Author Topic: Black Moon PMC Shipyards (New Ships Released! 4/5/14)  (Read 33579 times)

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Old Veteran
    • 301st Corp
Re: Black Moon PMC Shipyards (SB Yamato build update 24/4/13)
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2013, 07:06:34 am »
Cool it Erebus. It was  suggustion not a demand. If he belives in perfecting a design by building it many times over then he can. I find that the more you do things the better you get at them.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2013, 03:03:12 pm »
I don't think I expressed my self clearly :P

Although Thadious understood it even better.

I suggested a complete re-do to the design if he ran in to structural problems (what I think MrVorga saw). And as personal experience with my own ships. A complete redo is a viable option due to newly gained experience with your personal ship building technique.

Of course not every one will be willing to start all over again :P. This is what happened to me:

-*Run through all the ship looking for errors*
-*See error*
-*See if I can fix it*
-*Fix it but doesn't not look good with the rest of the ship*
-*"Ah crap" moment"*
-*stare at it for possibly an hour"
-*rage quit*
-*come back the next day ready to tackle the ship again*
- *Take the big decision to rebuild it*
- *End up with an even better looking ship*

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 07:46:45 am »
You are missing the under-body control/landing bay thing, the fins, a few guns at the rear... okay I could go on and on (Gotta find that model for you... not going so well :( ), personally the light plate is eh, it isn't true to the ships nature which is probably what makes it eh, also those barrels look thick (might just be the angle), also any high rez pics?

Haha, yes i know, i'm not done in any way. I still have work to do, although i may resize her by cutting her in half and doing a half block mirror to allow for 3 block thick barrels.

Automatic Post Merge: April 28, 2013, 07:57:11 am
I don't think I expressed my self clearly :P

Although Thadious understood it even better.

I suggested a complete re-do to the design if he ran in to structural problems (what I think MrVorga saw). And as personal experience with my own ships. A complete redo is a viable option due to newly gained experience with your personal ship building technique.

Of course not every one will be willing to start all over again :P. This is what happened to me:

-*Run through all the ship looking for errors*
-*See error*
-*See if I can fix it*
-*Fix it but doesn't not look good with the rest of the ship*
-*"Ah crap" moment"*
-*stare at it for possibly an hour"
-*rage quit*
-*come back the next day ready to tackle the ship again*
- *Take the big decision to rebuild it*
- *End up with an even better looking ship*

Oh trust me, I deleted entire sections at least 15 times during the finalizing of her hull. What you see (the hull) is the fruit of an exacting design process that has not a single block out of place. I quadruple checked each sector before making changes or adding more on. There are no critical hull and structural issues at the moment, so a re-do is not in order.

Mind you, i'm not at all done (i'm taking a break and playing Kerbal Space Program, really fun game.) I still have to finalize the primary bridge, begin the secondary bridge, figure out a turret design or get one modeled, and then slap on the turrets, then tack on the frilly bits like fins and things. And anyways, I should have said to ignore the proto-turrets, they're so damn ugly.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 07:57:11 am by RoflTankFTW »
Operator of Black Moon PMC Shipyards
http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=1833.0

"Before all else, be armed"-Nicollo Machiavelli

Holy Thunder

• Founder
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2013, 03:49:37 pm »
Umm...yeah mostly I was being ironic given the previous comment about terrible things happening to those who complained of the paint scheme. Side with Vorgra, the non-light-plate was better.  :o
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.

regulator

• Spacer
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2013, 04:25:54 pm »
Its this right? http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/space-battleship-yamato/

I dont know about just taking a Minecraft build and copying it 1:1

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2013, 07:33:27 pm »
Its this right? http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/space-battleship-yamato/

I dont know about just taking a Minecraft build and copying it 1:1

Yes. And I specified that I was using it as a blueprint. Except mine is going to have angles and a functional interior. Since I couldn't find a voxel model of the SB Yamato, using his build and crediting him with the hull design does no harm, seeing as how i'm still paying him credit and yet improving it with my own additions. Assuming I ever finish it that is.

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
Re: Black Moon PMC Shipyards (Tellurn released!)
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2013, 03:53:31 am »
Ship - Released
Thread - Shamelessly Bumped
RoflTankFTW - Returned
Post Merge - Awaiting Completion

(Is thread bumping your own thread against the rules or what? Cause it's kinda too late, and I read the rules but didn't see anything on it.)

Hufer

• Founder
  • I have a Geary Complex.
Re: Black Moon PMC Shipyards (Tellurn released! 22/7/13)
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2013, 03:21:31 pm »
Thread bumping is an integral part of keeping your ship thread up to date even if the last post was yours.

On a side note I still thing the Vanguard Battlecruiser is absolutely amazing and would be willing and wanting to trade any of my designs (minus Aristotle) just to open it up and take a crack at some overhaul work. If you'd rather not I'd completely understand.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Old Veteran
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2013, 06:54:24 pm »
Even the daring? I better build something good enough that you say that to me!
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Hufer

• Founder
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2013, 04:51:12 am »
Even the daring? I better build something good enough that you say that to me!

Yes, but this would be a trade in technology rather than free information, it would be well worth it to crack open that sweet hull... *drools*

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2013, 09:28:18 am »
Yes, but this would be a trade in technology rather than free information, it would be well worth it to crack open that sweet hull... *drools*

Well I'll be damned, I didn't think one of my designs would attract such a well-established ship builders eye.

I'll tell you what, once the 1xx update drops, i'll do a re-fit on the (rather crude) internals, and i'll give er to ya free of charge. Just be sure that if you crack er open and do your own refit afterwards, ya give me some credit. :P

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Old Veteran
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2013, 10:32:32 am »
It seems you out did yourself Rofl. Congrats!

Hufer

• Founder
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2013, 03:03:13 pm »

Well I'll be damned, I didn't think one of my designs would attract such a well-established ship builders eye.

I'll tell you what, once the 1xx update drops, i'll do a re-fit on the (rather crude) internals, and i'll give er to ya free of charge. Just be sure that if you crack er open and do your own refit afterwards, ya give me some credit. :P

I wouldn't dream of not giving you credit for such a simplistic marvel, and to think that was one of your earlier designs.

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
Re: Black Moon PMC Shipyards (New Fighters released! 8/6/13)
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2013, 03:03:54 pm »
Ok, so i'm starting work on... Well I dunno what it exactly is. It's part station, part carrier, part Flak barge, and part supply yard/fuel refinery.

Anyways, I should finish it in a couple of days if I get around to actually working on it some more. :P

Holy Thunder

• Founder
Re: Black Moon PMC Shipyards (New Fighters released! 8/6/13)
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2013, 07:04:13 am »
So...my last few comments on here had been without any real review of the actual ships you've built. Went back and looked at them...those are really some of the finest looking ships I've seen on here at all. Not just that they're pretty, but they look reasonably functional. A lot of the ships on here are aesthetically pleasing, but look like they'd only barely function in a fight.

The Vangard is nice, but the Oblivion cruiser is actually my favorite.
--Trespassers will be promptly riddled with bullets and other unpleasant projectiles.

--Survivors will treated with apologies, steak dinner, and a VIP tour of our facilities.