Author Topic: Building challenge! Build a NX class star trek ship.  (Read 4628 times)

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Leader of the S.D.I and CEO of 301st industries
    • 301st Corp
Building challenge! Build a NX class star trek ship.
« on: March 01, 2013, 08:14:56 am »
Whoever can build the best NX-01 will be declared the best star trek builder and will get a free S.D.I Assault Cruiser. To make this challenge harder it must be built in 0.70c. I will score based on originality (does it look right) useability (can it fly smoothly is it well armed to take on the Xindi and the expanse) and lastly size. Here is a picture to help you get started. I suggust you watch some episodes of star trek enterprise and look at pictures of the interior. Good luck.

Pm me if you accept my challenge and good luck if you do.

Alaric edit: Merged double post
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:04:58 pm by Alaric »
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
Re: Building challenge! Build a NX class star trek ship.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:01:52 am »
"Blows dust off thread" Wow so no one wants a go at this challenge? Thats sad I really thought I would get at least one entry.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 09:36:47 am »
Spoiler

;)
Micah- Loving all the ships here Tarot!

PURPLE UNTO DEATH!!! (or maybe blue)

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 02:22:38 pm »
Looking good!!! PM me a dropbox link and i'll go through it then give you a rating. Also what are the dimensions?

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 02:46:42 pm »
Amost Perfect to the designers dimensions, I'm about two or three over on the length 235 by 120  I believe it's a but wonky here and there the warp bit in the middle is too tall the warp Nacelles are too short at the back and the rest of the engine braces are not thin enough but aside from that it's pretty arcuate, I extended the shuttle bay  because the NX's bay is freeking tiny in the show.

It's not ready for viewing yet and I don't think I'll do the interior until we get some upgrades to the game

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 09:10:39 am »
Not to nitpick, but I think you oopsie'd your impulse engines. There should be 2 engines on the outside of the saucer, not one in the middle. (That, or I've gone completely insane)
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 10:42:09 am »
I didn't notice he did that. They are on the outside of the saucer in the show. but there are some in the middle to I think.

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 07:19:51 am »
Not to nitpick, but I think you oopsie'd your impulse engines. There should be 2 engines on the outside of the saucer, not one in the middle. (That, or I've gone completely insane)

yeah you've gone insane, don't worry happens to all of us. there are 4 impulse engines on the NX class two on the saucer and two on the engine strut beam thingys at the back of the ship. it's an old ship and doesn't have the super sexy weird red impulse engines you find on the galaxy class, so it makes up for it with numbers.

on the other side of the coin I have oopsied just about everything else, the saucer is too thick on the bottom, the engine strut thingies are two long, the nacelle struts are too short, the hanger is faaar too big (seriously it's freeking tiny in the show, it's nuts.) the weird square bit on the top saucer starts too low, etc. etc.

BUT It looks good and in my opinion that's all that matters (as well as being as accurate as possible to the given dimensions, which it is), I wish they would release the next update, the game keeps stripping random sections of plate off of my ships.

Spoiler
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:25:12 am by TarotDragoon »

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 10:38:03 pm »
You need to finish it so that you can give me the Brd. It can't be counted as an entry unless I have the Brd. However if I don't get another entry ten days after yours you automatically win so time is of the essence. 

Prophet

• Skipper
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 06:55:39 am »
You need to finish it so that you can give me the Brd. It can't be counted as an entry unless I have the Brd. However if I don't get another entry ten days after yours you automatically win so time is of the essence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gutCFMc5khY

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 08:38:17 am »
let's not be mean now prophet, I care otherwise I wouldn't have bothered posting it here.

there are a lot of people being very harsh to each other at the moment, I believe it's the frustration at the lack of viewable progress on the game spilling out into the forums but there's really no reason why we can't act like gentlemen here.

Hufer

• Founder
  • I have a Geary Complex.
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 11:16:43 pm »
You guys are smearing Alaric-attracting honey all over this otherwise harmless thread.

Regardless; beautiful design as always, Tarot.

Lolwat

Erebus

• Founder
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 11:37:02 pm »
Truth to be told, I had to cringe a bit at the text as well :D

"Time is of the essence". "You have to give me the .brd or it cant be counted".  :P

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 12:32:45 am »
Well how am I suppose to rate it if I cant  go through it? Though I suppose that the way things are Tarot will have a whole year worth of time.

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 07:18:28 am »
Well how am I suppose to rate it if I cant  go through it? Though I suppose that the way things are Tarot will have a whole year worth of time.

Ships don't take 5 minutes to build. Especially with the amount of detail that Tarot wants to put into the NX-01.
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4