Author Topic: Battleship Craft--A great BR Parallel  (Read 13287 times)

Holy Thunder

• Founder
Re: Battleship Craft--A great BR Parallel
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 09:59:05 am »
More effective anti-sub measures would definitely be great. It's definitely a money racket--your Mk45's can be upgraded to mow down incoming planes like so much grass, but it'll cost you a $9 radar piece.

I've taken a bit of a break from the grinding, the choppiness of my elderly phone eventually got to me. I'll probably revisit after I get whatever they're selling next.

Although, I'm up to 42 planes on 6 runways, 10 Mk45's, and 12 of the 46cm guns. Thunder Hammer is a veritable beast.

Stats on it: 105m wide, 310 m long, and 44.5 m high with a 20.5 m draft. It has a sight range of 33.8 km.

173,563 HP with maybe 12 in-line angled boilers, delivering a top speed of 86.2 knots.

Average armor is 904 MJ (mega-joules), with a total toughness (hit points) of 5,819.1 GJ (giga-joules). Despite this, density is only 0.4 g/m^3,  or about 40% the density of water.

Official attack strength, probably the combined attack power of all my planes and guns: 167,836.9 MW (mega-watts). I guess if we simplified that, it would be 167.8 GW.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:12:04 am by Holy Thunder »
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2013, 07:14:46 pm »
Got the Yamato - it comes with 3x trip-46.5's, 2x trip-40's, a boatload (~30) of 12.7's (instead of the AA guns shown in the duel) and numerous other small emplacements; in addition to at least one of the spotter towers (I think there's two; but that might be the duel version). I'm working out the actual cost of the parts for the ship, but those alone are 475,500; not including the hull, engines, decorations, and other weapons that it has.

It's numbers were 2,200; 2,200, 300, and 100: I think that's strength/toughness/armor/stability. Not so great compared to my destroyer (from the tutorial I linked earlier) that I added tri-hulls to - 3600, 2,200, 800, and 300. I could be the comp. Y with my Y, but then I disarmed it and used the armament for my ship. I'll probably hijack the whole thing when I get to feeling like it and use it to build something better.

And got the Enterprise, just to see whether my theory holds up. It doesn't, the Enterprise costs 300,000 but is worth 225,000 or so. Don't buy it.

I've got a PT boat that is basically the hydrofoil with the foil parts cut off that goes 120 knots now and can take the Scorpius II (the PT uses mk 45-5's). I'm working on rebuilding the Yamato into a carrier/battleship, I found out that it comes with 6x6x2 400mm armor plates that you can't buy and it's a great hull shape. The hull is worth something like 200,000 empty.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:06:27 pm by Me2005 »
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 12:44:05 pm »
And there is now a new update. Adds in 3 missions - night duel level 3 (Yamato - timed), and airbase 1 & 2. They are 3500-9000; Airbase 2 should really be more valuable than aircraft carrier 2 though as you've got 50+ planes filling the sky as they come at you - my main battleship can sink AC2 in less than 3 on the clock, but can't get close enough to hit AB2 before being sunk/disabled. The base itself is pretty weak, but I'm yet to beat it since my first attempt with my submarine ended in my getting sunk due to stupidity after the base was about to capsize. Since it starts out 40km away, it takes forever to get to engagement range in a sub. The funniest thing is that I beat AB1 with a small, <$50,000 hull PT boat armed with 4 torp-A's, 4 mk45-5's, and 6 AA guns by going really fast, shooting down as many of the aircraft as I could, avoiding the torp. planes, and then blasting the base with my torps/mk45's. Still less $/min than taking the AC2 though, so once I've got 3 stars I probably won't play it again.

The update also adds some weapons (quad 38) and gives you 5 rare metal for upgrading and opening the game. It adds a "phyzios" splash screen, enhances the shop renders across the board for all parts (and they're all the same style now, which is nice), and adds the rare-metal phalanx. I believe some of the weapons are balanced differently, but I'm not sure - the 45-5 shoots every 5 seconds now, which seems slow. Worthwhile, but doesn't address any of the problems I have - I want more involved missions (with terrain to sail around, ships to sink/avoid sinking/defend, support ships like frigates/pt boats, roles where you should have control of different ships to do well, linked missions...), better paying missions (grinding AC2 5x to get one plane/mk45-5 is a pain; there should be missions that pay that much), and better overall balance (change the current "submarines > aircraft > battleships;" the name of the game is "battleship craft," battleships should be the focus. Going too modern is going to make it into "carrier craft").
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:28:10 pm by Me2005 »
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Holy Thunder

• Founder
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2013, 05:05:51 pm »
I liked the new graphics; beating airbase 1 wasn't too bad, but AB2 is still just nasty. I spent $2 and got the missile with my extra rare metal. It's pretty cool, you can turn it on and off. At 2000 MJ per hit it's pretty handy, but with limited ammo. The CPU banks hard to one side when you shoot missiles at it, and they only have a limited ability to follow evading ships.

If I'd spent that 8 Rare Metal on fighters, I'd have 3 stars on AB 2. That is one tough fight.
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2013, 12:35:20 pm »
I liked the new graphics; beating airbase 1 wasn't too bad, but AB2 is still just nasty. I spent $2 and got the missile with my extra rare metal. It's pretty cool, you can turn it on and off. At 2000 MJ per hit it's pretty handy, but with limited ammo. The CPU banks hard to one side when you shoot missiles at it, and they only have a limited ability to follow evading ships.

If I'd spent that 8 Rare Metal on fighters, I'd have 3 stars on AB 2. That is one tough fight.

I'm *still* trying to get all the stars on that one with any ship; my submarine sinks right before/after sinking AB2 and I get no stars for it. I think I finally got my new battleship (5? 6? big guns, several 40"ers, bombers, and 7-8 45-5's) in and out ok and got 1 star. That level needs to be more like 15-20K credits for how hard it is and how long it takes (when that same ship can take little/no damage on AC2 and win in 3 in-game minutes...).

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2016, 04:33:50 pm »
...And after the original developer's stopping development and apparently dropping the game, a new clone emerges! Behold, Warship Craft!

Better in many ways, the same in most, worse in some. The pay-to-play stuff still is unavailable to free players, the grind is a bear, but you can buy more of the weapons with in-game currency instead of special currency.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.