Author Topic: Rohen's Shipyard  (Read 13905 times)

Rohen

• Founder
Re: Rohen's Shipyard
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 05:25:05 pm »
So...
Again i startet a new project.
Thinking of how many only half finished ships i have so far... but when the idea strikes... well anyway i startet building.
This is going to be one of the biggest ship i tried so far.
Ist still in a very very early build phase.

I will not give away to much info on it right now, but here is a first teaser pic.

Spoiler

Rainman

• Founder
  • Loremaster
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2013, 09:56:14 pm »
Gorgeous turret design. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
SCIENCE!
...IN SPAAAAAAAACE!

Rohen

• Founder
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2013, 05:25:24 pm »
And some new info for the new project.

The ship will be at least 600 (absolute minimum) to 800 meters long. If my computer allows it i would go as far as 1.2 KM.

So in order to get from point A to B it will need a Transit system.

Here are some screenies from the early stages of the transit system:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

blazingsentinal

• Founder
  • Capt. Recin "Blaze" Aeron of the IUN
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 06:33:59 pm »
I like the tram system! I dont think thats been done before

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 07:42:37 pm »
A lot of people have talked about it but none of the ships large enough to make one viable has an interior.

(personally I'm not entirely sure they're worthwhile on KM long ships. It's only like a fifteen minute walk. peeps should stay where they work! *cracks whip*)
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger

Thadius Faran

• Founder
  • Old Veteran
    • 301st Corp
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 09:02:49 pm »
15 minutes could be the difference between life and death. When your going to the escape pods you may not make it in fifteen minutes.
If your going to use military force you ought to use overwhelming military force. All war is immoral and if you let that bother you your not a good soldier.

Rohen

• Founder
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2013, 03:42:09 am »
Yes, somethign like that, but not only for time critical things like "getting a damage control team to, where they are needed" or fast deployment of security forces to repell boarders. It can be used for the "comfort" or the crew or as i am planning a "freight" car for the transit system it can used to haul cargo or spare parts around the ship.

And an additionaly the Ship will use the "Unity" Bridge. (Created for the Group Vessel Design Challenge)
(can be found here: http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php?topic=1626.0)
As it was big enough to be reasonable on a big ship and that i had put in some work and did not want it to go to waste.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:54:08 am by Rohen »

Niwantaw

• Founder
  • Eternal Skipper O.Q
  • Grille'd
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2013, 11:17:08 am »
15 minutes could be the difference between life and death. When your going to the escape pods you may not make it in fifteen minutes.
if all your escape pods are at one end then there's only you to blame for their deaths.

And I usually run off the idea of redundant teams with smaller AOs. So if I need a damage control team /there/ then the one nearest responds. Same goes for counter boarding teams. (I like big crews :l)

...i am planning a "freight" car for the transit system it can used to haul cargo or spare parts around the ship.

That's the only real reason I could think of for a transit system in a km ship. Personally I felt it wasn't enough to justify a dedicated system though. Still. Should be cool.
"God damnit why does everything have to be in sweedish? I don't understand shit"-Davee

<Strait_Raider> "The Big 4 could be equipped with a Bren gun or a 3 inch mortar..."
<Strait_Raider>That's like... my two favorite things.
     Put together.
     That's like... Kate Upton in a Tiger