Author Topic: Construction Contest  (Read 10257 times)

Xavierman117

• Founder
  • That one guy, you know, that one.
Construction Contest
« on: August 08, 2012, 10:59:09 pm »
Blockade Runner Construction Contest

Hey guys! welcome to the BR Construction Contest! here you can post your ships/Creations every week from monday to thursday, within a certain catagory to have them judged on the weekend. The winners of each week will be posted in the "Hall of fame" with the name of the ship that they won with. they will also be able to offer one idea for the next topic, to be evaluated and decided on by the "council" (currently me, Pm me to apply for the council). If you want to submit a ship you made ages ago, go for it, but a converted ship will probably not look as good as a purpose built ship.

Entries Close Friday

This weeks Topic is: Entertainment!

so as per Mamatoast's suggestions, this weeks topic will be entertainment. what does this mean you ask? well... if i told you, that wouldn't be very fun would it? so build whatever you want, as long as it has the concept of Entertainment in mind. now go forth and BUILD!

As always, the winner will be allowed to propose one or multiple ideas to the council for the next weeks topic. the ideas can be crazy or serious, but they must be reasonable ( no death stars or borg cubes), they can be ANYTHING, from pixel art to Giant laser guns. your call.

Entries:

Thanks For Submitting and voting!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:16:59 am by Xavierman117 »
Meh.

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
Re: Construction Contest
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:41:29 am »
You gotta try aiming next time you create threads, or I'll make sure everyone knows how silly you've been :P Hall of fame and this thread were moved to their proper homes in the creations thread.

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 03:08:05 am »
thanks man. i was reading the game thread and just remembered that i hadn't made the contest yet. so I quickly made it and realised "oh crap"
thanks man again, I owe you one.
Meh.

theallmightybob

• Founder
  • Sleep is for the weak.
The Hammer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 03:09:27 pm »
the hammer is a short range fighter/bomber ment for hammering larger ships, it carrys 4 torpedos as well as a main gun and 2 forward siege guns.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r2k1aroulueywe/Hammer.brd
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:08:05 pm by theallmightybob »
would you buy a toaster shaped like an f22 with an eject button on it? cause thats what i'm going for.

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 05:16:14 pm »
Can I enter multiple variations of the same ship? or rather can I enter a ship that has a large number of modular attachments?
Micah- Loving all the ships here Tarot!

PURPLE UNTO DEATH!!! (or maybe blue)

Erebus

• Founder
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »
Ahh only youre own creations. Sorry misread that.

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 02:13:40 am »
also, i forget to mention, I AM NOT posting ships if they don't have a link to the .brd on an external site.
people need to be able to look around them, and I can only fit 5 .brds on one OP.
i'll update the OP now, but Allmighty bob, use a file hosting  site or something.
thanks, good work btw. I like.

Ahh only youre own creations. Sorry misread that.
umm. of course.... i'm not going to let someone post a ship that isn't theirs.

Can I enter multiple variations of the same ship? or rather can I enter a ship that has a large number of modular attachments?
you can post one ship. variations do not count. also, one entry per person. you CAN swap your entry for another ship If you REALLY want.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:20:51 am by Xavierman117 »
Meh.

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 07:51:01 am »

you can post one ship. variations do not count. also, one entry per person. you CAN swap your entry for another ship If you REALLY want.

Alrighty, sounds good to me
Micah- Loving all the ships here Tarot!

PURPLE UNTO DEATH!!! (or maybe blue)

theallmightybob

• Founder
  • Sleep is for the weak.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 07:54:44 am »
dose anyone have any recomended file hosts?
would you buy a toaster shaped like an f22 with an eject button on it? cause thats what i'm going for.

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 08:36:52 am »

I tend to use dropbox.
Also if you use this link we both get extra space on it: http://db.tt/lx34aIpX
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Me2005

• Founder
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 12:14:43 pm »
also, i forget to mention, I AM NOT posting ships if they don't have a link to the .brd on an external site.
people need to be able to look around them, and I can only fit 5 .brds on one OP.

Rather than require people to post .brd's on another site, why not just post a picture of their entry and a link to their post here? That way, no one is shut out by the upload requirement, and voters can still look at the ships entered. I'm not personally a fan of being redirected off-site anyway, and since the forum has built-in upload support, it makes sense to use it.

I would also consider allowing multiple entries, but not variations. Totally different ships if you want more than one entry. Since it's really just for fun, it doesn't make sense to limit the number of entries per person.
But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won. A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow the path, fitting into an infinite pattern. Yours to manipulate, to create and rebuild.

I know who you are.

You are destiny.

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 08:16:57 pm »
well fine. show me how to link to a specific post and I will.

I would also consider allowing multiple entries, but not variations. Totally different ships if you want more than one entry. Since it's really just for fun, it doesn't make sense to limit the number of entries per person.

if we allow people to submit ships as many times as they want, one person will have an unfair advantage over the rest. because they have say, two or three ships, they are two or three times likelier to win, i think.
so i'll keep it to one entry per person for fairness sake, but if people think "oh crap i made a better ship. I wanna change it," they can. this is because its about putting all your effort into one ship, and making sure that ships is the best it can be.
Meh.

skibble

• Founder
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 08:43:47 pm »
JSN yards project F008b
Role: Carrier-based Long Range Heavy Interceptor
Enormity scale: 2
Size:8x12x7
Mass: 31,686kg

Weapons
x4 MrVorgra Static gun
x6 Exterior hard points

Engine:
x2 Class 3 large engines
x16 RC thrusters

Sensor array
x1 Light radar x4 sensor tri
Slaved to dual computer consoles

Other systems
x4 fuel tanks x4 fixed batteries

Development notes
Designed to be based off the new line of carriers the F008 was built around a pair of Class 3 Large engines. Unfortunately these engines are not yet operational, testing was carried out via reaction thrusters The frame was reinforced to allow for massive amounts of thrust once the engines become available.

16 independent thruster units allow for fast response on the stick while the shear number can be used to get the ship home in the event of an engine failure

The sensor systems of the F008b include one small attack radar for weapon guidance and 4 sensor tri, additional arrays may be mounted on hard points if required but due to its mission role as a interceptor it was  decided that the mother ship could provide long range data.

During testing the primary weapons systems were relocated due to problems with the space frame our manoeuvring the speed of the projectile. The second iteration of the design was reclassified as F008b along with several other minor modifications this craft was approved for production.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:12:27 pm by SnowDragon »

theallmightybob

• Founder
  • Sleep is for the weak.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 09:07:12 pm »

I tend to use dropbox.
Also if you use this link we both get extra space on it: http://db.tt/lx34aIpX

thanks, I totaly forgot I allready have a drop box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r2k1aroulueywe/Hammer.brd

SnowDragon

• First to use a Sigpic!
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 09:10:31 pm »

I'm thinking you should avoid trying to change the topic title of someone else's thread in future