Author Topic: Black Swan Industries  (Read 3298 times)

Kane Loki

• Founder
Black Swan Industries
« on: May 30, 2012, 03:47:02 pm »
I decided it was time I started my own shipyard thread.  So, uhm.  Here it is.  (I'll write a better intro blurb later, okay?)

Released

Saint Jiub
atmospheric shuttle
Spoiler
   38 L, 33 W, 8 H
   Enormity: 4
   Engines:  10 small engines facing backward, 2 small engines facing forward, ~18 maneuvering thrusters
   Armament:  N/A
   Other:  Seats 32 (6 first class), approx. 100 meter3 stowage
   Time Sunk: 5 hr
   Original Plan:  Build a heavy fighter in the style of Lasas.  Grew into a bomber, then decided it looked more shuttle-like.

Status: Exterior nearly finished; may rework wings slightly, unsatisfied with flat region top rear (suggestions welcome).  Interiors planned out, partially constructed; waiting on additional living ship functionality and less finicky interiors before completing.

Future Plans:  May alter to make a passenger version (two levels of seating, no first class, very little stowage) and a cargo version (remove all seating, expand bottom to accommodate cargo bay door).  Mk. II in design stages (I'm actually designing it!), will begin construction once additional angles are released.

Deck Plans:  TBA
   Photoshoot
      Top:
Spoiler

Bottom:
Spoiler

Side:
Spoiler

Front:
Spoiler

Back:
Spoiler

Angle:
Spoiler

Notes:  It's upside down.  But it doesn't matter because SPAAAAAACE.
   BRD:  Download

Under Construction

Lasas-class
fast battlecruiser
Spoiler
   (approx) 445 L, 275 W, 58 H
   Enormity: approx. 28
   Time Sunk:  (I don't even)^2
   Original Plan: 
Spoiler
I built this thing, almost exactly as presented.  Then... stuff happened.  Don't ask.
    Its next form looked like this: 
Spoiler
    It was an utter mess from the conversion from its original form to this one, and I was dissatisfied with several elements, such as the wings and some things that would change little in the way it looked, but would have been a nightmare to re-do on top of everything I had.
    So I rebuilt it from scratch.

Status:  Basic exterior shape as is.  Front, flat areas on front half, rear need work.  In the process of planning major exterior features and basic interior layout.  Current paint job is temporary and intended to help show ship's structure.

Future Plans:  Major detail work.  Paint job.  The interiorror.  (No, that isn't a typo.)  Possible variations, such as fleet carrier, EWS, missile boat, BFG platform...

Deck Plans:  No.
   Photoshoot
        Apologies for rather terrible pictures.
      Top: 
Spoiler
      Side: 
Spoiler

Scrapyard

Ships I no longer want to work on, weird experiments, and the like.

Unnamed patrol cruiser
Spoiler
   193 L, 180 W, 115 H
   Enormity: 23
   Time Sunk: I should really start tracking this...
   Original Plan:  Draw a circle.  Build a ship from the circle.

Status:  Almost completely rebuilt, re-classified as a patrol cruiser.  Incomplete hull.  Sent to scrapyard.  Name removed for future use.

Photoshoot

Spoiler

Old:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

BRD:  Out of date

Squid
experimental fighter
Spoiler
   Time Sunk:  Maybe an hour.
   Original Plan:  Build a Starfury-style fighter.

Photoshoot

Spoiler
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:53:53 pm by Kane Loki »
Telekinesis - the art of taking something that shouldn't move, and respectfully disagreeing with its questionable life choices.

Kane Loki

• Founder
Re: Black Swan Industries
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 03:47:38 pm »
[Reserved]
Telekinesis - the art of taking something that shouldn't move, and respectfully disagreeing with its questionable life choices.

Imaus

• Founder
  • Let the Hammerfall
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 07:22:22 pm »
Nice ships, hope that dreadnought gets made at one point.
Family Balenchist

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:01:54 pm »
I LOVE that shuttle!
Micah- Loving all the ships here Tarot!

PURPLE UNTO DEATH!!! (or maybe blue)

Hyperion

• Founder
  • SnowDragon's Lackey
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 08:26:24 pm »
Cool, although the Wispy Donut will give you problems at that size (do you honestly want to create deckplans for that?). I can mirror the Lasas for you if you want.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:28:33 pm by Hyperion »
I don't want to go "Oh! there's shots going my way! No big deal I'm the U.S.S Bloody Massive, It won't even leave a scratch." *boom* "SHIT! BIG DEAL! HUGE DEAL!"

Kane Loki

• Founder
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28:25 pm »
Thanks!  Glad you guys like 'em!

Cool. I can mirror the Lasas for you if you want.

Sweet.  BRD on its way through PM.  Good luck.  ;D

Hyperion

• Founder
  • SnowDragon's Lackey
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 08:51:52 pm »
Here you go. I had trouble initially, but after moving outside of the entity grid I was able to mirror it.  :)
I don't want to go "Oh! there's shots going my way! No big deal I'm the U.S.S Bloody Massive, It won't even leave a scratch." *boom* "SHIT! BIG DEAL! HUGE DEAL!"

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Kane Loki

• Founder
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 09:55:40 pm »
Heh.  Yeah, I thought you might.  The real one would be a rather challenging project to take on...

I hadn't seen that Lasas for a long time, and mine somehow reminded me of my memory of it.  Did a bit of a double take when I finally looked it up.  But the name stuck anyway.

Rocket Fiend

• Founder
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 02:12:17 am »
So long, chumps!

MrVorgra

• Founder
  • RAWR!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 02:25:07 am »
Last Exile Fam the Silver wing, basically the second series
Real Men drive vehicles without knowing how fast they are moving or how much fuel remains in the tank.

Kane Loki

• Founder
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 02:04:50 pm »
Updated OP with a new WIP, an unnamed frigate.

I'm not happy with this thing as it is.  I really like the hammerhead, but the crescent wings have to go.  Problem is, I don't know what to do in their place.

Thing looks a bit stubby, too.

Any suggestions?  BRD will be in the first post if anyone's interested.

In other news, Lasas is progressing quite well, despite now being split into two separate files that I STILL can't mirror, because they have ghost data or something and aren't actually any smaller.

Oh, and Vorgra - I'm considering doing the Urbanus.  Maybe we could start up a Last Exile shipyard.   :D

TarotDragoon

• Founder
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 05:16:04 pm »
the frigate is seriously cool, I've been toying with similar designs but you may have just pushed my inspiration button.

you create fantastic ships Loki I am envious of your shipbuilding talent.
Micah- Loving all the ships here Tarot!

PURPLE UNTO DEATH!!! (or maybe blue)

Kane Loki

• Founder
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 05:57:45 pm »
Thanks, Tarot. :D  You make some pretty nice ships yourself.

And Hyperion - Completely missed your post with the mirrored Lasas until now.  Was thinking you forgot... Sorry!  And thank you!  It doesn't even lag very badly.  Things shall progress!  I wasn't aware moving outside the entity grid could sometimes allow mirroring.  I'll have to try that...

Kane Loki

• Founder
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 10:06:36 pm »
Updated Lasas and the unnamed frigate, renaming the frigate (Inappropriate Response). 
Changes to the Lasas entry are minimal, mostly bookkeeping, but watch that space - big things are coming! 
Inappropriate Response is almost a new ship, and the (inevitable) size increase has prompted a reclassification.

Working on a few smaller side projects, but nothing worth showing at the moment.

Also added a small bit of silliness.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:14:00 pm by Kane Loki »