Author Topic: The NGE Fleet  (Read 42937 times)

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Old Veteran
    • 301st Corp
Re: The NGE Fleet
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2013, 09:55:50 am »
Can you highlight the door in paint or something I cant locate it though i'm guessing its the thing with the wheel on it.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Hyperion

• Founder
  • SnowDragon's Lackey
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2013, 07:35:44 pm »
Now that I look carefully I can see the door and catwalk leading from the door to the ladder. Although, if that door is a 2 meter high door and 1 meter wide the door is going to be hitting the catwalk railing before the door opens wide enough for a man to get out. Provided the door opens outward of course, however in space it would make more sense to have the door open inward that way the air pressure is pushing the door against the door frame rather than lifting the door away from it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:01:30 am by Hyperion »
I don't want to go "Oh! there's shots going my way! No big deal I'm the U.S.S Bloody Massive, It won't even leave a scratch." *boom* "SHIT! BIG DEAL! HUGE DEAL!"

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Old Veteran
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2013, 12:50:57 pm »
Its a SSD They slide in to the wall
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Hyperion

• Founder
  • SnowDragon's Lackey
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2013, 02:56:37 pm »
All the sliding doors that I have seen have been smooth on both sides. That door on the exterior of the turret has 2 large dome protrusions jutting out from it.
I don't want to go "Oh! there's shots going my way! No big deal I'm the U.S.S Bloody Massive, It won't even leave a scratch." *boom* "SHIT! BIG DEAL! HUGE DEAL!"

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2013, 09:26:24 pm »
If I recall correctly, weren't most of the original Star Wars models cobbled together out of cannibalized warship models? If so that door would swing (you can in fact see the hinges as well) and while it looks like it should open outwards (based on the hinges) I'd say that based on the bar that goes across the outside of the door it must be intended to open inwards. That is, if anyone gave it much thought beyond "Needs MOR Greebles".

If it's a door off a warship It's probably a fair margin under two meters. Most warships I've been on require me to duck AND step over the bulkhead at the bottom of the door.

Although I guess since we're dealing in 1m voxels... it's 2 meters. :P

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2013, 05:19:51 pm »
If I recall correctly, weren't most of the original Star Wars models cobbled together out of cannibalized warship models? If so that door would swing (you can in fact see the hinges as well) and while it looks like it should open outwards (based on the hinges) I'd say that based on the bar that goes across the outside of the door it must be intended to open inwards. That is, if anyone gave it much thought beyond "Needs MOR Greebles".

If it's a door off a warship It's probably a fair margin under two meters. Most warships I've been on require me to duck AND step over the bulkhead at the bottom of the door.

Although I guess since we're dealing in 1m voxels... it's 2 meters. :P

Yup, preaty much it.

The ISD IIRC was kit bashed from many WWII warships, tank and truck parts.

P.S.

Will post a pic of the XX-9 Turbolaser tower soon.

EDIT:

So just as I go to get another reference I trip and fall face first in to this thread after a Google search....

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1104064/

which then lead me here:

http://maxx-replicas.jimdo.com/projekte-2011-2013/tlt-xxl/

Could this model be accurate or is that TIE Fighter Pilot a bit off scale??? Second opinions requested.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:31:26 pm by CmndrMarcsBirger »

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2013, 08:24:46 am »
Yup, preaty much it.

The ISD IIRC was kit bashed from many WWII warships, tank and truck parts.

P.S.

Will post a pic of the XX-9 Turbolaser tower soon.

EDIT:

So just as I go to get another reference I trip and fall face first in to this thread after a Google search....

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1104064/

which then lead me here:

http://maxx-replicas.jimdo.com/projekte-2011-2013/tlt-xxl/

Could this model be accurate or is that TIE Fighter Pilot a bit off scale??? Second opinions requested.

From the size of the TIE Fighter next to it, I'd say the pilot figure is off scale. In the movies the TIE pilots had quite a bit of space in their pods, and their heads came up to about the center pane of the cockpit glass (which makes sense, because who the hell wants to try and dogfight with a big a** metal bar in their face?).

So that door *should* be big enough for a 2m tall person to walk through comfortably.
Operator of Black Moon PMC Shipyards
http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=1833.0

"Before all else, be armed"-Nicollo Machiavelli

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2013, 08:17:58 pm »
Then I will stand my ground at the established measurements of 7x7x7 then.

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2013, 02:12:02 pm »
Well that's disappointing news...

Oh well, here is the XX-9 Turbolaser Tower as promised.

(*NOTE) Decided to go with 8x8x8 for this one time. Just to see how it looked.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:14:40 pm by CmndrMarcsBirger »

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2013, 07:11:33 pm »
Well that's disappointing news...

Oh well, here is the XX-9 Turbolaser Tower as promised.

(*NOTE) Decided to go with 8x8x8 for this one time. Just to see how it looked.

With the exception of not being able to tell where the turret ring is, I like it.
Operator of Black Moon PMC Shipyards
http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=1833.0

"Before all else, be armed"-Nicollo Machiavelli

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2013, 09:59:58 pm »
We will have to wait for operating turrets for that feature :)

The rotating piece (for this turret) measures 8x8x8, so it ends below the railing and door.

Sigma

• Founder
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »
I love these ships and the work that goes into them. Also I hope they add proper pre-fabs and blocks that would allow the turbo-laser tower to be fully functional in game. :)

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2014, 08:27:04 pm »
Alright, I got some news:

Both the Vindicator and the Acclamator got to the point of being unworkable due to lag.

I decided to RE-RE build the Acclamator from scratch again and it is now 100% (may be.01% margin of error) TO SCALE!

Spoiler

I NEED HELP WITH THE DANG SMOOTH BRIDGE! Its TOO round for me!

The level of detail on the Acclamator made me realize that my detailing and scaling skills are better and that the Vindicator should have a design overhaul. I don't know weather I should retouch the hull or RE-RE-RE Build it again.

Also, thanks to new information on scales, I am now rebuilding all weapons for capital ships, specifically the turbolasers and Ion Cannons. These will now be used as the standard for all ships done. Once the turret feature is implemented all one has to do is select it from the list and place it like the prefabs.

The ones that needed resizing from the previous designs were the ISD guns, the rest have been shown to be correctly scaled.

These are the following that have been made:

6-megaton standard LTL. The secondary armament on the CR90 could fall under this category (I might be wrong and they could be sub megaton (500 kiloton) or even double digit kiloton guns)
Spoiler
this turret is found on Vigil heavy corvettes.

1-25 gigaton light MTL. The CR90's main guns fall under this class as 1-gigaton. The 25-gigaton ones are found on Vigil-class heavy corvettes.
Spoiler

100-500 gigaton standard MTL models.  The Acclamator's main guns fall under these as 200-gigaton. The XX-9 is probably 100-gigatons due to size (8x8x8), tower model could be classed as 175-gigatons (speculative).
Spoiler

32/40-teraton light HTL. The Octuple guns of the ISD MK.2 fall under this category.
Spoiler

70-teraton HTL. This one is the DBY-827, the Venator's main guns.
Spoiler

175-teraton HTL. The ISD Mk1's main guns.
Spoiler

The field I'm currently missing is the 100+ megaton heavy LTL. I cant find any sources for these though I speculate that these can be found on Recusant-class light Destroyers or on some medium sized corvettes, which could be CR90 sized, possibly a bit larger or smaller which I can't find full info on. help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:47:29 pm by CmndrMarcsBirger »

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2014, 11:30:24 pm »
So I decided to look back at my ships and decided the really need a touch-up.

Here is the new and improved VT-49 Decimator to start:
Spoiler

We could really use some half slabs for the next update... And a symmetry tool that starts the split right in the middle of the frame and not just between two frames.

All in all, a total visual upgrade, and follows the original design a lot closer.

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2014, 11:55:20 pm »
Hold control when placing symmetry fields to place it in the middle of a frame.