Author Topic: Black Moon PMC Shipyards (New Ships Released! 4/5/14)  (Read 24787 times)

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
Re: Black Moon PMC Shipyards
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 10:18:52 am »
Alright, so more on topic: I didn't feel like making a new reply, but i'm working on my Uber-Secret project right now, and its getting near 50 on the Enormity scale (and the structure isn't even at 50% completion)... And it's starting to cause violent lag. Anyone know how I can further optimize the game so I can finish this beast? I already turned down the resolution, turned graphics to bare minimum... got nothing else i can do as far as I know.

Shoving BR onto it's own core used to get a handful of frames but other than that just try to look at as little of the ship as possible.

However you're likely to hit the will not load barrier before much longer. Syayauk hit it when it jumped to enorm. 68. (But that is a relatively square area due to the back wings) So unless it's quite narrow like the SH be ready for a wait.

They did say they made engine optimizations for the next update right? Maybe I can continue my project there... I mean, its literally half frame and still causing all that lag. Oh well, time to shelve it for now.
Operator of Black Moon PMC Shipyards
http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=1833.0

"Before all else, be armed"-Nicollo Machiavelli

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 05:18:29 pm »
they did indeed but the game is still a fair way from being truly optimised, I have a battleship onyx class that is 500m in length, while it's still buildable lag wise I honestly have no hope whatsoever that a ship that size will EVER be able to be used in BR for battles even when the game is fully optimised. with turrets, life support, reactors and crew all in one ship thats a significant processor drain, add in three or four ships that size and I honestly don't think the game would be playable.

so, while big ships are fun to build and look at I really don't think they're ever going to become functional.
Micah- Loving all the ships here Tarot!

PURPLE UNTO DEATH!!! (or maybe blue)

Erebus

• Founder
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 08:08:47 pm »
they did indeed but the game is still a fair way from being truly optimised, I have a battleship onyx class that is 500m in length, while it's still buildable lag wise I honestly have no hope whatsoever that a ship that size will EVER be able to be used in BR for battles even when the game is fully optimised. with turrets, life support, reactors and crew all in one ship thats a significant processor drain, add in three or four ships that size and I honestly don't think the game would be playable.

so, while big ships are fun to build and look at I really don't think they're ever going to become functional.

God I so hope not :(

Im wasting my time on a 600m ship and its going to be my pride and joy  :-\

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 08:33:01 am »

I know, I hope not either, I'm just thinking realistically, I REALLY want my Onyx class to fly  :( (and kill and maim etc.)
Micah- Loving all the ships here Tarot!

PURPLE UNTO DEATH!!! (or maybe blue)

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 10:49:29 am »

Geez, my Uber Project could fit that inside the front section and still have room to spare... I think I may have gone a little too big. Oh well, just have to hope that the engine is a lot better next update.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Leader of the S.D.I and CEO of 301st industries
    • 301st Corp
Re: Black Moon PMC Shipyards (Updated 31/3)
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 05:00:50 pm »
Nice mechs! Next some artillery and "Real" Tanks.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
Re: Black Moon PMC Shipyards (Updated 31/3)
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 07:00:18 pm »
Nice mechs! Next some artillery and "Real" Tanks.

Thanks! I actually have an idea for an SPG, and i'm trying to make a tank large enough to paint nicely but small enough to look plausible (even by my size standards. ;) )... They should both be out soon-ish.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
Re: Black Moon PMC Shipyards (Updated 3/4/13)
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 09:46:48 am »
Here is a good sized tank for you.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 12:49:30 pm »
Fatboys aren't exactly tanky tanks.

Spoiler

That however. Is a tanky tank
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 01:35:05 pm »
Fatboys aren't exactly tanky tanks.

Spoiler

That however. Is a tanky tank

That's not just any tank. That is the finest tank ever produced on the factories of Mars to bring righteous fury down upon the Emperor's enemies! THAT IS A BANEBLADE SUPER HEAVY TANK! Ill begin work at once, Blockade Runner needs a healthy dose of Warhammer 40k, be it ships or uber-tanks.

Rainman

• Founder
  • Loremaster
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 03:48:39 pm »
BBBEEEIIINNBLAAADESSSS?

My goodness, what a great idea. I look forward to seeing your rendition, Rofltank!

Just... Be sure not to misplace a hundred of them on your way between fabrication and posting in this thread. ;)
SCIENCE!
...IN SPAAAAAAAACE!

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 05:07:17 pm »
Made a first draft that looked really nice for trying to balance size and detail... then Blockade Runner crashed and I lost everything.

Gotta start from scratch. :(

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 06:19:40 pm »
"Act hurt" Awww no one want's a tank that builds smaller tanks? Ok.

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 04:40:34 am »
I noticed a lack of room for elevation on that tank (huge tank fanatic here so it better be fuckin perfect)
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 05:09:21 am »
I noticed a lack of room for elevation on that tank (huge tank fanatic here so it better be fuckin perfect)

Depends. If it's an artillery piece in the SPG sense then it would

but if it's an assault gun then it never needs to aim up much. Look at the Stug or other assault guns.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger