Author Topic: The NGE Fleet  (Read 30493 times)

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
Re: The NGE Fleet
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 07:48:58 am »
I have currently hit a "dead end" with the Vindicator  :(  Cant figure out what to do with the rest of the interior since the game has yet to develop the "living ship" aspect to start laying out tubes and power lines all over the place. Along with the fact that there never really was a detailed map that fleshes out the deck space of this particular ship.

As Star Destroyers for the most part share a similar design, it would not be unreasonable to scale down some of the (more numerous) ISD resources.

Spoiler

I agree with you though, I'm not fleshing out any ship larger than 50m or so until we get ship systems.

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 09:38:15 am »
As Star Destroyers for the most part share a similar design, it would not be unreasonable to scale down some of the (more numerous) ISD resources.

Spoiler

I agree with you though, I'm not fleshing out any ship larger than 50m or so until we get ship systems.

Oh I have a good collection of cut aways like that, I just cant figure out what everything does and identify what rooms are which on the unlabeled parts.

But as the ship stands, the entire rear half is mostly done.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 02:18:37 pm by CmndrMarcsBirger »

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 04:17:28 pm »
Hey, CmndrMarcsBirger, I was looking to see if you had a thread of your own when I found this. My trick is to take the structures mentioned in any literature resource and combine them all into one big checklist. Usually I get 50 or so definitely required structures or areas that I can then work out based on movie references and cutaways. With the nebulon, I'm happy to say it all fit perfectly except for the TIE bay, which the schematics would have been perfect for except that the artist forgot TIEs are more than 2 stories tall, lol.

With the destroyer, the resources are far more sparse for the size, so you have the freedom to move and adjust pieces as you like. It's what I'm doing with the new Lancer I'm working on, too, and already I can tell I'll cut a near-perfect fit again :). It helps that a ship with such a huge crew will need a LOT of provisions, giving you the excuse to turn space space into water, tech and food stores.
"'What the h**l are you doing you mother******s?!!11'
I Gasped it was................. Dumbledoor!!!1"

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 05:50:03 pm »
Here is a side cutaway of the remade Vindicator:
Spoiler

Most of the crew area will be on the main tower and terrace below the tower. The reactor is so large it eats a few terrace decks, just like any other capital class Imperial ship. Where the engines are I added the "ultra dense" fuel tanks and there is room for other devices (capacitors, batteries, fuel lines, etc...).

And like you mentioned, water storage, provisions and raw material will have a large space dedicated to them. They will be placed in the front, following the ISD schematic.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Leader of the S.D.I and CEO of 301st industries
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 07:23:01 pm »
I miss the Venator from the Republic it was better looking and had mega laser in the aft hangar bay.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 04:13:34 pm »
After much planned out work, the command tower is now complete. In actuality 90% since ship systems are yet to be added. But it is nicely laid out to hopefully fit all necessary equipment (power generators, shield generators and emitters, scanning and communication equipment, fuel, power, air and water/sewage pipes).

Since the interior is so vast and complex here is a small glimpse of the tower's interior (the main command bridge) and its exterior.
Spoiler

Also, this Vindicator is now classed as a Vindicator-class heavy cruiser "C". The extended tactical bridge which is not standard on all Vindicators gives it the classification of "Command".

I miss the Venator from the Republic it was better looking and had mega laser in the aft hangar bay.

What's to miss about that antiquated bucket? And that large turbolaser beam was not standard on all of the Venators, it was a special modification for the group of that particular fleet.

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Leader of the S.D.I and CEO of 301st industries
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 07:57:29 pm »
Frankly it was a million times better looking and it was faster I belive. Even better looking was the Hammerhead cruiser from the old republic. A souped up variant would be awesome!
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Xavierman117

• Founder
  • That one guy, you know, that one.
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 07:36:49 am »
I like your ships a lot. I love starwars XD

hey, if you'd like for them to be exhibited to a wider audience, Feel free to pop over to Here.

:)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:14:08 am by Xavierman117 »
Meh.

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 11:12:53 pm »
I like your ships a lot. I love starwars XD

hey, if you'd like or them to be exhibited to a wider audience, Feel free to pop over to Here.

:)

May be for another time.

And as part of my promise to bring back the ships from SWG I present to you the SoroSuub Luxury Yacht 3000 (with standard interior!!)!

Spoiler
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:57:22 pm by CmndrMarcsBirger »

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 07:53:20 am »
funky design, I could see it as being some shuttle type vessel in a orbital city...
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Strait Raider

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 01:20:37 pm »
And as part of my promise to bring back the ships from SWG I present to you the SoroSuub Luxury Yacht 3000 (with standard interior!!)!

Didn't a rouge RC team purchase one of those to go after a Kaminoan scientist once?

Venator looks great. DAT BRIDGE.

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 01:40:19 pm »
funky design, I could see it as being some shuttle type vessel in a orbital city...

Blockade Runner's voxels don't give it justice imo  :P

But yea, it makes a great shuttle.

Didn't a rouge RC team purchase one of those to go after a Kaminoan scientist once?

Cant say. Only place I have seen this ship was in SWG.

Strait Raider

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 01:58:43 pm »
Cant say. Only place I have seen this ship was in SWG.

Whoops. I was thinking of a Mon 'Cal Deepwater-class freighter. Sorosuub made me think of a submarine.

Commander

• Skipper
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 02:24:39 pm »
Myeh, dont like the yachts. More Star Destroyer detials please, that thing looks cool

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 03:37:08 pm »
Myeh, dont like the yachts. More Star Destroyer detials please, that thing looks cool

Ask and you shall RECIEVE! In time...

And the time has come!

The new and improved Vindicator cruiser (Vindicator "C"-class heavy cruiser)!

Spoiler

All weapons are there too. 25 Light Turbolaser turrets, 20 Light Quad Turbolaser turrets, 10 Point-Defence Blaster Cannons (switched to Heavy Blaster Cannon variant), and 20 Light Point-Defence Ion Cannons (represented by the "plasma cannon" in game).

The command tower's interior is fully fleshed out. Only things missing are the parts that are yet to come to the game in the "living ships update".
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:24:14 pm by CmndrMarcsBirger »