Author Topic: private chat  (Read 1659 times)

blazingsentinal

• Founder
  • Capt. Recin "Blaze" Aeron of the IUN
private chat
« on: May 12, 2012, 03:55:58 pm »
in the private chat  can we have it so we can see our messages aswell? because its really confusing only seeing one half of the conversation.

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
Re: private chat
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 10:04:38 am »
If you are referring to the forum PMs, do you mean saving your sent messages or viewing a "conversation" in a thread-like manner? If the former, you can set an option in your user settings to saving outgoing PMs by default so you can refer to them later. If the latter, I'm not sure the forum supports that functionality by default; one possible workaround is to quote the previous message to which you are replying so that you can more visibly maintain context in your response.
<Czorio> The bittersweet embrace of the Alaric is the only embrace I'll ever know.
<Gabriel> Because Alaric robbed your pleasure...
<Aaron> I feel dirty. Alaric, pls hold me.
<Terah> I don't guess when it comes to you Alaric, I just assume you are always watching...

blazingsentinal

• Founder
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 10:08:10 am »
i ment the latter, oh well but thanks for the reply anyway.

blazingsentinal

• Founder
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 02:26:23 pm »
ok i have another question, is there a way to add someone to an in progress conversation?

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 03:28:32 pm »
You can send a PM to multiple recipients, just add more people in the "To" box. As far as "catching someone up" on an ongoing conversation you'd have to quote previous messages and include them in the PM to provide any past content.
<Czorio> The bittersweet embrace of the Alaric is the only embrace I'll ever know.
<Terah> I don't guess when it comes to you Alaric, I just assume you are always watching...

blazingsentinal

• Founder
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 03:31:00 pm »
yeah thats what i thought i would have to do, although i wanted to make sure first as the thing i want them to catch up on is about 10+ posts long.

blazingsentinal

• Founder
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 10:53:57 am »
ok one more thing quickly. what does the reply to all button do? does it reply to everyone in the conversation if theres more than two people, or does it reply to every post in the conversation?

Alaric

• Super Moderator
  • I making space ships!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 04:31:03 pm »
Reply to All creates a message which populates the "To" field of the new message with everyone listed after "Sent to:" in the old message (i.e. the one in which you click the "Reply to All" link) in addition to the sender (excluding yourself, of course). Normally, clicking just the "Reply" link would send the response to only the person from whom you received the message to which you are replying.