to nearest (everyone has 6 but Hufer and Axis who have 4 each).

If it'd make you feel better, I'll drop the overhead costs, but that doesn't do much except for Hufer (UK 1.63) and Commander Jackson (UK .88), the two highest upkeep holders. Frankly, I like the upkeep - it deters you guys from building up huge FS stores until you've got a better system base.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:12:04 pm by Me2005 »

I know who you are.

You are destiny.