Author Topic: Lite update  (Read 1576 times)

W.Wolf

• Founder
Lite update
« on: September 22, 2011, 07:59:03 pm »
I was trying out the lite version of the game everything running just fine and noticed in the game folder the file labeled "wyUpdate" which I took to mean weekly update.  So I clicked on it and let it do it's thing.  It updated the game to R1W20 which is NOT available to for the lite version.  So I basically updated the game to the paid version which of course I can't play as I have not paid yet.  It is good that you have the update function in there but you should probably include a warning in it that it will upgrade the lite version to the latest paid version.  If you did have that warning there and I just missed it make it much more obvious.  Not really a problem I will just delete and redownload but things like this can really piss people off so you want to avoid it.

Better yet would be for the lite version updater to only update to the latest lite version and not the latest paid version.

Zerebo

• Super Moderator
Re: Lite update
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 08:06:30 pm »
Yeah but that won't be any problem in the future. Lite version and paid version will be the same download in future.

[ZanMgt]Gabriel

• BR Developer
  • Lord Ruler, Gamer, Programmer, Spy
    • www.zanmgt.com
Re: Lite update
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 08:16:48 pm »
^ This
"a programmer is an intermediary that converts sugar and caffeine into code"