Author Topic: Starting up a server  (Read 1527 times)

Mutton Bandit

• Founder
Starting up a server
« on: August 08, 2012, 10:48:32 am »
I've set up servers for a couple of other games, mostly using hamachi though. I was wondering if anyone is willing to write a quick tutorial for setting up a server quickly, hamachi or otherwise. I'd greatly appreciate it, as I am really looking forward to playing with my friend, but others could benefit from it as well.

TheCursedJester

• Founder
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Re: Starting up a server
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:16:09 am »
I've set up servers for a couple of other games, mostly using hamachi though. I was wondering if anyone is willing to write a quick tutorial for setting up a server quickly, hamachi or otherwise. I'd greatly appreciate it, as I am really looking forward to playing with my friend, but others could benefit from it as well.

Step 1.
Go into your 'Blockade Runner' folder and find the 'Server' folder.

Step 2. (Optional)
Edit the 'BR-Server' XML config file with a program like notepad++ to change the server settings.

Step 3.
Inside the 'Server' folder click 'BR-Server.exe' and run the server

---
No hamachi or port-forwarding should be required, just a healthy connection to the internet.  8)

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
Re: Starting up a server
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:18:36 pm »
You don't need notepad++ or anything fancy to open the .xml file. Just normal notepad would do it (right click on it and select "edit")
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger