Author Topic: Construction Contest  (Read 11242 times)

Xavierman117

• Founder
  • That one guy, you know, that one.
Re: Construction Contest
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 04:00:58 am »
ok. no problem
Questions still open at the moment

Meh.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 10:04:13 am »
It looks like a fighter and is smaller in area than some of mine.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 12:32:05 pm »
Looks like a fighter to me.
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

mamastoast

• Founder
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 01:31:24 pm »
Easily appears as a fighter. One has to consider that most of the "size" comes from the long slim nose part. Add to that, that the ship is very sleek it easily does come off as a fighter.

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 08:36:15 pm »
See what I mean Subjective  :P We need to work on more open "limitations"

One could also say that even tho it may look like a fighter, with the increased size grants greater ability to create detail there fore giving them an advantage.
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

theallmightybob

• Founder
  • Sleep is for the weak.
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 09:04:25 pm »
I dont mean to be a jerk, but the size limitations were clearly listed. If I could just go over it all willy nilly I would have submited something larger.  But seeing as this is the first contest I think we can give him some leeway. just be more clear about the limitations in the future maybe?

would you buy a toaster shaped like an f22 with an eject button on it? cause thats what i'm going for.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 10:49:48 pm »
Not to be a prune or anything... but if the rules state nothing over 20 metres, and someone builds something larger than 20 metres, then they are breaking the rules.

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 01:57:33 am »
ok, majority says its eligible, so its eligible.

Not to be a prune or anything... but if the rules state nothing over 20 metres, and someone builds something larger than 20 metres, then they are breaking the rules.
don't worry about sounding like a prune, i'll be tougher on this in the future, so no worries. also, i kinda just plucked the size limit out of thin air, so its always subjective and a matter of opinion.

so the ship is now added to the OP :)

also, since i am in australia, and a majority of you guys are in a timezone which is, say, thursday when its friday here, i will close the submissions on saturday morning, which SHOULD be friday night for you guys ( not entirely sure). so enjoy!
Meh.

CommanderFrump

• Founder
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:33 am »
While discussion is all well and good, since another contestant voiced concern over the dimensions of my entry, I have decided to withdraw my submission.  I'd rather not cause controversy during the inauguration of what will hopefully be an ongoing and popular event.

Carry on and good luck to the remaining contestants  :)

mamastoast

• Founder
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 10:17:58 am »
What a true gentleman :P

Commander

• Skipper
Re: The Hammer
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2012, 10:28:38 am »
the hammer is a short range fighter/bomber ment for hammering larger ships, it carrys 4 torpedos as well as a main gun and 2 forward siege guns.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r2k1aroulueywe/Hammer.brd

I vote for that. Looks cool and functional. You even took care to cover every angle with thrusters.

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2012, 10:44:13 pm »
While discussion is all well and good, since another contestant voiced concern over the dimensions of my entry, I have decided to withdraw my submission.  I'd rather not cause controversy during the inauguration of what will hopefully be an ongoing and popular event.

Carry on and good luck to the remaining contestants  :)

you sir, are a very good person.

also, 2 things. the submissions are now closed, and the voting is done via a poll I will now set up.

I would Like to thank Everyone who supported this, and would like to ask you to both vote, and submit further designs in future. tell your friends, tell everyone XD.
the winner of this contest will be put as the first victor in the hall of fame, and will be able to suggest an idea to the council on the next topic.

if you win, you PM me ASAP, as i'm afraid that due to time restraints I cant afford to wait for a message, and in the absence of a message i will make the call myself. sorry, its just how my life schedule works :(
Meh.

mamastoast

• Founder
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 12:00:54 pm »
looks like the community agrees ^^.. Anyone, perhaps in the furture post a picture of each ship in the post in which you announce the polling open. It's easier to have a clear overview of everything that way. In any case, these contests could prove to be interesting.

Erebus

• Founder
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 09:33:11 pm »
Next contest about gunships / small transporters? (25+ meters)

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 12:20:37 am »
instead of posting that idea here, maybe pm me and apply for the council/committee/senate of this contest thread?
besides, even if you did apply, i first take ideas from the WINNER and then i either do or do not do their idea, possibly with a little alteration.
Meh.