Author Topic: Storm's Reach Coalition (Including Battlestar and Supercapital ships)  (Read 15273 times)

Hufer

• Founder
  • I have a Geary Complex.
Stop following me
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:51:28 am by Hufer »

Micah

• BR Developer
  • 3D Artist
Re: (Battlestar) BSG - 88 "Avidus"
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 09:17:51 am »
Impressive... Most impressive...

:D Looks fantastic!
"Could any man alive resist a fresh banana?"

Bladecatcher

• Founder
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 01:33:27 pm »
Very nice. I love the attention to detail. I for one can't wait until ships can land inside other ships, so we can launch Vipers out the tubes.

Hufer

• Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 01:19:12 pm »
Not that I could convince you
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:51:46 am by Hufer »

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
Re: (Battlestar) BSG - 88 "Avidus" AND The Krytan Flotilla
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 04:22:06 pm »
that yellow glass looks neon-ish

Me like
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Hufer

• Founder
Re: Storm's Reach Rebellion (Including the BSG-88 "Avidus" Battlestar)
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 01:20:21 am »
Re-organized the thread, still <WIP> but it's starting to all come together. Also added the Arrow Bomber, Hammerhead, and Hobgoblin.

Hufer

• Founder
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 05:18:53 pm »
Wasn't pleased with the bow design, I trimmed the Avidus' bow down to add a more menacing look to it as well as provide overall more armouring and the same amount of fire power. Also added flack barrier pictures depicting it's defensive flack barrier in action.

Axis48

• Founder
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 12:34:19 am »
Gravelight Fighter

Spoiler
Class:  Fighter/Interceptor

Known Ship Names
:  N/A

Information
:  A product of the often burgeoning military complex of the SRC, the Gravelight was designed with a new type of starfighter deployment rig in mind. Unfortunately when the fighter tubes were discovered to require three times the power while only gain a slight deployment time boost; the project was scrapped, leaving the fighter with few ships to dock with. Never-the-less, the few ships able to deploy these advanced fighters are considered extremely dangerous, due to the rapid deployment and heavy armament of this sleek and quick starcraft.

Weaponry
:  Four linked Static Cannons,  four linked Siege Cannons, mounted Torpedo rails (Optional)

Defenses
:  Frontal Deflector Screen, EPS Missile Disruption System, Light Plating

Propulsion
:  Robust Induction Drive Engine, tail mounted thrusters, wing mounted maneuvering engines

Misc
:  The goal of the ship was an integration of starfighter and carrier, making the ships become one in combat and out of, any time you may see these fearsome ships, know that a heavily trained crew is behind them.

Pictures
:

<PD> Terracotta Defense Cannon

Spoiler
Class:  Weapons Platform

Known Ship Names
:  N/A

Information
:  Born out of the Asarian wars, these weapons platforms served as the guardians of many  worlds, and as rapidly deploying capitol ship killers in the long years of conflict. These weapon platforms are armed to take down the biggest of prey, while having the protection to hold steady in spite of harrowing odds.

Weaponry:  Linked Tri-Cannons with stabilizing struts, mounted Torpedo rails (Optional)

Defenses:  Dome Shield Ring, Impact Disruption Shields, Heavy Plating

Propulsion:  Stabilizing Inductive drives, Inertia Dampeners, Maneuvering Thrusters

Misc
:  The unique targeting system onboard allows for accurate shooting with minimal power usage and effective results. The Terracotta can be outfitted for planetary defense, or mounted with docking rails to be used as a quick deploying offensive cannon.

Pictures:

<VAL> Horace Corvette

Spoiler
Class:  Corvette

Known Ship Names:  Dragon’s Eye, Sir Greggor, Perchance

Information
:  Produced amongst a series of other corvettes, the Horace came with the dream of light, FTL capable ships that were able to perform actions at range, where the use of a capitol ship was deemed inefficient or risky. Heavily armed and lightning fast, the ship has proven time and time again that the deadliest ship is not the one with the biggest gun, but the ship in the right spot.

Weaponry
:  Eight mounted Quad-Cannons, Four mounted X-Lasers, Duo Heavy Blaster Mounting(Optional), Mounted Torpedo Slings(Optional), Missile Railing(Optional)

Defenses: FTL Deflector Screen Generator, Dome Shield Mounting (Optional), Light Plating

Propulsion:  ‘MegaTon’ Thrust Engines, Dual Inductive Engines, Wing Mounted Inductive Thrusters, Maneuvering Thrusters, FTL Drive Core

Misc:  While the design of the ship has begun to age, the ease of modification of the ship and the FTL capability has kept the ship on the front lines and amongst danger. The Horace will no doubt continue to serve for many years.

Pictures:

<CLA> Broadside Cruiser kdb 1

Spoiler
Class:  Light Cruiser

Known Ship Names:  Pale Empress, Revenger

Information:  A ship found abandoned in the far reaches of space, the ‘kdb 1’ was adopted and fitted for serve to the SRC. Often in a supportive role for other, large ships, this cruiser is known for its devastating broadside armament and long range missile and torpedo platforms, as well as it’s unique shape amongst the fleet.

Weaponry:  Twenty Heavy Turbolasers, Twenty Torpedo Launchers, Ten Light Plasma Weapons, Six Plasma Cannons, Missile Pods (Optional),  Flak Cannon Railing(Optional)

Defenses:  FTL Deflector Screen  Generator, Energy ‘Sink’ Shield Array, Deflector Screen,  Dome Shield Generator,  Medium Plating

Propulsion:  ‘Blossom’ Thruster Block, Maneuvering Thrusters, FTL Drive Core

Misc
:  While it is a ship based on an unknown nation, the ‘kdb 1’ continues to boast one of the most deadly broadsides in the fleet, while sacrificing little, considering its size. It’s torpedo volleys have won many battles, and many fleet captains proudly remember it’s support in the war.

Pictures:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:15:43 pm by Axis48 »

Hufer

• Founder
Project Wyvern; Supercarrier with full interior
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 01:28:34 am »
No.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:52:05 am by Hufer »

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 01:50:45 am »
Merged the new ship topic with the old blog thread. Please try to keep all of your creations in the one thread, thanks :D

~~SD

Hufer

• Founder
Re: Storm's Reach Rebellion (Including Battlestar and Supercapital ships.)
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 01:53:38 am »
Yep, sorry about that I'll keep it all in one.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
Re: Storm's Reach Rebellion (Including Battlestar and Supercapital ships)
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 02:50:19 am »
All good. Carry on, gents

Hufer

• Founder
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 04:34:52 am »
Added the new Halo-themed Harbinger Class battlecruiser.

Stay tuned for more, currently fresh out of ideas and waiting for inspiration.

Also; can't wait for working multiplayer!  ;D

Rainman

• Founder
  • Loremaster
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 10:46:50 am »
The Harbinger and the UNSC frigate both look great. Keep it up!

SCIENCE!
...IN SPAAAAAAAACE!

Hufer

• Founder
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 03:47:25 pm »
Added some more pictures, a few spell checks, and new Avidus revision, now featuring more interior rooms and more armour as well as a more space-ship-like design!