Author Topic: The NGE Fleet  (Read 44120 times)

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
Re: The NGE Fleet
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2014, 09:09:33 am »

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2014, 10:07:40 am »
I believe it is actually ALT, but yeah. That little function is something that usually gets overlooked.

Actually ALT is the answer to most problems in the editor. If ALT doesn't fix it, probably no button will.
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4

RoflTankFTW

• Founder
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2014, 01:52:29 pm »
I believe it is actually ALT, but yeah. That little function is something that usually gets overlooked.

Actually ALT is the answer to most problems in the editor. If ALT doesn't fix it, probably no button will.

Wait, how many... alternate... functions does ALT enable?

(pun most assuredly not intended)
Operator of Black Moon PMC Shipyards
http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=1833.0

"Before all else, be armed"-Nicollo Machiavelli

Czorio

• Founder
  • Residential nutbag
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2014, 03:10:13 pm »
All of them.
"If you're in an equal fight, your tactics suck."

http://www.youtube.com/user/czorio4

Strait Raider

• It's "Strait", as in the body of water.
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2014, 12:35:33 pm »
Block/prefab + ctrl = replace block
Block/prefab + alt = mirror block placement about the x-z plane

Mirror + ctrl = mirror about middle of block
Mirror + alt = mirror away from player

Symmetry + ctrl = symmetry in middle of block

You can also use alt+ctrl functions at the same time.

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2014, 08:36:31 pm »
I still can't stop beating my self for already knowing ALL of those commands, and yet I had no idea that symmetry control existed.....

:I................

Commander Jackson

• Founder
  • Lazy dev E.M.T.
  • Ex astris, scientia
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2014, 11:09:38 pm »
The symmetry tool doesn't work for "even" yet.  :/

I had no issues with it on my first build.  Used it quite extensively for 2 axises.  (I want to say axii) However, I kept my ship size rather small compared to what others seem to be attempting (under 200 length).   Maybe that's why it worked for me.

Would like a toggle option for Even/Odd Symmetry on the editor.  I'd use it enough to be worth while.

Hit Alt
Gabe has a wraith? That explains so much.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2014, 10:44:32 am »
That quote is actually out of date. ZANMGT were getting on my nerves back then. THEY KEPT CHANGING THE BUTTONS.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2014, 08:24:56 pm »
On a thread related note, The vindicator is, once again, for the THIRD time, passing though a re-re-incarnation.

This time, the model looks a whole lot better thanks to the work experience from the Acclamator (will make picks later). This time, it follows the original diagram of the Interdictor spin off to the meter, with some minor liberties, as well as following the Empire at War Interdictor model by using its engine banks. I always liked that model, it looks less cookie cutter from the other imperial ships.

The new design works so well now, that I goofed off and added gravity-well generators to see how they looked. They slipped in perfectly so basically I have the Immobilizer 418 cruiser on the works too, though my focus will be on finishing the Vindicator.

Only problem I have now is that since I fixed both hangars to be placed in their PROPER respective location on the ship (had them a bit too far to the rear), there is now little room for the fighter hallways to be placed within the ship to the sides.

The main launch bay is the same size as the earlier model, the secondary, apparently was made too big. Their new position makes it very difficult or even impossible to recreate the same carousel system. On the other hand their new location gave added space between the main reactor and shuttle landing bay, a lot of space:

-OLD PICS-
Spoiler

-NEW PIC-
Spoiler

On the new model, there is now 95 meters of space between the reactor area and landing bay. Meaning that either I can store all of the fighter craft back there and launch them from the same landing bay or find a way to launch the fighter craft from the sides of the main launch bay in a significantly less amount of launch doors.

From the pics above, the main bay has 4 launch doors per side, one for large fighters and three smaller ones intended for all TIE fighters no larger than the Standard model. Fighters are packed together one in front of the other in their respective "cubicles". All fighters that were launched were received by the main launch bay by the forward apertures to be ferried back to their cubicles or repair bays located close to the receiving end.

The secondary bay has only 2 small doors per side and its railing system is intended to carry only standard TIEs.

The new model is incapable of having the main corridor that spanned both launch bays and the resized secondary bay is large enough launch only one large fighter craft, it can no longer launch them from the sides and even then its length is claustrophobic.

So I'm left to ponder with that puzzle...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:51:01 pm by CmndrMarcsBirger »

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2014, 11:29:21 pm »
I don't know about you, but I'm jonesing for the chance to start retrofitting my SW ships with the new stuff. First on the docket is rebuilding the interior of the Nebulon to an imperial look(Currently Old Republic/Rebel styled), then when they add plating back, I'm going to finish off my Lancer frigate and maybe start back on my Victory-Class if I'm feeling masochistic.

I'd like to see an Interdictor Cruiser getting some love, too, but I just don't have the energy :). If you decide to put one together, though, I'll be happy to get lost in her corridors for days.
"'What the h**l are you doing you mother******s?!!11'
I Gasped it was................. Dumbledoor!!!1"

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2014, 12:01:21 pm »
Oh there is no doubt that when new materials arrive, some major retrofitting will be in order (like them new angles for the Lambda for starters).

As for the Immobilizer, its on the table, thing is, my mind cant take building the damn Vindicator a third time, and with the new hangar puzzle that is still unresolved, I just took a break from it all. And being sick to top it off makes it no fun.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2014, 12:10:11 pm »
I would like to have a go at a VSD with some peeps when the multiplayer building is stabilized. Should be doable I just don't have much on it's internals. :S
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

dracorotor

• Founder
  • I personalize my gun
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2014, 12:41:03 pm »
Actually, I've already got my VSD's framework underway, but the scale overloads w71 pretty quickly, and the program crashes. Major work has to wait for the next build-ready Founder's version.
"'What the h**l are you doing you mother******s?!!11'
I Gasped it was................. Dumbledoor!!!1"

CmndrMarcsBirger

• Founder
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2014, 07:26:41 pm »
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wQKKj_qeOBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WELL THEN!

Decided to dust off the old editing tool and tackle the Vindicator again. And low and behold I fixed the hangar size issue and now I can hold the planned 72 fighters/bombers, and some how found space to add more. After that mile stone, work on the reactor and engine ports and tubes went down as well as laying down the empty deck spaces.

And in between that here is a NEW Ship! One I planned on making a while ago but lack of info delayed it, but not any more.

Here is the A-22 Civilian Transport:

Darkstrike

• Founder
  • Captain of the H.M.S.V. Saviour-A
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2014, 06:51:13 pm »
Very nice, love the shape of the nacelle pod things on the sides! :)