Author Topic: The NGE Fleet  (Read 36445 times)

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
Re: The NGE Fleet
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2014, 08:07:00 pm »
Well the Vindicator's latest incarnation's interior is COMPLETE! Well it's mostly comprises of 16 flat and empty decks. But the inner engine housings, fuel tanks and pipes are all in place for whenever that feature arrives. Exterior now only need the weapon placements and some greebling work. All in all, this time it looks excellent.

Spoiler

Will still make the custom Command variant with the extended bridge.

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2014, 09:53:23 pm »
Get hype...

It begins...

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2014, 12:00:01 am »
Is that the bridge tower of a star destroyer?
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2014, 02:24:54 pm »

Happening-con 5

It hasn't even begun.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »
That looks like a ISD bridge tower. Going the whole hog rather than a VSD?
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2014, 04:08:27 pm »
That looks like a ISD bridge tower. Going the whole hog rather than a VSD?

Like the saying goes: "Go big or go home!" It was always my plan to make the Imperator.

Fun fact: I'm using the studio model for references as well as the astoundingly beautiful CG model made by Ansel "FractalSponge" Hsiao (scaled to 1 pixel=1 meter ratio).

STUDIO MODEL:
http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=19630

CG MODEL:
http://fractalsponge.net/gallery/ISD/index.html
http://fractalsponge.net/gallery/ISD/ortho.jpg

I'm taking a break after I did some work on the "spine" and "neck". That moment when you can actually feel the scale of the ship is just amazing and terrifying.

Also worth noting, is that, while I am using the MK.II as the main body, I'm actually making the "Mk. III", my own version, taking the best aspects of the MK. I and the MK. II.

Basically using the structural and technical upgrades of the MK. II while replacing the main batteries of the MK. II with those found on the MK. I. But this time arranged in a more efficient manner for increased frontal fire power.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:19:14 pm by CmndrMarcsBirger »

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2014, 05:05:27 pm »
I'd be tempted to suggest finishing the bridge tower completely before bothering to do the rest. Even if the performance upgrades work miracles it's still quite probably going to be one laggy bastard :P
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2014, 10:18:42 am »
You probably already know this, but an ISD won't be completable in the current editor (I know, I've experimented).

IIRC, Snowdragon's ship is still the largest complete hull we have, and it only manages to be 1.2km long by being very narrow in the other two dimensions.

I'm also not certain if we'll be getting a converter to make .BRD files into the new .BRS format, or how long it might take after release before we get one. That's why all my secret projects are on hold. :P

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2014, 01:15:35 pm »
I'd be tempted to suggest finishing the bridge tower completely before bothering to do the rest. Even if the performance upgrades work miracles it's still quite probably going to be one laggy bastard :P
You probably already know this, but an ISD won't be completable in the current editor (I know, I've experimented).

IIRC, Snowdragon's ship is still the largest complete hull we have, and it only manages to be 1.2km long by being very narrow in the other two dimensions.

I'm also not certain if we'll be getting a converter to make .BRD files into the new .BRS format, or how long it might take after release before we get one. That's why all my secret projects are on hold. :P

Yes, I am well aware that doing the entire body is currently impossible (I already tried a long time ago :p). Right now, I am working on it by "layers", so once the bridge is fully detailed exterior wise, the next part is the spine then the terraces. Beyond that i doubt i could work on the engines. By that moment the hull would already be larger than the Vindicator.

But i have faith in our devs that one day they will optimize the engine well enough to have this thing complete and ready for battle.

[ZanMgt]Gabriel

• BR Developer
  • Lord Ruler, Gamer, Programmer, Spy
    • www.zanmgt.com
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2014, 07:41:02 pm »
You will be getting a converter. But it will likely only convert the frame over, everything else will be lost.
"a programmer is an intermediary that converts sugar and caffeine into code"

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2014, 07:44:36 pm »
You will be getting a converter. But it will likely only convert the frame over, everything else will be lost.

So no prefabs and plating?  Just the frame?
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2014, 03:42:43 am »
dey took euhr plates!

But yes, I'm going to have to replate the Excelsior and HMF too.
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4

[ZanMgt]Gabriel

• BR Developer
  • Lord Ruler, Gamer, Programmer, Spy
    • www.zanmgt.com
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2014, 11:29:04 am »
So no prefabs and plating?  Just the frame?

I am afraid not, however we should be able to open the converter for modding to allow users to edit how it converts. So if you wanted that old plasma block to be replaced by a new Gatling gun you should be able to set that up yourself. The issue is that most of the old blocks are gone, so we cannot convert them to a "new" version that does not exist.
"a programmer is an intermediary that converts sugar and caffeine into code"