Author Topic: 301st Industries Ship building and mining  (Read 15373 times)

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Leader of the S.D.I and CEO of 301st industries
    • 301st Corp
301st Industries Ship building and mining
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:22:35 pm »
The 301st Industries builds many starships for affordable prices and our ships are fast well armed and quick to build! We are currently hiring!

Our ship classes.

Naples Class Corvette
Spoiler

This ship is a fast and well armed it is considered ideal for patrol or support operations and is easily capable of outrunning ships with similar quality. It has four airlocks two on each side. Two for passengers and crew the other two for cargo.

ARMAMENTS

Armed with four heavy cannons eight sleek turrets and twelve anti fighter seige guns it is capable of holding it's own in combat. It can easily be armed with more weapons and it's current weapons are completely detachable because they are on hard point weapon platforms that connect to the hull of the ship.

PROPULSION

With three large engines and a warp core it is at a normal speed for a corvette.

MEDICAL FACILITIES

With a decon chamber and five medical beds it is capable of treating most problems the crew may face.

CARGO BAY

It has two small cargo bays one on each side of the vessel both have airlocks so that cargo can be moved to and from the cargo bay fast and easily. This ship has large cargo containers made from two cockpit controls one upside down on top of a right side up one.

More ships coming soon.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:02:51 am by Thadius Faran »
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
Re: 301st Industries Ship building and mining
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 08:21:30 am »
Jita Class Freighter
Spoiler

This vessel is slow and small. Mostly used as a freighter it has a large cargo bay but lacks in comfortable quarters because it uses bunks only. It is known that some people reconfigure the inside and use it as a light frigate but it is rare because that is what the Naples is designed for.

ARMAMENTS

eight heavy cannons four sleek turrets four anti fighter seige guns. These like the Naples are detachable and come on weapon hardpoints.

PROPULSION

A single engine and two mini F.T.L. drives.

Cargo Bay

Massive cargo bay because it's standard design is a freighter.

More ships coming soon.

For some reason I could'nt edit my original thread starter.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:13:55 am »
Ok for some reason my computer refuses to let me modify my posts so Alaric or someone else will have to fix this for me. I am sorry for this inconveinence.

Dagger Class Fighter
Spoiler

This large fighter is well armed and capable of bombing runs on large capital class ships.

ARMAMENTS

Armed with four x blasters and four antifighter seige guns she can easily damage capitals.

PROPULSION

Powered by two long engines and carrying two booster rockets she is quite capable but her size makes her slow in turning and a bit clumsy.
It must have a carrier vessel as it not F.T.L. capable without massive upgrades.

More ships coming soon.

kaptnkrunch

• Founder
  • Full Violocity ahead. With all violence and speed.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 01:12:19 pm »
Your enthusiasm is admirable

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 02:02:06 pm »
Yeah it's hard to be enthusiastic with the way things are currently.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 09:07:15 am »
Here is another ship!

Courier Class Shuttle
Spoiler

This Shuttle is large but fast. It can carry 16 people not including pilots and is lightly armed.

ARMAMENTS
Armed with 2 plasma blaster blocks and 6 static guns it is fairly strong for a simple shuttle but can not win  a dog fight easily.

PROPULSION
Equiped with a large impulse drive it can go from planet to planet and is fast but lacks any F.T.L., Warp or hyper drives. Must have a carrier or refueling station.

SIZE
Large for a shuttle and is able to carry large groups perfect for discreet boarding parties.

More ships coming soon.

Here are all four brd.s

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 09:43:13 am »
Here is the Spear Head Class Interceptor!

Spear Head Class Interceptor
Spoiler

This star fighter built by the S.D.I and 301st industries in conjunction with one another is the pinnacle of fighter technology. Rivaled only by advanced fighters such as the Streak Fighter created by Rohen and the F-61 Valkyrie created by Blade Skydancer.

ARMAMENTS
Armed with two X blasters and 22 Plasma blaster blocks she is a force to be reckoned with.

PROPULSION
Moved by two warp grade 1.5 engines and a small booster pack in the aft she is very capable. The best part is that the warp engines can change to impulse with the flip of a switch. However she is a bit slow to manuver but not by much.

COCKPIT
The cockpit can carry two people and in blockade runner you can actually get in it because your rock monkey can fit in with out sitting in the seat!

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 10:58:55 am »
I am currently working on a starship class designated as The Venture Koi. It is an exploration vessel built for salvaging,mining,scanning,research,and to go where no man has gone before! :P Here are some pics as always comments,critisism and commadations are welcome about any of my vessels.

Rohen

• Founder
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 12:06:59 pm »
Well seeing it is in a pretty early stage, there is not much to say about it atm othen than i like the hull shape so far.
I noticed the flat area in the aft section behind the "bridge/commanddeck" that seems unfinised. Will the ship still "grow" there?
I mean this would be a perfect place for a main drive section. As the small thruster packs in the "wings" dont seem big enough to move a ship that size.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 12:25:36 pm »
It might but I have a bigger problem. the cursed random interior glitch has ocurred forcing me to use plateing on the inside. I don't know any solution. If someone does please let me know.

Fun fact. The Venture Koi was built from an S.D.I Battleship prototype design. 

Rohen

• Founder
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 01:40:46 pm »
Let me guess.
You tried to use interior textures on angled surfaces?
If yes, then sadly no. For the ramps on the Ventura i had to use plating as well.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 01:49:47 pm »
Actually no thats not the problem this is.

Also here is an updated zip.

blazingsentinal

• Founder
  • Capt. Recin "Blaze" Aeron of the IUN
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 03:16:39 pm »
none of the pictures in your actual posts work.

Rohen

• Founder
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 03:48:57 pm »
His Picture(s) seem to work for me. Meaning i can see them.
Looks interresting, i have this on walls, sometimes. But never on the floor. (so far)

I find the interior you are building interresting.
Observing the two steps in building, i see that you are building a solid block of a ship and then "carving" the rooms out.
Interresting way of building.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 06:15:45 pm »
Yeah it's a good way of building is'nt it? I think so but ehh everyone has their tastes.

I am stuck. I can't decide what to do with the back. Should I go with a large hangar or a large engine . Tell me what yall think should go in the back. Oh and the window in the second pic is in the first one just blocked. It is the captains and first officers quarters. Cap right First Left.

Alaric edit: merged double post
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:50:05 pm by Alaric »