Author Topic: Galaxy at war  (Read 17136 times)

Walloping

• Founder
Re: Galaxy at war
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 08:37:18 am »
The object accelerates very fast at the (Colonial ship I think? The bigger damaged one.) Like a missile. The power signature is still unknown but growing higher up the scales.

blazingsentinal

• Founder
  • Capt. Recin "Blaze" Aeron of the IUN
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 05:08:59 pm »
"Sir, I'm picking something up on radar," Ensign Macgrille told Captain Newman "It seems to be some sort of distress beacon"
"Patch it through" Replied Newman. Macgrille pressed a few buttons and a synthesised voice came over the speakers:
"This is IUN AI Gyro, Captain Aeron is in need of immediate medical assistance, his co-ordinates are attached to this message."
"Send a drop ship to collect him, hopefully we're not too late." Said Newman, with a worried frown on his face.

Captain Newman strode into the ships medical wing and walked up to the viewing window of the surgical theatre Recin was in. "Whats his status?" he asked the young doctor next to him.
"Stable at the moment, but he could get better or worse. When he got thrown out of the cruise liner a peice of metal ripped through his suit and made an extremely deep cut in his torso, he also shattered his shoulder, the worst part was his exposure to the vaccum of space, the implant he has helped him survive longer than a normal person but eventually his lungs couldn't take the strain and he has alot of damage to his respiratory system, the surgical team on the drop ship had to jump start his heart when they found him."
"Keep me updated on any changes" Newman replied before walking up to the data pad Gyro was in.
"Gyro, could you explain what happened when you were on the cruise liner?" Newman asked the AI.
"I believe it would be better if i showed you." Gyro replied before bring up the video from Recin's suit's inbuilt camera.
"This is bad," Newman said after the video had finished "This is very bad."

Titanrex

• Founder
  • Commander of the 'Revenant' forces
    • videos of things
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 06:42:16 pm »
Denios stood onboard the bridge of the Blood tribute on the other side of the system above the world Andrulias prime which burned beneath his feet, waiting for spectre to be returned to the ship.
The idiot had went and died on him, at least it would hold up the two ships for a while, the scout ship Flash burn had watched the entire thing safely cloaked a few kilometres away, but strangely its sensor sweeps had picked something else of interest up, strange power fluctuations elsewhere in the system, unfortunately they couldn't be investigated, as all Revenant ships were needed to keep an eye on the various powers in the system and to prepare for opening a breach gate so that the glories ascension could be transported into real space.

Denios flipped open the comm console in front of him and tried to link to Recins suit, after several attempts the comm link connected.
"I'am so sorry about that Recin, Spectre always is a little hot headed, I hope he didn't cause too much damage to yourself and your ship" Denios smirked to himself behind the purple face mask...
Before Recin had time to reply, Denios spoke again.
"But don't worry, I'll be sure to tell him off. Now to deal with your friends."

<Several minutes after> (this gap needs filled by Blazing)

Denios took another breath before re-engaging the Comms terminal. Now to call up that IUN vessel that had so rudely joined in. Almost instantly the connection was put through.
"Greetings, I am Commander Denios of the Revenant Task force, call sign 'Dagger'. Early today you engaged an Assimilator class combat chassis operated by a Revenant commando named Spectre, This was an open unprovoked Deceleration of war, Unless you have something else to say, all Revenant personnel and ships have kill orders upon any and all IUN controlled ships, military installations and civilians." The video link ended, and now for the reply.

'In High Explosives We Trust'
'Peace Through Superior Fire-Power'
'We have come to burn your world and urinate in your water supplies'

May the void hide you brothers, for in the end times strength alone wont save you.

Walloping

• Founder
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 08:11:16 pm »
The device impacts the Marathon, the power fluctuations spike to extreme levels and stop entirely. The device then emits an extremely high-pitched noise on all radio frequencies and subsequently detonates. Any people looking at the explosion with their eyes would suffer severe retina damage. Scanner estimates indicate the Explosive device has the capacity to destroy a large asteroid. (a few km.)

Xavierman117

• Founder
  • That one guy, you know, that one.
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 12:39:27 am »
Mr xavier sighed.
"check the connection serina" he said, defeated. a moment passed
"there was an error. fixed." she said.
"good, now maybe denios will pick up."
he waited as the screen showed the CONNECTING animation.
Meh.

Titanrex

• Founder
    • videos of things
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 04:35:51 am »
The comm link flickered to life in front of Denios and Mr.Xavier flickered into view.
Denios spoke first.
"Well hello there, The first blows have been struck, I doubt Recin will forgive me" Denios laughed. "Now what is it you were going to ask of us?"

May the void hide you brothers, for in the end times strength alone wont save you.

blazingsentinal

• Founder
  • Capt. Recin "Blaze" Aeron of the IUN
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 01:12:24 pm »
Recin awoke inside the Sea Star's medical bay, were he had been for the last few hours. He pulled of the oxygen mask which, unknown to Recin set of an alarm in the medical office, and climbed out of the bed, before stumbling out of the door and into the next room. Inside the room the data pad on the table beeped into life and Gyro popped out of it, "Sir, you have one new message" Gyro stated in his calm voice.
"Replay it" Recin managed to croak.
"I'am so sorry about that Recin, Spectre always is a little hot headed, I hope he didn't cause too much damage to yourself and your ship" came Denio's voice off the message.
"I hate that Bastard, he almost killed me." Recin said weakly.
"At least he apologised" Replied Gyro.
"Yes because that makes it all better, doesn't it?" Recin stated sarcastically, before falling unconscious onto the floor, where the medical team found him a minute later.

Darkstrike

• Founder
  • Captain of the H.M.S.V. Saviour-A
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 09:50:52 pm »
<<<Ciao folks - going to try something a bit new with this post - going to add screenshots from the editor of the Saviour-A as I write....trying to give the reader a perspective of what the characters are seeing to help tell the story.  ;) Keep in mind, though, that the Saviour-A isn't completed yet, so in the images I do post...try to picture the rooms and scenes as "complete!" :) >>>

Captain Dagley shivered and got up out of the office chair he had been sitting in amidst the ruins of the Tyrada's Captain's Ready Room. It had been more than two weeks since he and Lieutenant Shawn had first found and boarded the Tyrada in the Dagas Asteroid Field and the ship was still in shambles. Dirt and broken pieces on the floor? Sure, they were everywhere. That, at the moment, was not what was important.

The Tyrada turned out to be a gold nugget among salvage, a vessel Darkstrike Enterprises could salvage in its entirety - but that didn't mean it was going to give up without a fight. Aside from the massive and highly irritating complications of trying to get the systems of a 20-something year old, vacuum-exposed-for-ages battleship back to some semblance of functionality (he couldn't even count the number of relays/power conduits/junction boxes/damaged cables that had been replaced...and the number seemed to continue rising every 10 minutes), it had taken days just to get the Tyrada out of the field. First the thrusters had to be repaired and brought online and then the ship had to be precisely maneuvered (read: half moving under her own power, half dragged by all 8 of the Saviour-A's Utility Tugs through the thousands of jostling asteroids to open space...no easy feat by any means. None of the Tugs managed to take a hit, despite some close calls, but a few smaller asteroids did impact the Tyrada and set the move back hours still.

Now, though, she was clear - had been for 2 days - and was slowly on her way (and under her own power even!) back to Darkstrike Enterprise's asteroid Space Station Headquarters in the Fiat Asteroid Cluster, 3 systems away. The Saviour-A tagging along behind..."Most likely picking up all the pieces that fall off along the way..." Dagley thought. Only the necessities on the Tyrada had been repaired for the journey. Numerous hull breaches remained unsealed. Main lighting was offline. No shields or weapons. Only gravity plating and minimal life support in the most "required" areas of the ship had been restored - tertiary areas for entertainment, guest and crew quarters were left without life support and grav plating to save power. As the Tyrada was running less than a skeleton crew, they just weren't needed. Plus, in her current state, the old girl couldn't handle that kind of power draw anyway.

The Captain walked through the dimly lit (emergency lighting, alone, was active...main lighting was offline to save power) Ready Room to the door and out, ducking instinctively past a fallen beam, onto the bridge full of engineers. "Status Report, please."

"Well sir, we've managed to stabilize the power from Reactor #2, but it's still only at half capacity. Reactor #1 is still operational at the moment, but it's output is still fluctuating", the crewman grimaced, "The crew down there may need to shut it down for repairs..."

"But that would mean dropping out of warp and a further delay of getting this old girl repaired!" the Captain sighed.

"Unfortunately yes sir, but it's not like we would be completely immobile, I think we can still scrounge up enough power to stay moving at sublight speeds. Plus...which would you prefer, dying at sublight speeds from some piece of this junkpile falling on your head, or dying at warp when the Structual Integrity Field fails from that damn Reactor fluctuating?" The crewman cocked an eyebrow at the Captain.

Dagley thought for a moment at the indescribable destruction that a ship losing integrity at FTL speeds endured - disintegration into billions of unrecognizable pieces spread across light years of space or even beyond. Bringing his palm to his face and shaking his head; "Shut it down and bring us to sublight." was his only reply.

The Tyrada creaked and bucked as the ship exited warp. Everybody looked around nervously but got back to work when the vessel survived the slowdown. "Crewman Lasek, you have the Bridge...what's left of it. I'm going over to the Saviour."

The Captain exited the bridge walking along the maze of accessible and inaccessible half-destroyed corridors, past crewman working with all manner of tools on all manner of the Tyrada's systems. All of this was a stop-gap measure. Usually, a vessel to be salvaged or repaired would just dock with the Saviour-A for whatever length of time was needed. The Saviour sported some of the most advanced salvage/repair technology and one of the most knowledgeable crews in the field in this quadrant, but seeing as the D.E. headquarters was only 3 systems away, the Captain was gambling that the nerve-wracking trip getting the Tyrada back to the HQ station would be worth it when the station's additional resources could have the Tyrada repaired sooner.

Dagley walked past the corridor he had found that one poor soul in when he first boarded the ship, reaching down and feeling the pistol in his pocket he had been carrying around everywhere. "I'll finally take a close look at this thing back on the Saviour" he thought. On, into the hangar bay, he climbed into Utility Tug #2 and, requesting permission to depart, deftly maneuvered the small ship out into space and toward the Saviour-A's Utility Tug Hangar A.

"This is Captain Dagley to Saviour U.T. Hangar Flight Control, requesting permission to dock, Hangar A."

"Permission granted sir, welcome home."

Slowly bringing the Tug into Hangar A, Dagley waited for the hangar's forward door to open, revealing the Saviour's light craft repair bay, into which he brought Utility Tug #2. She hadn't moved since the Captain and Shawn had sat her down in the Tyrada's hangar two weeks prior, so it was best if the fight crew gave her a quick once-over. Getting out of the Tug, he spoke briefly to a nearby hangar crewman about his intentions for the Tug and, with a positive nod, walked through the large open door into the buzzing cargo bay...

...up the twisting "main staircase"...

...past the Hydroponics, Water Systems, and Oxygen Systems rooms, through the Operations Room and eventually on to the Bridge.

"Welcome back Captain!" offered Commander Taisho.

"Thanks Commander, it's good to be somewhere a little more..." Dagley tapped the shiny, pristine bulkhead with his knuckles, "..solid. I'll be in my ready room, going to place a call to learn more about a little gem I found on the Tyrada." He smiled and pulled out the shiny, empty laser pistol.

He walked around the corner to the left and down the length of the room into his ready room. Walking over to the chair behind his desk, he sat and turn his chair toward the wall to his right, keying the console there to open a comm. channel to Xavier Industries.

He had recognized their makers marks on the pistol when he had picked it up. If anybody could tell him more about the model, history and capabilities of his new toy of his, Mr. Xavier had. They still did not know each other well yet, but through their sporadic business dealings, the two had come to a friendly and mutual rapport with one another.

"Establishing comm. signal..." appeared on the console screen. The Captain waited patiently for a response...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:13:55 pm by Darkstrike »

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 12:54:03 am »
"ah denios, good to finally actually get a response from you. my comms lines were... iffy." mr xavier chuckled at that. "you left a message to me about the Glories acsension. I would like to discuss it."
Serina suddenly appeared beside Xavier
"sir?" she said. xavier turned to her
"yes?"
"you have a comms call from Cody Dagly from darkstri-"
"I do know where he is from, serina, but thank you. what does he want?"
"he wants your help with a small piece of salvage."
"you handle it. I would love to chat, but i need to talk to denios."
"yes sir." serina vanished.
"sorry about that" xavier said as he turned back to denios's holographic representation, "now where were we? oh yes! i hope you didn't hurt recin too much. he's still my friend, as are you, and I don't mind what you do as long as it doesn't bite XI in the ass"

Serina appeared on Dagly's screen ((shes an AI, and shes not gonna appear in The XI base just to call someone, so sorry i have to set this on the saviour))
"good day captain dagly. Mr Xavier regrets to inform you that he is in an important call, but he is willing to call you back. but i can no doubt assist you if you require?"
Meh.

Titanrex

• Founder
    • videos of things
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 04:07:34 am »
Denios smiled, now time to bring the plan forward.
"We require a large staging area, a void breach gate will be constructed to allow the larger Revenant vessels to enter real space, The gate needs a large amount of power to open up, We were wondering if you could supply this in return for a favour of your choosing." Denios laughed "And don't worry, as far as I am aware Recin is fine, his ego may be slightly bruised, Also as a side note I couldn't help but hear your AI mention a ship in the fiat asteroid field, For some reason this name sounds familiar to me, I cant help but wonder if one of the other task forces have it as a target, I will ask."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:10:56 am by Titanrex »

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2012, 04:21:07 am »
Xavier Smiled
"sounds like a plan to me. i know of a large area that would be perfect for your plan. there is a large nebula in the middle of nowhere, with no civilization and therefore, no jump gates. nice and out of the way. i'll transmit the coordinates." Xavier moved towards his desk, hit several keys and transmitted the location of the area his explorers had dubbed 'Space Nevada'. an inside joke. "i should also let you know that one of my research projects will be producing a high quality power supply soon, and if you ask nicely, when its done, i can have some of my engineers install it on your void gate. in return for another favor, of course."
Xavier Laughed loudly.
Meh.

Titanrex

• Founder
    • videos of things
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 05:13:13 am »
"A deal it is then the gate will begin construction immediately, we ask other than installing the device you give it a wide berth for now, constructor swarms don't take kindly to intrusion" Denios replied.

Within the nebula several Rifts cracked open and slowly 4 Revenant ships poured forth, the Damage king among them as swarms of drones took off from the other three ships carrying formations of crystals into space where the gate was destined to be constructed.

"Construction has began Mr.Xavier, also I have contacted the commanders of the other two Revenant task forces, The fiat asteroid field is indeed a target, Would you like me to intervene?"

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 05:26:37 am »
"i would prefer you do so," Xavier said "no sense in losing a friend in dagly. no doubt he will be exceedingly helpful."

((yes, posts CAN be This short))
Meh.

Titanrex

• Founder
    • videos of things
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 05:57:31 am »
The Revenant Destroyer Nightmares wake De-cloaked about a kilometre from the Darkstrike enterprises convoy, If this wasn't strange enough Revenant drones detached from asteroids. Commander Laran stood behind the helm, he opened up the comm link in front of him and set it to range to all Revenant ships in the area
"All ships of call sign Hammer, stand down, Fiat asteroid field is no longer a target." Numerous affirmative's followed through static. Now to explain our way of 5 warships and strike packages de-cloaking in a secure area thought Laran, oh fun.

"Darkstrike industries vessel this is the Revenant command destroyer Nightmares wake we are sorry for the shock, we had been given information of an impending pirate raid in this sector of space, we had picked up your sub-light frequencies and thought it to be you, Revenant ships will de-cloak and head away from the asteroid field, we are sorry for any inconvinence." The message sent. Trouble averted or so Laran hoped.

Xavierman117

• Founder
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 06:27:11 am »
"now, if there is no other agenda" xavier started, "i'm afraid i must take my leave"
Meh.