Author Topic: Updated 19/12! SnowDragon's builder's blog! (Thread stabs dial up)  (Read 60602 times)

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
Re: SnowDragon's builder's blog! (Thread stabs dial up)
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 09:37:04 am »
I think SnowDragons intention is to block out the sun, make it snow and grow dragons?

...This is an awesome idea.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2011, 03:10:49 pm »
Blog Double post:

Not much work was had these past few days, IRL kicked my ass. I did manage to ge the curve frame done and started on the last three stragiht upper sections. After these are done I'll begin the task of filling them all in and then I can start work on the decks themselves.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 04:51:01 am »
Triple post!

Heavy plating has come in, so I've started retrofitting SH with this and frames as planned. Therefore, there won't be any 'new' progress until this is completed.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2011, 03:08:11 am »
Stilling qorking on the retrofit. I've decided to just do the internals until actual armour comes in, so progress soon. In the meantime, some info.

Class: Anlita-Salta Battleship
Name: Selfless Heart
Position: Vice-Flagship of 6IOF; IUN
Callsign: 881
Crew: REDACTED
Armament: REDACTED
Speed: REDACTED
Primary Camouflage: White Stripe on Midnight black hull
Powerplant: Ten A-X-0 'Pulse' Main Power batteries.
Ten A-X-1 'Flame' Main Power Batteries
Ten A-X-x3 'Heaven' Secondary Power Batteries
REDACTED
REDACTED
REDACTED

At least until I build them :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 07:18:49 am by SnowDragon »

Zomboni

• Founder
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 03:57:31 pm »
Primary Camouflage: White Stripe on Midnight black hull

This line almost made me spit coffee. :D

Matz05

• Founder
  • Diabolical Genius
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2011, 07:03:41 pm »
"You can't see me, I'm the Milky Way!"

You know, this is a big battleship. isn't it? Skunks have that colour for a reason. Not overly flashy but easily identifiable close up for those "Oh... <favourite expletive>" moments.
Posted By Alaric on 28 Jun 2011 04:54 PM
...it doesn't matter, I making space ships!

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 11:43:30 am »
Do dazzle paint damnit!.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

The Wolf

• Founder
  • Confucius say when crap hits fan wear raincoat
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2011, 03:32:49 pm »
Would it be wrong if you covered this ship entirely in glitter ?  :o

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2011, 07:12:58 am »
Would it be wrong if you covered this ship entirely in glitter ?  :o

You find me enough glitter to cover a 1.2 kilometre high battleship, and I'll happily coat it nose to tail in glitter :P

Anyway, MASSIVE UPDATE!!

The latest Construction effort on the main frame of the vessel, the last two angle sections on the 'lower' section of hull, the bottom and the second-from-bottom.

The first 100% completed section, what used to the bottom of the ship is now about 60% down (Assuming 1% is the very tip), encompasing two entire decks.

Port side Lower Central Battery Deck, the Pulse Battery is finished, Flame and Heaven are still only on 'height frame' stages. The ship is going to have five of these battery decks, for a total of ten of each type of main power battery.

Outside the main elevator shaft on what used to be Deck 155 (Still gotta work out where all the decks will sit and what these will work out to be.) Note the internal armour to further increase the ship's survivability (And black for overwhleming coolness.)

And, finally... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XyS7uCtnq0

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uomoz

• Founder
  • Endure. In enduring grow strong.
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2011, 07:55:00 am »
Just wow.
That is awesome Uomoz! Keep up the good work!

Proud Builder of the CR90 Corellian Corvette "Blockade Runner" http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=245.0

[ZanMgt]Gabriel

• BR Developer
  • Lord Ruler, Gamer, Programmer, Spy
    • www.zanmgt.com
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2011, 09:58:58 am »
^
"a programmer is an intermediary that converts sugar and caffeine into code"

The Wolf

• Founder
  • Confucius say when crap hits fan wear raincoat
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2011, 02:36:37 pm »
Well that makes the current ship I'm working on look like an escape pod compared to this thing. Can't wait to see what it looks like when its done.

• Founder
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2011, 06:46:46 am »
so, you started making any internal maps for this ship, as i would get rarther lost

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2011, 10:26:47 am »
so, you started making any internal maps for this ship, as i would get rarther lost

Oh yeah. Every ship I've ever build (Here or in MC) has a floorplan already throught out as I build the ship. SH is divided into 14 (1 being at her top spire, 14 being the very bottom) vertical sections (Based on the angle of her frontal hull from the side) and another 13 (1 being far left and 13 being far right, with 7 in the middle) horizontal sections (based on the angle from the frontal hull back from the spirepost). Each of the vertical sections is the same length and width) So there's 14 different 'standard' maps, and there's again another set of maps for the 'special' decks where I've altered the floor design because I build the ship around her 'bastion', the cluster of ship critical systems within her centre core where it's most protected. I also plan to impliment a side on section as well, probably 1 through to twenty in 10 block sections (Given that she's 200 metres long)

The system also allows for easy directions and easy reference of damaged areas. For a hull breach on the Spire, you would say Section One, Cross Seven, Long One, Deck One.

Once I'm done with her, and if I decide to add her to the shipyard I'll probably release the maps just so people don't get trapped.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 06:55:20 am »
Blog Double Post:

Working on preposed deck 240 on SH, I also started paintplans for a minelayer light cruiser of a more traditional length design as opposed to height of 300 metres. Dunno if I'll do anything with it, I've dubbed the test design a FireLance Class. It's a twin axis ship, two primary beams with a gap of 70 metres between them linked to a single main engine unit structure and her minelaying deck. Planned compliment of 4,000 20 kilotonne MIRV charge dispensers, 6 to each mine cartirdge. A ship that doesn't enter the right codes for the minefield has these things fire their charges in a concentrated pattern towards the target vessel, showering them in massive nuclear detonations.